Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well done Craig and James!
Old 05-28-2007, 08:13 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wcmarine
P1 racing is really a fantastic series, they are very professional and cant thank them enough for their hospitality!
The Foutain Worldwide boat is unbelievable! It is by far the best boat I've throttled!
The first race started with us and the donzi battling for the lead, we got by half way through lap one and had a 20 second lead before he went over! Wettpunkt and OL stopped for look buy by the time we came round and saw the boat over the drivers were out and already going to shore. We had a 1min 50sec lead. We slowed down until the lead was back to 18 seconds and got back to racing pace!!
Second race. The start was crazy with 10 Evo boats heading to one little turn buoy!! OL were slower than us, Wettpunkt and Kiton and got squeezed out ( Mike even admitted after race that he back out of it and wasnt prepared to rub paint!)
We got to turn one first and never looked back pulling out 30 sec lead !
P1 competition is tough and although most names arent familiar to most, they are highly ranked in Europe!
At least 8 of 10 have a boat that can win!
As for the flat water comment!!....With at least 15 Cruise and tour ships leaving the port every 60 mins, the swells out there were large. Check out the picture on Team profiles under Fountain Worldwide, we are 6 feet out of the water!!!!
OL had a weight penalty because they were under the power to weight ratio. Rules are rules!!! no penalty!
We won fair and square! Let us enjoy it without bashing!!!
Craig.
Congratulations Craig and James, and to all the teams who raced. It's a Shame about the bashing, hopefully it will stop, but don't sweat it, 99% of the comments aren't from racers. You guys had a great day and ran like the wind. Good Luck, Louie
Old 05-28-2007, 11:03 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Craig.
As I have congratulated you guys already in both posts 14 & 26 of this thread, congrats again!
Thank you for the first hand information from the event.
It is what we all need to hear.
It's also nice to see the rules are being enforced.
I wasn't sure why suddenly weight was being added to the OL. Here in the States OSS added 750 pounds to a Skater Vee due to it's hull's performance. It was running away from the pack. I wasn't sure if that may have been a similar situation in P1 after OL won the speed run in Malta.
It is also unclear who is doing any bashing?
Besides a few BA comments which none was taken to heart, I thought this thread was doing pretty well staying with what facts were known.
Good luck at the next race.
This is what many us all have been waiting for.
Hopefully OL will stop taking it so easy on the starts so as to not get sandwiched in like this again.
Attached Thumbnails P1 Naples-6w.jpg  

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 05-28-2007, 11:11 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Question

Originally Posted by louietherigger
Shame about the bashing, hopefully it will stop, but don't sweat it, 99% of the comments aren't from racers. Louie
Louie,

What bashing are you referring to?

This thread seemed civil and kept to the facts.

Would you like the "non-racers" (fans) to stop posting here?

Old 05-29-2007, 03:53 AM
Registered

They are really enforcing the rules in P1 which is great!
OL had to add weight strictly because of power to weight ratio.
The race course was very similar to the old sarasota, but in an 8 mile version!! So much fun!
The TV show will be on in UK on thursday and should be shortly after on speed channel. I was told the two starts are absolutely fantastic to watch!!
I agree OL should stay in it at the start, but when you have the Buzzi condo and the big Italian boats 2 foot of your side and the only way to see the driver is look through the canopy top, it gets a bit scary!!!!!

Craig
Old 05-29-2007, 08:59 AM
Racer
Racer

Originally Posted by sharkeymarine
Louie,

What bashing are you referring to?

This thread seemed civil and kept to the facts.

