Ok maybe a different way........ >

Ok maybe a different way........

Notices

Ok maybe a different way........

Old 10-20-2007, 10:54 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe run a “F1” exhibition race at St. Clair (or any other venue) next year? Ask if some of the P5 Teams that currently run 500/525hp would like to go mix it up for 5 laps maybe that would help spark some interest.

Just a thought..
Old 10-20-2007, 07:24 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Post#1 40 plus boats in the line up only 10 years ago. I dont think there is more than maybe 2 teams that are racing today. AS most of you know F1 and F2 was the best racing in the early 2000 years. I dont think there has ever been a class from the past that has come back years later. If you truly love spec racing then why not race in SVL where at least it is much safer? The cost is about the same as a full blown F1 boat. There are so few original F1 boats that could race that still have the same set up. It would be like building a whole new fleet from scratch. And if you could it would only pull teams from existing class's. In conclusion if you want spec racing there is SVL waiting, or run OPA with run what you brung style.
MD
Old 10-20-2007, 09:18 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
Post#1 40 plus boats in the line up only 10 years ago. I dont think there is more than maybe 2 teams that are racing today. AS most of you know F1 and F2 was the best racing in the early 2000 years. I dont think there has ever been a class from the past that has come back years later. If you truly love spec racing then why not race in SVL where at least it is much safer? The cost is about the same as a full blown F1 boat. There are so few original F1 boats that could race that still have the same set up. It would be like building a whole new fleet from scratch. And if you could it would only pull teams from existing class's. In conclusion if you want spec racing there is SVL waiting, or run OPA with run what you brung style.
MD
I'm still on the plan to race on Sunday and pleasure boat the rest of the week. I've raced SVL and it was fun but I want a boat that I can use for fun , cocktail cove , blast down the lake , etc. Different strokes for different folks.
Old 10-21-2007, 08:32 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by THEJOKER
I'm still on the plan to race on Sunday and pleasure boat the rest of the week. I've raced SVL and it was fun but I want a boat that I can use for fun , cocktail cove , blast down the lake , etc. Different strokes for different folks.
according to the news , you guys aint gonna have a lake soon. Might as well build the race boat
Old 10-21-2007, 09:17 AM
Racer
Racer

Originally Posted by BRUCE SEROFF
according to the news , you guys aint gonna have a lake soon. Might as well build the race boat
Globle warming and flooding my a$$$$$ -
Old 10-21-2007, 09:24 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've seen Lake Lanier low before , it will return to normal trust me. It has the mighty Chattahoochee River driving it.
Old 10-21-2007, 09:33 PM
Registered

All we need is Tropical Storm straight down Paechtree.....I have seen it another 2 feet lower.....it always comes back...
Old 10-22-2007, 01:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MANITIE
Not to shed glume on P1 in Europe...but OPA's Class 4, 5 and 6 have better boat counts then they do.....
Plus your starting to see if your not in a newer Fountain or Outerlimites, your old boat is going to be running in the back of the pack....

The biggest Classes this year in the World have been in OPA.
Some of the closes racing this year has been in OPA...

Even in spec racing....if you don't keep up with the latest and best equipment...you will be left behind....

What Org today has boats that are 1 to 2 years old competing against 10,15 or even 20 year old boats and still running deck to deck....

A good example of that is the Bounty Hunter boat.....if its flat you will see the longest faces on them guys.....if its rough...you swear them guys were 10 years old at X-mas time....

Leave it to the people running the Org. to keep racing fair....
We all have the opertunity to talk to Smitty on any issue along with J.C and Ron P.
Manitie,

I Agree, OPA has had a tremendouse turnout for the races. The fans always get a great show, and the comrodery within the racer's is unbelieveable. We do have some of the largest classes in offshore racing especially in class 4 lol. Everyone involved in OPA do an outstanding job with the organization, as it shows by the turnout of racers to the events. I also agree with a smile on my face with what you said about seeing the longest faces on us when its flat, and Being ten years younger when its rough. We do not get too upset when its flat, though, Because with OPA's Rules, there is a shot in the dark that people will break out in speed and we will place higher. Our Major disadvatage is that our Boat is a 28 Year old boat which weighs 12,500lb's That is alot of boat to get up and running in our class at 85 mph. We are also running with alot of Horsepower, and are still having a hard time getting it to that point. If there were sealed or cu in Rules we would park our boat back in the weeds and quit racing all together, it just wouldnt be worth it. When it's rough, we do have an advatage with the heavy boat, because it rides like a cadillac, and my father has the Open Ocean Racing Experience to get us around the course. I've said this before on other threads, but will say it again. OPA makes it worth while to race. What I mean by that is.... If you have a boat, OPA gives you an affordable way to race. This enables new blood to enter our sport, and keeps everyone on thier toes. I am honored to race in OPA and am very grateful to be part of this organization. I have never gone into a race feeling as though we dont stand a chance, if I felt that way, I wouldn't have even bothered taking the boat off the trailer. Racing with GPS, is like the Lotto, "Hey you Never Know" lol. Now All I need is to Land a sponsorship that will Write a large Check, so we can do what needs to be done to send the Bounty Hunter into the winners circle on Flat water Courses.

Jr.
Bounty Hunter Offshore Racing 4-51