* * * * Ocean Racing Tour on VERSUS * * * * >

* * * * Ocean Racing Tour on VERSUS * * * *

Notices

* * * * Ocean Racing Tour on VERSUS * * * *

Old 12-21-2010, 10:12 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Randy i guess either rick or myself are the rocket sciencetist that you are talking about . But before you make crappie comments you should make sure were his post was addresed to or at.
It wasent svl and my post was just laughing at what dean did all in fun dont take it so serious .
Hell if we thought svl was that bad we wouldent be looking at that class to race in .
But if you have problem with me or rick just give me a call.
Also not a jab but most races would have 35 boats even without svl .
But svl is good to have because its a good amount of boats and close racing great for fans to watch and most people in the class are good people.
But even you have to admit the class as a hole has a few problems to work out .
sorry for getting so far off topic . Gary

Last edited by gary cook; 12-21-2010 at 10:32 PM.
Old 12-22-2010, 07:52 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

The video, www.vimeo.com/16159531 of the SVL racing at the OPA Offshore Powerboat World Championship from Orange Beach was just awesome to watch and it really showed just how close the racing is. Hope you continue to race with OPA as you SVL guys are a great addition.
Old 12-22-2010, 09:00 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
Can you guys make it any more clear that you DONT want SVL to race with OPA any more. Ill pass the word to the rest of the teams Dean. We are to much trouble,cost and we have no right to share in one out of five TV shows with a 5 minute spot where our boats showed some passing for the first time in 5 shows. Another rocket scientist who raced 2 races all year and now wants to say the SVL teams dont belong after racing with a average of 5 boats in 4 of your events. OPA has 30 boats in Orange Beach of which 15% of the fleet were SVL's. See how well you do with 26 boats next year!
MD
Dog, all bull $hit aside, you of all people should know and remember 13 boats racing in OPA! What has happened to OPA with the boat counts over the years growing each year is a freak thing that we never dreamed of, BUT, it may go down to 26 boats and it may go up, either way we will be fine and have fun like we always have. To me, that's one of the things that has been lost...The Fun Part. "It's All Good" at OPA/THE JERSEY BOYZ, you all have a choice to come and race or not, so get the hate outta your hearts and try and have a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays with your Families.
Old 12-22-2010, 09:58 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
Can you guys make it any more clear that you DONT want SVL to race with OPA any more. Ill pass the word to the rest of the teams Dean. We are to much trouble,cost and we have no right to share in one out of five TV shows with a 5 minute spot where our boats showed some passing for the first time in 5 shows. Another rocket scientist who raced 2 races all year and now wants to say the SVL teams dont belong after racing with a average of 5 boats in 4 of your events. OPA has 30 boats in Orange Beach of which 15% of the fleet were SVL's. See how well you do with 26 boats next year!
MD
Randy, Randy, Randy... relax and understand that was not directed totally at SVL. I feel many OPA teams that have raced and supported the OPA over the years were over looked..

and why would any organization turn away the SVL class. Look at what you bring to the table

- Close racing
- Cool looking boats
- Affordable spec racing for teams looking to join the fun.
- Online wars with epic battles and great back stabbing fights.
- Trophy presentations that almost lead into fist fights.
- Teams trying to throw trophy's into the water after receiving them.
- Acting like true adults while cursing in from of young children.
- blaming race Organizations for your classes problems.

Why would anyone not want to be associated with that.
And please remember these are my opinions and worth about as much as the paper.. eerr, I mean screen they are typed on.

Have a great Christmas and a better new year.

Rick K
Old 12-22-2010, 10:07 AM
Racer
Racer

I see a video on the horizon..........
Old 12-22-2010, 10:15 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

fellas, come on! I sit here and read all of this back and forth etc. We all know that its not productive to the success of the sport. Potential sponsors go online and see all this and you know in the back of their mind they are say: "Why would I want to be linked to such a group of teams that have so many issues, they can't even talk to each other" From a marketing perspective this type of negativity does not need to be posted. It only draws the sport further away from bigger success.

I know teams have issues with teams, teams have issues with orgs and some teams just have issues in general, but the focus of these threads should be to positivly promote the sport we all love. Its simply a matter of handling dirty laundry behind the scenes and letting the "online world" work for us not against us.

As a person who wants to see things move in a more positive light and progress twards national coverage, please try to air differences offline, via email/PM, or old fashioned phone call. Remember NASCAR started on a beach with a bunch of Rum Runners and evolved into the monster it is today. It was done with positive and constructive critism and developement.

I thank all of you for what you do for the sport. I know that deep down inside no matter what is said, all teams/individuals want to see things progress but we have to take this first step towards sport promotion.

Have a Merry Christmas and Blessed New Year.

Regards,
Brian

Last edited by bk1425; 12-22-2010 at 10:20 AM.
Old 12-22-2010, 10:23 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by bk1425
fellas, come on! I sit here and read all of this back and forth etc. We all know that its not productive to the success of the sport. Potential sponsors go online and see all this and you know in the back of their mind they are say: "Why would I want to be linked to such a group of teams that have so many issues, they can't even talk to each other" From a marketing perspective this type of negativity does not need to be posted. It only draws the sport further away from bigger success.

I know teams have issues with teams, teams have issues with orgs and some teams just have issues in general, but the focus of these threads should be to positivly promote the sport we all love. Its simply a matter of handling dirty laundry behind the scenes and letting the "online world" work for us not against us.

As a person who wants to see things move in a more positive light and progress twards national coverage, please try to air differences offline, via email/PM, or old fashioned phone call. Remember NASCAR started on a beach with a bunch of Rum Runners and evolved into the monster it is today. It was done with positive and constructive critism and developement.

I thank all of you for what you do for the sport. I know that deep down inside no matter what is said, all teams/individuals want to see things progress but we have to take this first step towards sport promotion.

Have a Merry Christmas and Blessed New Year.

Regards,
Brian
Thanks Brian. Couldn't have said it better. Merry Christmas.
Old 12-22-2010, 10:36 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I agree i said my piece im done.
Augie glade to see your awake.
Old 12-22-2010, 11:11 AM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,755 Likes on 3,799 Posts

In our politically correct world, too much sugar coating is going on. If all attempts have been made to settle a issue, it sometimes needs to be aired! when it comes to cheating, stealing, or basically not keeping a Gentleman's agreement. Lay it on the line, It maybe a small issues now, but like a lie once you tell one you must tell several, and each one takes you further from the truth.
Old 12-22-2010, 03:17 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by gary cook
I agree i said my piece im done.
Augie glade to see your awake.
I was hungry Gary but I'll be sleeping soon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.