Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > General Racing Discussion
Question regarding racing intercoms... >

Question regarding racing intercoms...

Notices

Question regarding racing intercoms...

Old 04-27-2007, 04:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question regarding racing intercoms...

We race a 26 foot Scarab in the P5 class and our class is limited to 72 mph top speed (as recorded by onboard GPS downloaded after race). Our last race, we had a large lead so I was holding my hands widely apart to let our throttleman know we had a large lead and back off just a little so there would be no chance of breaking out (exceeding 72 mph) and being DQ. After the race, I found out he thought I was saying there were 2 boats right behind us and that's why he was still right on the edge of the speed limit. The moral of the story is we need intercoms, we have raced for 10-12 years without them but have seen the light. We have a 3 person team so we need a 3-person setup for full helmets. Any suggestions/experience on what's out there and what kind of price? Thanks in advance.
Old 04-27-2007, 05:45 PM
Registered

Hey guys we sure have missed racing with you. now back the the intercoms, PM or e-mail me and I can hook you up with the man that does our radio work. He is very good, and stands behine his work. The system that we have now has been in the boat for years with NO problems. Before that we had we had problems everytime we turned around.
Old 04-27-2007, 08:19 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

We Have Tried Every Cheat Intercom System In The World, And After Purchasing One From Racing Communications With Vhf, I Will Say It Was Money Well Spent. If You Move To Another Boat Take The Intercom With You. Oh Yeah, Get The Private Channels Too
Mike Stancombe
Old 04-29-2007, 09:47 PM
Registered

HighPriority - Hey, is this Warren or Mack? Miss having you guys out there, where are you racing at now? Can you email me the info about your radio guy, I can't see other member's information, my email is [email protected] You guys ought to come to Key West in November for the Worlds, it'll be like old times. Thanks, good to talk to you.

Racersdad - Can you post the contact information for your radio guys or email it to me at the address above? Thanks!
Old 04-30-2007, 06:54 AM
Registered

Racing Communication all the way... Ask for Kraig.

http://www.racingcommunications.com/