Serious Safety Question? >

Serious Safety Question?

Notices

Serious Safety Question?

Old 08-28-2008, 08:08 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,736 Likes on 3,794 Posts

Would it still not be better to come through the tunnel hatch whether its bent tweaked what ever, seems this would be better than underneath, I understand with a VEE.

By the way how did crashing make you shorter, everyone told me you were just vertically challenged!

Last edited by Pete B; 08-28-2008 at 08:13 PM.
Old 08-28-2008, 08:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have the Nascar seats and we will be wearing the Hans in Point Pleasant
Old 08-28-2008, 09:25 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

If one goes back and looks at all recent wrecks, spinouts, and ejections, the common denominator is they happen in the turns.
Last year (in a turn) the Joker crew was ejected and were barely missed by Outrageous. The Joker crew were not seriously hurt. This year, Papa Dukes ejected it's crew in a turn, luckily no serious injuries. During the same race, another boat barrel rolled in a turn. I'm sure I could come up with more examples if I thought about it for a couple of minutes.
Perhaps simpley widening of the turns would make the course safer-and it would NOT COST ANYTHING. Most race sites could easily accomodate wider turns. What do you think??
Old 08-28-2008, 09:42 PM
Registered

Top 2 in my neck are crushed. Having a boat run over you head may do that. They would like to do my jaw, neck, nose, and teeth all at once. Yeah I'll get right on that.

Which ever one will let us out. If either is under water is will not open till the pressure equalizes.

Scott, does your hanns engauge running in rough water? They adjustable? I'm not sure if ours are set up correctly? We have questioned some of the numbers. How does it feel to have you head knocking against those seats in rough water?
Old 08-28-2008, 09:49 PM
Registered

turns are as wide as the ocean in some cases...and most racers are going to leave a foot!

crash'n is definatly not limited to the turns...seen(been in) crazy stuff happen go'n streight!

Last edited by audacity; 08-28-2008 at 09:53 PM. Reason: hard to type on an iphone
Old 08-28-2008, 10:31 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm not saying crashes are limited to turns. However, most accidents happen in the turns!
Although the Hanns device works well in Nascar where one can use a mirror, the Hanns device also has it's faults, one can't "turn your head around" to see if a lane is clear. This can cause other saftey issues....

Last edited by Fast Shafts; 08-28-2008 at 10:39 PM.
Old 08-28-2008, 10:39 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fast Shafts
I'm not saying crashes are limited to turns. However, more accidents happen in turns! In addition to Aero, Wazzup and Muscle also had a close call in a turn last weekend. It's not rocket science, if you widen the turns, you might not need your Hanns device.....
Whether or not the turns are widen won't change the need to advance safety.
I think the Hanns is a great idea for boats especially those high powered ones. I am curious to see what advances you guys will make.
Old 08-28-2008, 10:49 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,736 Likes on 3,794 Posts

[QUOTE]one can't "turn your head around/QUOTE]

In a canopy boat there really isnt a need to turn around, But at speed approaching 180 MPH, there certainly need to be more safe guards in place for crew.
Old 08-28-2008, 10:59 PM
Registered

our team has a full time person looking at 3 computer screens looking at our data aqusition system in real time. as well as our camers that will have live feed to shore..something we are calling live 360...the fan will be able to watch too, live from his/her computer. we want the fans in our pits watching the race from one of the many flat screens.
Old 08-28-2008, 11:01 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Joe, I had read up on them in 04. I recall being able to adjust free movement in the device. I can't image you would want your head locked down. Just limit the extremes of movement.

Quick Reply: Serious Safety Question?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.