Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > General Racing Discussion
Fujitsu Fury and the Great Race 2009 >

Fujitsu Fury and the Great Race 2009

Notices

Fujitsu Fury and the Great Race 2009

Old 10-23-2009, 03:46 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Im fine if we start together...did it last year..sorry your shocked wont be the last...should of been in Destin in o6...

we can figure it out,told fury to bring info..restrictors are the way to go..gotta boat to get ready see u all in Kw.

Last edited by byrideroffshore; 10-23-2009 at 03:54 AM.
Old 10-23-2009, 04:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unfortunately therein lies the root of the problem, some just can't put the past behind and move forward, .....don't know how anything can be built with that attitude, but it exists on both sides of this issue...oh well! I am done too.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:24 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by byrideroffshore
Hey Guy, I invited you to bring it to the table..I started my dance in 2003. Your 850 deal wrecked a class and a org. The only place u race is OSS. THat 2 to 1 s%$# is for the birds. So since u satrted that crap. Its quite simple. Im done. I 'm running the 750 SUPERBOAT in KEY WEST. YOUR 850 isnt in my class. Have fun running CRC. I'm working with Curtis to help the SUPERCAT class. I talked to efuison, Reliable and thought Vinny and BigBoy were on the same page.I have not talked to warpaint. If you want ask them to join your 850 class with the 750 motors i dont care. I tried to be nice and accomodating. Everytime i went to Key west i had a great time( even on my lid in 04). Im done. Join a class and race . Oh yea yours is gone sorry about your luck.

This thread is going nowhere like your 850 class.

Skaterdave..your 100 percent correct. I dont know how many times you have to say it, to get it through that thick DW hull.

Bigboy JC will start us together, thats fine..Just want Qatar to agree too.

LOSTINBOSTN your on track thats probably how it will work. Make the hulls the same. and work with engines..It may work it may not. Its a first time run. The more the same we have the better....We still want to work on the SUPERCAT class for the states no mater what...

Ryan bring your tech stuff for the 850s okay???? I'm sure Mercury will help you ..

come on man..lets find a solution. Bikering isnt goint to get you guys anywhere. Guy built his boat originally with 525's then moved up.

Now wouldnt you agree that the supercat class should be in line with class I etc or no? If not, is this because in your opinion there is no way to tech it? How do you guys solve this? You cant claim a world title if its only a US class. In my opinion, i would want to know i won in a class that is recognized worldwide.

Unfortunately having one less boat in a class makes a huge difference to the fans(like me). Also, with several cat classes it becomes confusing amongst fans,sponsors etc. If you can get the rules to somehow involve CRC, Fury, etc, you will have another 3 boats or more in your class. Guess what! You are back at around 10 boats per race.

Anyway, thanks to all of you who are going to KW to put on a show. Us fans appreciate it. Hopefully you all can sit down to discuss and move forward.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:40 AM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im fine if we start together...did it last year..sorry your shocked wont be the last...should of been in Destin in o6...
I was there. I hear what you are saying but ...... the 850 guys didn't tech your boat.

I guess I was thinkin that if you have a class/series with rules that you set that would allow both 750 and 850s in .... that that would make it all that much better when you kick ... um .... I mean ..... win

Tony, you are a great guy ... you have a lot of heart. You guys have a good opportunity to find away to make the Supercat class even better. I just hope you dont pass it up ..... See you in Key West
Old 10-23-2009, 11:52 AM
www.weismann.net
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tony,

Just go to the class 1 rules for next year make it easy on yourself. Move back to the twin carb to equal things up to the blowers.

As for this year go down there and have fun, stay safe, win the worlds and get ready for next year....we have your new stuff ready.

pat W

p.s. With data you can check accelleration and use it to judge if a team is cheating.

If they are cheating they should be tarred and feathered like the old days.
Old 10-23-2009, 03:10 PM
Registered

Tony 2008 was my first year racing I don't know and really don't care about the nonsense that went on between you guys oss sbi or whatever, I certainly was not around, but trust that you wweertyuioasdfghc jklzxcvbn mdon't make the same mistakes that were made in the past. I am not for an 850 class at the expense of anything else, never was, but I see the present situation a perfect opportunity to at least combine 850/750 spec engines into one class governed by rules that we should come up with and agree to, I also agree with shifter (and others) that ideally we should really alighn with C1 rules maybe for 2011 but thats another story.

Orgs like C1 and P1 already have the rules that we need to use to make this happen so lets move on..
Old 10-23-2009, 03:16 PM
Registered

we can figure it out,told fury to bring info..restrictors are the way to go..gotta boat to get ready see u all in Kw.
im shocked as well you told me it would be great to run the 850 straight up now you dont want to . from somebody that has raced both classes now is the time to race them together 3 races combined points key west is the place man up put the past behind you.they are both great classes filled with great boats lets put this to bed already
Old 10-24-2009, 02:53 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by JEM Motorsports
im shocked as well you told me it would be great to run the 850 straight up now you dont want to . from somebody that has raced both classes now is the time to race them together 3 races combined points key west is the place man up put the past behind you.they are both great classes filled with great boats lets put this to bed already
Hey Jay Did you call me great !!! I'm so excited

ps Better not let Billy hear you say that. LOL
Old 10-24-2009, 06:04 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

sorry Jay , i think my direction will work. SUPERCATRACING.com worked great. Wait till next year for that whole deal, it will be killer. Rest a sure if there is serious commitment from CRC, or Fury it may change everything, but some idiot standing there with a fax saying they will race ...dont cut it.Jay who knows if SHIFTER keeps tempting me with his hardware, we might be side by side at a start someday...

Guy dont cry....just trying to help straighten a mess out...you just got caught in the wrong one...you should care, you invested alot of money to do this.like many..just to have idiots ruin it...Dont u run a business???

Last edited by byrideroffshore; 10-24-2009 at 06:08 AM.
Old 10-27-2009, 10:13 PM
Registered

HELLOOOO DAIR , Big Boy in response to what you thought was a compliment ...I am sure that Jay was refering to me 2009 NATIONAL CHAMPION US 1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.