Notices

Rules for SVL

Old 03-16-2011, 09:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its also doughtful you would be competitive with the 6 drive.too heavy and robs to much horsepower.Invest in a good throttleman instead!!!!!!!
Old 03-16-2011, 11:16 PM
Registered

The #6 work for cat light but I'm looking at other drive that are lighter. Its more about safety for me and others. I've been in a boat that spun out because the Bravo drive failed.
Hey whats with the speed rule now I'm trying to leave the P Classes?
Old 03-17-2011, 09:05 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Let me guess.... you want to use a Weismann drive? Do you also realize that you'ld be able to buy 5 bravo props to one #6 prop?
Old 03-17-2011, 09:45 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 521 Racing
The #6 work for cat light but I'm looking at other drive that are lighter. Its more about safety for me and others. I've been in a boat that spun out because the Bravo drive failed.
Hey whats with the speed rule now I'm trying to leave the P Classes?
Your comparing apples to oranges...

#6 work in supercat light because everyone in the class runs them. As mentioned with 525s rarely is there a bravo break in SVL. If you want to run something, I'm sure no one will have a problem with you running a wet sump six

As for the spin-out was it a single engine or twin? Wont say it cant happen but dont really hear much about a broken drive on a single "causing a spin". Twin engines sure cause the other drive it still under power.

Your comment about the speed limit in SVL makes me believe you may not have done your homework on this class. In a nutshell there is no speed limit - its all about optimizing your setup and running flat out. Everyone runs the same power so setup of boat, drive, etc is key. You cant just keep throwing more power at it like P-class. That's why running a bravo is so well accepted - lowest parasitic losses and can handle the 525 class just fine (oh and the drive allowed by the rulebooks makes if a favorable choice as well )

Anyways, hope to see you out there one way or another.
Old 03-17-2011, 10:11 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by fantastixvoyage
Your comparing apples to oranges...

#6 work in supercat light because everyone in the class runs them. As mentioned with 525s rarely is there a bravo break in SVL. If you want to run something, I'm sure no one will have a problem with you running a wet sump six

As for the spin-out was it a single engine or twin? Wont say it cant happen but dont really hear much about a broken drive on a single "causing a spin". Twin engines sure cause the other drive it still under power.

Your comment about the speed limit in SVL makes me believe you may not have done your homework on this class. In a nutshell there is no speed limit - its all about optimizing your setup and running flat out. Everyone runs the same power so setup of boat, drive, etc is key. You cant just keep throwing more power at it like P-class. That's why running a bravo is so well accepted - lowest parasitic losses and can handle the 525 class just fine (oh and the drive allowed by the rulebooks makes if a favorable choice as well )

Anyways, hope to see you out there one way or another.
Very well said!!

Wil
Old 03-17-2011, 02:49 PM
Registered

I'm looking at Weismann & Arneson drives for the boat. I don't want to go through the Bravo drive and have it check out every couple of races, changing the oil is one thing that is a must. The boat that I was in was a twin, the gears were fine it broke around the gimble housing. the drives only had 30hr it and the motors were 525s. I've seen other bravo's that were singles to have problems to. They found the problem be for they faild all the way. The motors were 525s and 575s.

I know of two boats in the that had good luck with the Arneson and Weismann drives. Those drive's wont make the the boat faster will they?

I want to get a boat ready for 2012. I like the class, it reminds me of the old A class. There was over 10 boats in every race.
Old 03-17-2011, 03:29 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No speed limit unless you build a new boat that will beat all the old boats.
Old 03-17-2011, 03:33 PM
Registered

Dean are you talking about the skater beating the fountain super vees
Old 03-17-2011, 06:23 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by heater63
Dean are you talking about the skater beating the fountain super vees
A little bit but not really. Because in that example the rules where changed to allow #6 drives and more aerodynamic hull shapes. It was a rule change which obsoleted the older SVs. What happened in SVL was much different. As you know.

Also as you may remember Spiderman was wieghted down which was in effect a speed limit. Just like the new OPA parity rules for the vintage SVL class. Didn't I hear 92mph thrown around?

Last edited by Wahoo ATV; 03-17-2011 at 06:28 PM.
Old 03-17-2011, 07:44 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley
Let me guess.... you want to use a Weismann drive? Do you also realize that you'ld be able to buy 5 bravo props to one #6 prop?
Where can one get a good Bravo 5 Blade for $700? The price difference is not that great, more but not deadly. Merc's 5 Blade's (SSM) are less than 4K each. Hering 5 Blade Bravo's are?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.