Would you like the "non-racers" (fans) to stop posting here?
Hey Tim,
Read every post put up by an some Outerlimits fans, they all have a plethera of negative comments towards Fountain and the disease is seeping oversea's, unfortunatly for those of us that race Fountain Powerboats, we become the targets of this envy or whatever you want to call it. I know what Craig means, they go out and runs there butts off, just to read how OL was put at a disadvantage, or how the Fountain was cheating or there only fast in calm water, Tim you took the pictures in Ocean City, we run 525's and we cooked a Cig with big blower motors and 6's, Algonac we have to race a couple of cats who we know are real fast in the flat ( having taken them to school in rough stuff ) we deal with it, no griping, we race hard and deal with it. Your comments? I don't consider them bashing, but read them again to yourself and see if they are a little inflamatory. I know you well enough to know your a good guy who loves the sport, and though we are not always in agreement on things, when your right, like the Scream and Fly thing, I was on that guy like a bum on a boloney sandwich. One OL cohort has a kid pissing on the Fountain Emblem for his Icon, The other ahole in Fla. can't wait to ramble on with negative BS. I guess maybe thats the bashing Craig was speaking of? Or could it be your comments laced with congratulations to soften the blows? Ask Craig, I just told him not to let it get to him, and what a great job they did. Louie

PS. No Fans posting? No way, I can mix it up with the best of them, and have no problem with the smack talk and ribbing as long as those who dish it out, can take my onslaught. Fans keep us going! We need them. Non-Racers also includes racers who don't race anymore and that crew seems to be the most venomous, when they could be the most helpful.

Last edited by louietherigger; 05-29-2007 at 09:08 AM.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:44 AM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,630 Likes on 3,769 Posts

As with all there are agendas, loyality, and spite! and lets not forget the biggest of all EGOS!!! this is what has hampered the sport! Money while important, isnt a issue!
Old 05-29-2007, 12:47 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

P1 racing is really a fantastic series, they are very professional and cant thank them enough for their hospitality!
The Foutain Worldwide boat is unbelievable! It is by far the best boat I've throttled!
The first race started with us and the donzi battling for the lead, we got by half way through lap one and had a 20 second lead before he went over! Wettpunkt and OL stopped for look buy by the time we came round and saw the boat over the drivers were out and already going to shore. We had a 1min 50sec lead. We slowed down until the lead was back to 18 seconds and got back to racing pace!!
Second race. The start was crazy with 10 Evo boats heading to one little turn buoy!! OL were slower than us, Wettpunkt and Kiton and got squeezed out ( Mike even admitted after race that he back out of it and wasnt prepared to rub paint!)
We got to turn one first and never looked back pulling out 30 sec lead !
P1 competition is tough and although most names arent familiar to most, they are highly ranked in Europe!
At least 8 of 10 have a boat that can win!
As for the flat water comment!!....With at least 15 Cruise and tour ships leaving the port every 60 mins, the swells out there were large. Check out the picture on Team profiles under Fountain Worldwide, we are 6 feet out of the water!!!!
OL had a weight penalty because they were under the power to weight ratio. Rules are rules!!! no penalty!
Craig.
Craig, let me ask you something.... are my figures correct? your before the race weight 4560 kg...after the race 4500 kg?
Old 05-29-2007, 12:50 PM
Registered

Great job Fountain. We appreciate your efforts
Old 05-29-2007, 03:30 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Louie,
Is this the positive comments you're talking about?
I haven't heard anything about the Rhode Island race being cancelled, have you?
What was this post supposed to mean?
I even asked Brett if he heard anything 1st hand from the OL team calling them cheaters at the 1st race. If I recall correctly he said no. (Must have been a rumor running through the pits.)

Originally Posted by BAD APPLE
Maybe Michael will quit P1 (cancleling the RI race) also next if you want to race I will be in Hollywood (SBI) and Jacksonville (OSS) and I don't think you can call P1, OSS, and SBI all cheaters or maybe the rich boy can???? I have never seen anyone cry so much if they don't win.
Love,
Brett
I just read this morning that P1 is " threatening to use Dynos going forward as some of the boats are "apparently" not the hp they claim to be."
I hope they do. It's one way of making sure everyone is following the rules.

One thing is for sure, we all have some more great offshore racing to follow now...

Hopefully some how the Super Vee Class will make a comeback in the US. For now I am content watching you Class 2 guys getting air in Ocean City.

Quick Reply: P1 Naples

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.