Steve...maybe its time for a little changes for the better >

Steve...maybe its time for a little changes for the better

Notices

Steve...maybe its time for a little changes for the better

Old 12-15-2005, 10:59 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steve...maybe its time for a little changes for the better

I'm posting this so Steve and the racers can read this and maybe come to a agreement to make this section better..

KLATTU made a great point on a thread that really deserves a look at...

It was:
Every once in a while , this area get's some good factual thread's going , along with a few fun one's .Then an unknown agitater pop's up and re-start's the whole war .

No doubt I will catch HE$$ for this post . But I sincerely believe the person who wrote the above post did so in an attempt to dis-credit Dave & his team . ( if I'm wrong let me know who you are, and I will send you a letter of apology )

We need to have people like Dave S, Pop, Tom A, Mike T, Gary N, Paul W and others who are trying to make this sport better to come on hear and give us some insite or just there comments without people taking jabs to stir up the normal BS that has chased so many racers from coming on here.
These people have better thinks to do...then to voice there views to have people take shots at them and there team...

We all know the racers have the respect for guys like Dave and others and would never take shots at them because for who they are and what they are doing for the sport....but we all know we somethimes get the wrong people for the wrong reasons come on here....

So with that said would the racers have a problem with somewere on the bottom of there post to have there real name just so we can keep out the problem children....

I know if enough racers voice on this I'm sure Steve would do something about it....

He has try a lot of things to keep it clean on hear from mediator's to having complaints sent to him...and he can't do it all...
Since this is are section maybe we can do something as simple as this to make things better and get more racers on here like years past...

Any input either way? If this was a bad idea...Tundra is spending the winter at KLATTU's house....so foward all hate mail to his house....

Gino Marrone

Last edited by MANITIE; 12-15-2005 at 08:43 PM.
Old 12-15-2005, 12:03 PM
Registered

Default Re: Steve...maybe its time for a little changes for the better

The Board has been pretty quiet and civil lately...I see more and more guys are coming back and posting.

I didnt see the post that Klaatu was referring to, as inciteful. I think Klaatu's response to that post was inciteful.

Maybe we should just let sleeping dogs lie and if someone is offended by any particular post or individual, report it to the moderator. It works for me. Thank you OSO

keep the BS in the GD or Bilge forum. And all will be well

Happy Holidays
Old 12-15-2005, 03:11 PM
Registered

Gino, I agree. I have never tried to hide behind a screen name but I do see some on here hiding and posting nothing but negative sh*t to bring down one organization or the other. Maybe it could be a "New Years Resolution" for some to be positive? Dave
Old 12-15-2005, 06:38 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Alot of us just stopped posting here because of the hypocritical nonsense from a few guys. There have been some issues that I have wanted to give my input on but have refrained because I was watching to see who posted what. The reality is that the milling area now is lame. If there cant be open debate about the substantive issues in racing than whats the point??? If a few guys in here are willing to "take the dress off" and start to participate in the dialogues by responding on point then something may happen, otherwise its just more of the same BS...... (thats pretty funny!) The key to any meaningful debate is getting input from all sides on the issues and then making a judgment..... not getting input from one side and then complaining about opposing positions. I can hear it now... "you arent a racer". Well, I am a racer. I have a current Sbi license, I own a boat and meet all of the requirements, so save it.

Brett Hartley
Old 12-16-2005, 10:31 PM
Registered

Guys this is BOAT RACING nothing will ever change. It is a hobby sport nothing more, How many Major sponsers do we really have ( Forturne 500/900)???

I rember a long time racer once said this is a hobby/LOVE /pasion sport nothing more nothing less.....

Who really cares who is who on here?? This is a public forum you never will no who some of these people are if you whant total controll call Bertal and have him turn Wet Pits back on..

Have a Great Holiday

Last edited by Shane B; 12-16-2005 at 10:37 PM.
Old 12-17-2005, 09:20 AM
Registered

Hey Shane...

I'm not saying to cut non racers out of here....just how about but put your name on the bottom of your post...we all know all the racers on here and non racers....its seems its now only a few that are stirring the pot now....things have gotten a lot better on here and there are more people coming on...

I'm saying this because before it starts to get out of hand this time we may be able to put a stop to it before it starts...

The racers should police this section to make sure the BS stays out....

you don't need a big name sponsor either....any team would love to have 40K+ with all there sponsors for a season...
if you don't start somewhere with sponsors you will never get the big name ones to pick you up....

and no we don't need wet pits back.... just try to get the milling cirlce what it once was....

Happy Hoidays

Last edited by MANITIE; 12-17-2005 at 09:27 AM.