Notices

Is it possible...

Old 03-02-2006, 11:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Is it possible...

Sean,

Your idea has already been proposed (and rejected) to OSS. I have 1st hand information. If anyone would like to know the details, I will be glad to share them with you. Otherwise, the significant efforts that SBI has already taken toward unifying the sport (and not just the issue of KW) will remain unknown to those outside of the OSS Board of Directors

Best Regards,

Ken Doyle

PS: I would be willing to post this information on this board on the condition that it would not be in contradiction to the new OSO rules. Otherwise, if you will send me your email address, I will forward it to you.
Old 03-03-2006, 06:46 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You Rat Ba$tard!
Old 03-03-2006, 12:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by KenD
PS: I would be willing to post this information on this board on the condition that it would not be in contradiction to the new OSO rules. Otherwise, if you will send me your email address, I will forward it to you.
Ken, If you don't mind, forward it to me. I am not on the Board.

Thanks, Ben

Email: [email protected]
Old 03-03-2006, 08:34 PM
Registered

Okay,

Let me put some more thoughts on paper here:

- SBI/APBA has Key West under a 5 year deal (as I also expect are other race sites with the other organizations)...so Key West becomes SBI/APBA "Championship"
- OSS is going to Destin...OSS "Championship"
- OPA...I think I read one of these posts from Smitty that Cambridge will be their "Championship"

So, maybe what we need is just one more race, let's say in early December. We'd need a rule book that was adopted and voted on by all registered owners in the participating organizations. We'd want national TV coverage, a marketing plan that promotes the race, no entry fees and ideally a nice purse for our efforts.

Now I know this is somewhat simplified...standardizing rules would be difficult at best and the issue of the APBA/UIM license could still be an issue (or maybe not). So that leads me to my next few questions:

1. Who would be interested in being there (i.e. which teams, race fans)?

2. What would we need to pull this off (i.e. where's the ideal location, how about insurance, major sponsors)?

3. Who would be willing to take on such a task (or better yet, why or why not)?

4. What would our budget have to be?

5. What am I missing?

Sean

Last edited by TGOR; 03-03-2006 at 08:42 PM.
Old 03-03-2006, 08:59 PM
Registered

Okay...I'll be the first to answer my own questions:

1. We'd be there! This is the big one.
2. Location: Somewhere on the Florida coast (warm climate for December), possibly south Texas (Padre Island?) Insurance: I'd have to find out who insures offshore racing events. Sponsors: I expect we have some teams with good contacts for possible sponsors...I know one that has a sports marketing budget of $50M a year...I'd want some professional help to secure them.
3. I've got experience putting on military air shows and would be willing to participate on the planning board.
4. TV Coverage: $500K? Purses: $500K? Insurance: $? Staffing: $250K Not sure what else is involved...need the experience organizers to chime in.
5. I'm lacking personal experience putting on an offshore race...but I have done air shows...I've already seen the similarities.

Sean
Old 03-03-2006, 09:23 PM
Registered

Look, if one organization wont even make an effort to come to the table than nothing can be done. I suspect that this lack of even a minimal effort speaks more about the mind set of the directors than any post that could be put here. I am done offering ideas or even wasting my time putting thought into the issue. I have read the documents and I hope that Ben has too. This sucks.
Old 03-03-2006, 10:17 PM
Registered

I am on the OSS board and would like to see documents posted here on via e-mail because I must have missed them somehow.
sw
Old 03-03-2006, 10:48 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

KEN EMAIL ME THEM ALSO IF POSSIBLE
MIKE STANCOMBE
[email protected]
Old 03-03-2006, 11:18 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Mark if you want to know the awnsers,call Paul or Gary and ask,they always awnser and return calls.Mike see you and your dad soon.
Old 03-04-2006, 12:19 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

cool

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.