Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > General Racing Discussion
2011 Miss GEICO Racing Schedule >

2011 Miss GEICO Racing Schedule

Notices

2011 Miss GEICO Racing Schedule

Old 03-10-2011, 07:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I rally liked the short course too but would love to see the speed those turbine boats could reach with that extra length of course.

Either long or short course it wont matter to me as long as there is racing and good weather I will be happy as a clam.
Old 03-12-2011, 01:02 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

I don't think a course like St Clair could handle more than 4 of these monsters racing at once.

Wouldn't it be nice to finally see the turbines class field a few boats. I bet Miss Geico/AMF has run about 35 races so far and only had compitition in about 8 of those races. I'm know Scotty and Marc will welcome the compitition.
Old 03-13-2011, 06:54 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They will have a battle of the turbines in Cocoa Beach, should prove to be interesting. I know the town and fans are looking forward to it. The town is a buzz with the excitement of the races returning to Cocoa Beach this yr. You will see most of the big boats there this yr. The cat unlimted class is shaping up to be a great race.
Old 03-15-2011, 11:10 PM
Registered

This is what the good people of St. Clair have always wanted to see. Not taking away anything from the other classes as every race has their moments. We got a little spoiled when Geico and Bud Select raced a few years back and to see 3 or 4 Turbines on the course would be quite a sight. Not to sound out of the loop but what happened to John H and why is he not with them?
Old 03-17-2011, 02:01 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by StClairRaceFan
This is what the good people of St. Clair have always wanted to see. Not taking away anything from the other classes as every race has their moments. We got a little spoiled when Geico and Bud Select raced a few years back and to see 3 or 4 Turbines on the course would be quite a sight. Not to sound out of the loop but what happened to John H and why is he not with them?
From what I have read and heard, is that Mr. Haggin felt it was time for him to move on as he has been doing this for quit a few years now and he wanted to spend more time with his horse breeding business. Like everyone else some times you need a break and he had pumped in a lot of his own money into the sport to make it better and I certainly think he has and the Miss Geico Team is just one great example of that. I had never met him but from all accounts everyone loved him as he was a down to earth guy. I hope that we will still see him from time to time at the races with his boys and friends. This fan really appreciated all that he had done for the sport and it was a very sad day to hear that he was retiring. Wish him all the best, hope this gives you an idea of what happened to Mr, John Haggin. "United We Race"
Old 03-18-2011, 06:43 AM
psmith
Gold Member

I met John a few times, very nice and down to earth person. That whole Geico Team is like that. Scotty and Marc have always been easy to talk to for their fans. Good luck John Haggin, you kicked up offshore racing a few notches.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:31 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I'm glad Geico is making it to Key West this year...just wasn't the same without them.
Old 03-22-2011, 12:14 PM
87cafe
VIP Member

we always enjoyed seeing you guy at smokin the sound in biloxi, what happen? my kids love yall!
Old 03-23-2011, 09:35 AM
Registered

Hoping we see all four turbines in Michigan City this summer. What a show right off the beach!
Old 03-23-2011, 06:22 PM
Registered

Jason from the looks of it you will see them there, it is one of the best races of the schedule and a dont miss race. We'll talk soon, spoke to Tony already and the Super Cats will be there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.