Notices

P1 Naples

Old 05-26-2007, 05:46 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Doubly impressive as the Fountain/Ilmore combination was something of an unknown quantity. Guess it's not an unknown quantity now.
Old 05-26-2007, 07:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's awesome to see the same boat that I race here run well over there.
I guess Michael can't run from us.
Old 05-26-2007, 08:24 PM
Registered

Maybe Michael will quit P1 (cancleling the RI race) also next if you want to race I will be in Hollywood (SBI) and Jacksonville (OSS) and I don't think you can call P1, OSS, and SBI all cheaters or maybe the rich boy can???? I have never seen anyone cry so much if they don't win.
Love,
Brett
Old 05-26-2007, 08:30 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by BAD APPLE
I guess Michael can't run from us.
I don't see him runnin' from you Brett. He just would like more than 1 other boat to race against and it seems he has found the place to do just that. If or when they win something they would have worked hard for it and put some real meaning behind it.

He wasn't running from anyone when he wanted to race in Key West along with Donzi, Firewater and Rio Roses now was he?

We all know how that played out.

It's just too bad to see all those Fountains run from the OSS Super Vee Class once the Outerlimits came onto the circuit.

Congrats to King of Shaves.

Unfortunately there wasn't much pressure on them today when 2nd and 3rd place boats made a stop to assist and everyone else was a DNF. But a win is a win.

Tomorrow is another day.

Hopefully there will be no issues and they can all be racing to the end within seconds of each other.

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 05-26-2007, 09:16 PM
Registered

How much are they paying you Sharkey?
Old 05-26-2007, 09:40 PM
Registered

Hey Sharkey (seemed like a nice guy when I met you in St. Clair last year)I don't blame you they have alot of money and I would do whatever they said also if I were you but I'm not and can't be bought.
I just want them to race me here in the states because Fountain isn't running.
Old 05-26-2007, 09:57 PM
Registered

Sharkey was joe, nigel or michel in the boat this weekend???
Old 05-26-2007, 10:08 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Originally Posted by BAD APPLE
How much are they paying you Sharkey?
About the same as the Fountain boat "On The Chip", the Fountain boat Strictly Business, the Fountain boat Wazzup and Team Miccosukee in Destin 2006.

Basicly Brett, I usually try to call it how "I" see it.

I have not spoken to Joe, Mike or yourself since Destin.

So there is no need to insinuate they are asking me to post anything here for them.

Same goes for the other teams. When they have put on a great performance I applauded them as well. If I had photos of them in full flight, I have posted them too!

With having been a boat builder myself back in the day, I do appreciate everything a lot more on what goes into making the Outerlimits superior to the other manufacturer's quality.
They are bringing boat building of hi-performance powerboats to a whole new level. I always felt Skater was #1 with their laminations, but I feel that now that OL has even superceded them.
If I knew more about the Dragon, perhaps I would throw them into the mix with maybe Doug Wright with his cats.
Unfortunately I have limited resources on their products.

I just post "my" opinions. I don't expect everyone to agree with them nor should they have to...

Good luck selling your Vee and I hope to see you run in Super Cat Light.

I prefer to see a Championship won against at least a few other competitors.

Have safe racing whatever you choose to do...

Sharkey

Old 05-26-2007, 10:23 PM
Racer
Racer

Brett,
I can't keep quiet anymore, OL ran away from you and racing in this country. No matter what you say, these guys will find a reason to say OL was right and how sportman like the are and so on. At our drivers meetings, we are told if a boat goes over, give them room and DO NOT stop to assist because we can and will interfere with the rescue divers and safety boats, putting a few extra orange helmets in the water just confuses the rescuers. The sad part is that it's not just OL who is ducking out, where is Donzi, Cig, Skater, Phantom and all the other guys this year? The BS of how great it is over sea's is making me wretch, it's great that we have boats competing over there to help with sales for the manufacturers, but what I still can't figure is how it is finacially smart to lose the American buyers. For all that Fountain has done for the offshore arena, he is still destined to be the bad guy or should I say the King of the hill, that all the others want to topple. Brett your boat looks and runs great, keep the faith, things will come around. And maybe you can race a few OPA races with us this year? As far as Sharkey, he's not a bad guy. He just has a big HO for Fountain lol and an unbridled love for OL.
Someday I will find out why. We are heading to Algonac this week, to kick the snot out of a cat that lives there.
Be Well, Louie

PS We never gave Sharkey a dime ( though he does have some incriminating pictures of me)

Last edited by louietherigger; 05-26-2007 at 10:27 PM. Reason: needed more comedy
Old 05-26-2007, 11:31 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Originally Posted by louietherigger
The sad part is that it's not just OL who is ducking out, where is Donzi, Cig, Skater, Phantom and all the other guys this year?
Louie,
When you say, "all the other guys" I assume you mean where are the five (5) other Fountains this year...?
#76 Pier 57, #37 Pier 57, Muscle, Wazzup, and Black Pearl.

So do I safely assume you are saying that 5 other Fountains ran away from Miccosukee as well ?

If you were to get them all back to racing here in the US, I'm sure that you would see Outerlimits race in the US again.

Hell, I have even heard Bad Boys stopped their new Super Vee boat campaign.

So what is the answer?

Apparently if people don't like what they see is happening in the US and they can find what they want elsewhere, you can't blame them for going elsewhere. (Isn't that how OPA was created ?)

Outerlimits will be able to have it all now. They will be able to see how they compare to the Donzis, Skaters, Metamarine, Fabio Buzzi Design, Fountain and Cigarette. Currently a total of 10 boats in the Evolution Class and growing.

So they have the competition from several countries, big seas, a good organization from what I have seen so far, a huge fan base and Worldwide Television . All of this with about 20 boats and 2 classes. Go figure?

Quote from P1 website:
"The 2007 UIM Powerboat P1 World Championship will have arguably the most extensive television coverage in the history of performance boat racing, reaching across four continents and a potential audience of more than 100 million viewers.

Through a balanced mix of terrestrial, satellite and cable television, Powerboat P1 action will be broadcast throughout Europe and into countries as diverse as Brazil, Canada, India, Russia and South Africa as the appeal of this exciting and glamorous motorsport championship continues to gather momentum."

Last edited by SHARKEY-IMAGES; 05-26-2007 at 11:56 PM.

Quick Reply: P1 Naples

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.