Old 04-19-2006, 10:12 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default It's not just us.

http://www.uimpowerboating.com/
http://www.class-1.com/

I hope they get it sorted out.

SAEED HAREB RESIGNS FROM UIM

Friday, 7 April: Saeed Hareb, Managing Director of the Dubai International Marine Club (DIMC) and the UAE Marine Sports Federation, has resigned from his posts in the Union Internationale Motonautique (UIM), the World Governing Body for watersports. The statement issued by the DIMC outlining Hareb’s dissatisfaction with the UIM administration.

Hareb was appointed as UIM Class 1 Permanent Commissioner in 2004 and Chairman of COMINOFF (International Offshore Commission) for Class 1, 2 and 3 a year later.

Response:

To whom it may concern !

The negative statements S.Hareb has given to the Dubai press are not true and not correct. Here my corrections:

1.The decision of the OOD which led to the change of the 2005 Class 1 results were published about 3 weeks after the request of the OOD and not 4 months.

2.I have never accepted the resignation of S.Hareb. I have asked him to reconsider his decision!

3.The OOD was informed in writing that he could attend the appeal meeting, but he did not show up.

4.The appeal meeting was an open meeting. S.Hareb did not ask for attendance and he did not show up.

5. The UIM followed its rules in every respect.

Final statement: The UIM is a clean and correct institution.

R.Fröhling

UIM President
Old 04-19-2006, 10:50 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Re: It's not just us.

Not everyone will be happy 100% of the time.... Just got to roll with it....

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !