Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > General Racing Discussion
How many offshore classes should be on TV ? >

How many offshore classes should be on TV ?

Notices

How many offshore classes should be on TV ?

Old 12-28-2006, 04:30 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: How many offshore classes should be on TV ?

Originally Posted by bidpro
Mr. Ugly Hat:

I think that close racing makes a difference, and maybe F-1 was providing that, but I can tell you, for absolute sure, people are not looking at that equipment in the Dry or Wet Pits, the interest is in the more or most exotic hardware.

Park a Ferrari next to a Yogo in your Grocery Store parking lot and see what garners attention.

I miss you Man

Reichman
Not for nothin but I pulled into a parking lot with my 65' Mustang Convertable, next to 3! yes I said 3 Ferrari's and let me tell you it was a sad day in Ferrari land, lol.
Old 12-28-2006, 04:30 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

2 classes only!!!! One big like Super cat lite that is a show stopper with 20 boats in it. And one smaller Vee class like SVL with 30 boats in it. The smaller SVL is as close to affordable as a safe race boat can be with lots of boats around it and has a more relateable function to the fan base. The SCL has the WOW factor for the larger sponsors. Both classes only work if you have large numbers of them racing together. We have to make the show more exciting all over the field and you need more boats per class to do that. I would think it would snowball if that could be done. If there were just 2 classes and people in the future built for them only, it would be outrages. Now you can triple the purse get sponsors and possably race for free. If you dont want to build for these classes its OK but make them the classes to shoot for as a racer. Its been said time and time agian its hard to follow and there arent enough boats in most classes. Heck Hagen could buy 10 SVL's and we could have 20 boats in that class. Get-R-Done
MD
Old 12-28-2006, 04:33 PM
Racer
Racer

Supervee lites?
Old 12-28-2006, 04:41 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

60 minute show........

45 minutes "Feature" class ( Cat or Vee)

15 minutes "secondary" class ( The one that didn't get 45 minutes)

All other classes use traditional, confusing format on another network....with another budget.

T2x
Old 12-29-2006, 05:47 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
2 classes only!!!! One big class like Super cat lite that is a show stopper with 20 boats in it.
And one smaller Vee class like SVL with 30 boats in it. The SCL has the WOW factor for the larger sponsors.

What if the two classes both ran 750 HP Supercat engines? We know they work well
in the current Supercat class, but would this be too much power in the smaller Vee's?

How much power was being used in these boats when it was A-class?
Many people consider the old A-class as one of their favorite classes, and I agree.

I realize that the Bravo couldn't handle this and that would be a major issue.
A SSM#5, SSM#6, Mercury NXT or Konrad ACE would be needed.
Old 12-29-2006, 07:52 AM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Its not how much power will it handell its the reliability factor that would build the class. SVL is the starter class for canopy boats for guys that love to race and are maxed out on there money. Its perfect for most P class guys to make the next move into. If it were just a little more afordable I am sure it would be the next biggest class! Its the snow ball thing again. More boats in a class draws more teams to the class beacause of more compatition.
MD
Old 12-29-2006, 08:33 AM
Registered

Two classes; one cat and one vee.

CAT 36-40 FT built to spec engines (combine SC & SCL).

VEE 36-40 FT built to spec engines, same as Cat specs.

The races should be held in open water...the ocean,the gulf or the great lakes.What makes offshore racing such an exciting motorsport is the constantly changing conditions.Imagine 15 or more boats in each class going at it in rough water!That would be something that would no doubt help build the fan base.Even a boat running by itself in rough water is exciting.Seeing the big offshore boats scream around a lake or a river is not exciting...that water is for hydroplanes and tunnel boats.Just an opinion.
Old 12-29-2006, 11:21 AM
VIP Member

By the time you get all those teams to chump up all that money to build all those boats, we could by NBC and have our own show. I vote for Randy to be the Host.
Old 12-29-2006, 04:13 PM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by louietherigger
Big cats and big vee's? We pull into the races with 2 canopied supervee's and the 1st thing people ask us is where is Poppa Dukes? Crowd pleasers come in all shapes and size's, the personalities of the racers also help big.

Amen ... and you know why? cuz race fans want to see racing. Race fans dont give a damn how much your rig cost or what size motor it has if all your doin is playing follow the leader. In the pits? Maybe they are cool to look at but that doesnt always translate onto the race course.

Smitty ... your a smart man and Im glad you said "most women" when referring to women nascar fans not knowing what car their favorite driver is in.. definitely not true for all of us

and Ive read several times where some are saying less classes ..... so ... will someone please educate me again, because I still dont get why there are seperate classes for V bottoms and cats ... one of the best races in Destin was On the Chip (v bottom) against Reliable (cat) ... gave me goose bumps when OTC caught and passed Reliable ... only to have Reliable pass them back Makes it pretty cool for the fan to be able to root for their favorite type of boat ...

Oh and Louie .... you know your a fan favorite ... who can resist that smile
Old 12-29-2006, 04:39 PM
Racer
Racer

Originally Posted by Racegirl3
Amen ... and you know why? cuz race fans want to see racing. Race fans dont give a damn how much your rig cost or what size motor it has if all your doin is playing follow the leader. In the pits? Maybe they are cool to look at but that doesnt always translate onto the race course.

Smitty ... your a smart man and Im glad you said "most women" when referring to women nascar fans not knowing what car their favorite driver is in.. definitely not true for all of us

and Ive read several times where some are saying less classes ..... so ... will someone please educate me again, because I still dont get why there are seperate classes for V bottoms and cats ... one of the best races in Destin was On the Chip (v bottom) against Reliable (cat) ... gave me goose bumps when OTC caught and passed Reliable ... only to have Reliable pass them back Makes it pretty cool for the fan to be able to root for their favorite type of boat ...

Oh and Louie .... you know your a fan favorite ... who can resist that smile
Sheesh! no one that I can think of, oh I know someone, the cop that weighed my crane the other day, I thought I had won him over till his scale exploded. Ain't like it was his, us tax payers own it really. And speaking of goose bumps, I got them too, when Wanted passed Wahoo in race 2 pushing us back into 1st place only to have Wahoo pass them again when they broke Oh and did you notice the people that are pushing for "2 classes only" have conveniently picked boats they already have, lol.
Happy New Year,
Louie

Quick Reply: How many offshore classes should be on TV ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.