Notices

JBS racing update

Old 02-09-2010, 10:09 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AB From Windsor
Offshore Powerboat Racing doesn't need less boats, it needs more boats. JBS Racing is a show in it's self for the fans at any race, who really have no idea about the politics of Offshore Powerboat Racing. Fans just want to see great racing with lots of boats and boats like JBS , Aqua-Mania and Miss Geico who are definitely the fan favorite's anywhere they race. If you remember last year, fans were upset not to see Miss Geico , Reliable Carriers at the 100th Running of the Gold Cup and the St. Clair River Classic. I don't want to get into everything that was said last year in 2009 but lets look ahead at 2010 and beyond with all the good things that are happening with TV coverage and the great racing by all the org.s and JBS Racing should definitely be part of it. Right or wrong we all make mistakes and shouldn't dwell on it but we should learn from it and move forward.
Hence my statement; "The More The Better"
Old 02-09-2010, 07:22 PM
wot

I'll run the old JBS rig underwater w/no motors and win.
Great stuff, keep up the effort!
Old 02-10-2010, 11:55 AM
Registered

Jeff,

The invitation has always been open for St. Clair. I would hope that you and your team will be able to make it out this year as portions of your team have "local ties". That being said I would assume that you would probably want to start getting sponsorship lined up for the Michigan races.

Again we would hope to see you there. Please let me know mid May or Early June as real estate for St. Clair is going to be tight this year - Lots of new toys for the boys in addition to their boats.

Respectfully
Brian Kowalski
Dry Pit Coordinator
BWORA
Old 02-12-2010, 08:00 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Jeff, you got any updates on your new boat?

Thanks
Old 02-12-2010, 10:37 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jeff,
Be great seeing you and Aqua Mania running side by side again,you guys always put on a hell of a show.
Old 02-14-2010, 12:14 AM
Registered

Is this the same team that ran Miami last year ? I saw the race from the beach and saw them delaminating in the fifth lap, and they continued racing. If they had a crew chief and crew members with radios telling them to stop, they could have saved the boat.

Last edited by MUGSHOT; 02-15-2010 at 12:00 PM.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:32 AM
JBS
Registered

Default here we go again

Mugshot-just a few things.We had delaminating issues a long time before the miami race and to quote John Cosker "its purely a cosmetic problem and were never in any danger."
So (again) when we were racing in Miami we did have multible people giving us reports on the damage as we were racing (from my crew chief and other team members) and also had John Cosker on the phone as we were racing.
That boat was the only mystic built without the diagonal crossmembers and was an unfortunate incident which Mystic stood behind.The incident was almost a year ago and has been resolved.
Please do a little research and have your facts straight before posting.

Last edited by JBS; 02-17-2010 at 11:55 AM. Reason: you know why
Old 02-18-2010, 10:06 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by JBS
Mugshot-just a few things.We had delaminating issues a long time before the miami race and to quote John Cosker "its purely a cosmetic problem and were never in any danger."
So (again) when we were racing in Miami we did have multible people giving us reports on the damage as we were racing (from my crew chief and other team members) and also had John Cosker on the phone as we were racing.
That boat was the only mystic built without the diagonal crossmembers and was an unfortunate incident which Mystic stood behind.The incident was almost a year ago and has been resolved.
Please do a little research and have your facts straight before posting.

I recently became a member on this forum JBS.... I do not need to reseach anything, I was there at the race and your passion for racing took the best of you that day. You are lucky to be able to be alive... I read some of your threads already, you are one cocky sob. Good luck in your racing frenzy you have made a lot of friends along the way...
Old 02-18-2010, 10:24 AM
Registered

I recently became a member on this forum JBS.... I do not need to reseach anything, I was there at the race and your passion for racing took the best of you that day. You are lucky to be able to be alive... I read some of your threads already, you are one cocky sob. Good luck in your racing frenzy you have made a lot of friends along the way...
I have had a few long talks with Jeff on the subject of his posts previously on OSO. He has apologized for them and is moving foward. His passion for our sport is undeniable and the team and equipment he puts out there is second to none. Jeffs passion sometimes gets the best of him and he posts whatever he thinks at times but I think he is done with that. When you put forth the financial commitment, time, energy and sacrifice he does, its tough to sit quiet while someone not walking in his shoes questions there reasoning behind there actions. . Like it or not JBS is good for the sport of offshore racing and has been around for a long time and will still be around for a long time to come.
I can tell you that his first impressions on here did not do him any good, but he is a different guy when you get to know him. He is a fierce competitor on the course, and a charitable nice family guy off the course. I think he deserves a second chance from all the haters and I look foward to many battles with him on the course and not the computer

Thank You,

Scotty B

Miss GEICO
Old 02-18-2010, 12:37 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by ScottB
I have had a few long talks with Jeff on the subject of his posts previously on OSO. He has apologized for them and is moving foward. His passion for our sport is undeniable and the team and equipment he puts out there is second to none. Jeffs passion sometimes gets the best of him and he posts whatever he thinks at times but I think he is done with that. When you put forth the financial commitment, time, energy and sacrifice he does, its tough to sit quiet while someone not walking in his shoes questions there reasoning behind there actions. . Like it or not JBS is good for the sport of offshore racing and has been around for a long time and will still be around for a long time to come.
I can tell you that his first impressions on here did not do him any good, but he is a different guy when you get to know him. He is a fierce competitor on the course, and a charitable nice family guy off the course. I think he deserves a second chance from all the haters and I look foward to many battles with him on the course and not the computer

Thank You,

Scotty B

Miss GEICO

Scotty!

That was very well said and really summed it up, we all say things sometimes in a moment of anger or enthusiasm that we wish we could take back sometimes but that is life and when someone like you can forget and move forward, then I can't see why other's can't. I'm really look forward to seeing Miss Geico, JBS Racing and Aqua-Mania racing together this summer. If there is any way possible that JBS Racing and Aqua-Mania can make it to the St. Clair River Classic this year, it will make a lot of offshore race fans, very happy to say the least. So Aqua-Mania and JBS Racing please try to make it to the St. Clair River Classic this summer, for the fans and the sport, it is long over due.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.