Stuart Hayim (Recovery) Article

Notices

Stuart Hayim (Recovery) Article

Old 11-16-2006, 10:19 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Stuart Hayim (Recovery) Article

Cancer Survivor Double-Matches Customers' Donations
Posted on : Thu, 16 Nov 2006 15:03:00 GMT | Author : Mercedes-Benz of Massapequa
News Category : PressRelease

AMITYVILLE, N.Y., Nov. 16 /PRNewswire/ -- A highly successful Long Island business leader is encouraging his customers to make donations to cancer research, not only reducing their purchase total by the amount of the contribution but also by double-matching their gifts. A cancer survivor himself, Stuart Hayim, 59, owner of Mercedes-Benz of Massapequa, has committed $50,000 to an end-of-year program by taking any contribution made by his customers and double-matching their gifts.

"This encourages new customers' contributions and then goes on to match those gifts 2 - 1. For example, if a customer chooses to donate $200, we'll take that amount and donate an additional $400. All proceeds from the two-month long event will be specifically earmarked for a cancer research project at the very same Long Island hospital where I was treated. Because I feel I have been blessed with a second life, this sentiment affects everything I do." said Hayim.

World Champion Powerboat Racer Donates Winning to Cancer Research

Hayim's efforts to support cancer research have permeated other aspects of his busy life. To celebrate his recovery from cancer, he began competing in offshore powerboat racing, naming his competition boats "Recovery" and donating 100% of his winnings to cancer research and treatment. Over a ten-year period, Hayim won a remarkable three U.S. Championships and four World Championships, donating several hundred thousand dollars and inspiring many others in the process.

"The racing team and I wound up touching a lot of people because of our story, and not really because of the racing, and that was just fine with me," said Hayim.

Mercedes-Benz of Massapequa

Mercedes-Benz of Massapequa is an authorized Mercedes-Benz dealership headquartered in a $20 million facility in Amityville, near central Long Island's south shore communities. With more than 120 employees, the dealership has been cited by Mercedes-Benz USA as the consummate example of a modern, state-of-the-art retail facility. Completed in 2005, the new complex includes an impressive service department with latest computerized diagnostic equipment and 41 lifts.

Hayim says, "Everything in our service department was set up to foster the highest-quality work, including air conditioning the entire shop -- a rarity in the automotive business. We keep a large fleet of nearly 100 Mercedes-Benz loaner cars on hand, and our large technician staff means little or no waiting for a service appointment, which is also unusual in our business."

A native of Great Neck, Long Island, Stuart Hayim ran a very successful import-export business before taking ownership of Mercedes-Benz of Massapequa. Hayim still holds several World Records in powerboat racing:

* Fastest Race Ever: Open Class -- 111.66 mph * Two Fastest Laps Ever: Open Class -- 114.27 and 113.6 * Circum Long Island -- 3 hours, 6 minutes * "Winningest Offshore Racer in the World" (1990 to 1995)
Attached Thumbnails Stuart Hayim (Recovery) Article-recovery.jpg   Stuart Hayim (Recovery) Article-recovery2.gif   Stuart Hayim (Recovery) Article-recovery3.gif  

Old 11-16-2006, 10:20 AM
Registered

Default Re: Stuart Hayim (Recovery) Article

more pics
Attached Images   
Old 11-16-2006, 10:54 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

thats some good stuff right there !!!
Old 11-16-2006, 10:57 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

He truly inspired alot of very sick people and some not so sick.He always did it first class and had one of the best set up and throttle men in the buisness,Joey Impressia.I often wonder if he will make one more attempt at racing before retiring forever.Class act all the way.
Old 07-01-2010, 03:19 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

you sound like a typical unhappy employee. Take note.. most of the members on here are successful business owners who get crapped on by bad employees every day. You're preaching to the wrong chior pal
Old 07-01-2010, 10:23 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DollaBill
you sound like a typical unhappy employee. Take note.. most of the members on here are successful business owners who get crapped on by bad employees every day. You're preaching to the wrong chior pal
That's not what I hear