Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Re: BlowTorch

cool thread
Old 03-08-2006, 05:21 AM
Registered

Default Re: BlowTorch

Hi Guys;

I agree with all of you Ken is`the man and my child hood hero. Our record attempt is going OK . But it is not easy , which goes to show how amazing kens record is. We have since changed the hull design and reduced the length, and we think it will work , but who knows. We are building our boat in our spare time and it is totally funded privately. We chose to do this since we did not want to get involved with the whole PR thing. Any way theres no more money left since Mac Knight has sucked it all up. Its all about the boat and thats all. we are fairly secretive not because we are worried obout other teams but we want to make our mistakes in our own time , think about it then rectify them with no debate. We seem to spend 10% of the time building the boat and 90% looking at it and deciding if it will work. Is this normal?? Please do not think that this is all Hi tech. We designed the boat in the PUB on a place mat. We then drew the out line on the floor of the factory.

With reference to an ejector seat we do not have one . What we do have is a break away cell assisted by chutes. We dont have any computers , we have a pole with a drogue sticking out the back set to the angle of blow over . When it hits the water it pulls a cable that releases the chutes. Its that simple. Will it work . Dont know. I regret to say that I am well known for tipping boats.But thats commitment!. No its Stupidity?

Ken if you are reading this thread I would love to chat to you and pick your brains about some of our ideas. We dont know if we dont try. Any way if we can get the boat finished and it moves then this would be a result. It will be more than the other teams.

Oh well better go and cut some more chipboard. Only joking not really using chip board. MDF is much better????

Jules
Old 03-08-2006, 06:51 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Me and Mr. Warby are going to break his old record in The Condo! We have a new design, has something to do with "CONCRETE" not cement! Ken Warby is THE MAN and my buddy.
Old 03-09-2006, 03:10 PM
Registered

I would not be surprised. if you did. Total Respect is Due.
Old 03-09-2006, 03:19 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

augie? can i drive this one?
mike