C-1 Class course question. >

C-1 Class course question.

Notices

C-1 Class course question.

Old 10-19-2006, 07:14 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default C-1 Class course question.

I've just started watching the C-1 class racing on the WaterChannel (dishnet 217), and I'm really liking it. Very exciting racing.

I have been picking up a little more info everytime I watch, but I just got done watching a race replay and have a question.

How is the course setup??
It seem's there is a short course, a mid-length course, and then a long lap course. And they are all part of the same race - a team must complete "x" number of laps of each course to finish.
As I was watching, two boats were running past a pin, and one ducked to the short lap, and the other went on to run the long lap. They were running side-by-side to the pin.
Is this to mean that a racer can choose "when" he wants to run the long lap, so long as he complete's 2 short lap's, 2 mid lap's 2 long lap's??? (or whatever the required number of each lap is...)

I think it's great racing - much more exciting than what we have in the States currently. Just trying to get an idea on the rules.

Also, what is the benifit of the Snorkel style air scoops - they look funky to me, but, they must be there for a reason. Why the difference in design to what the USA boats are running?? What's the benifit??

I hope this isn't confusing, just curious because I'm liking the way C-1 is racing.
Old 10-20-2006, 12:42 AM
www.weismann.net
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: C-1 Class course question.

Short and long laps and choose when you want to take them is correct. Traffic plays a part in the decision and weather.

The scoops are there because of air restrictors on the lambo motors. They are trying to slow the boats down and make pleasure boat motors competative.

The benefit is a free supercharger. The states do not allow the boats to seal the scoop to the intake and they run carburators with restrictors, C-1 injected.

pat W
Old 10-21-2006, 07:44 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: C-1 Class course question.

Thanks for the clarification.
I like the idea of being able to choose which leg of the course to run, but it must be difficult for the score keepers to keep track of who completed what.