Looking for a good P4 boat. >

Looking for a good P4 boat.

Notices

Looking for a good P4 boat.

Old 05-09-2014, 07:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DiamondPerformance
Sweet boat as well, If I had money I would love to figure out how to make that one run nice and straight. Would make a great class 4 boat.
Old 05-09-2014, 09:59 PM
Registered

So does this Lavey actually hold a Kilo record ? with a stock engine ? Was that with the nxt or a bravo ?
Old 05-10-2014, 08:45 AM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Bilgerat
So does this Lavey actually hold a Kilo record ? with a stock engine ? Was that with the nxt or a bravo ?
The bravo set up was/is the fastest.
Attached Images   
302-521-0123

The Best Parts & Service At The Best Price
Old 05-10-2014, 10:39 AM
bwd
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sweet boat as well, If I had money I would love to figure out how to make that one run nice and straight. Would make a great class 4 boat.
I disagree. You don't need the fastest hull out there to run in a bracket class. It has to be steady and strong, good giddyup doesn't hurt either. Personally, while I agree having a lid is safer than being open, I would rather be in a open in p4. Being at the bottom of the food chain on the course ( slowest ) I would rather have the 360 degree if vis to see boats lapping me. AS most will agree in a lid, vis is very limited and cameras can be pricey and far from perfect. Also, all of the most successful p4 boats are open. Some with a fair amount of age too. Aerotech, Extreme, Phantom, Scarab. come to mind.
Old 05-10-2014, 03:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bwd
I disagree. You don't need the fastest hull out there to run in a bracket class. It has to be steady and strong, good giddyup doesn't hurt either. Personally, while I agree having a lid is safer than being open, I would rather be in a open in p4. Being at the bottom of the food chain on the course ( slowest ) I would rather have the 360 degree if vis to see boats lapping me. AS most will agree in a lid, vis is very limited and cameras can be pricey and far from perfect. Also, all of the most successful p4 boats are open. Some with a fair amount of age too. Aerotech, Extreme, Phantom, Scarab. come to mind.
I guess I shouldve said it would probably be a better 4 boat than a SVL. I have raced against that thing and or watched it run several times, and its a handfull. So maybe a bit better at class 4 speeds as opposed to trying to go 100 to keep up with the doc. I firmly believe the best class 4 boat is a 34' Phantom with 500's in it !!!
Old 05-10-2014, 07:32 PM
bwd
Registered

I guess I shouldve said it would probably be a better 4 boat than a SVL. I have raced against that thing and or watched it run several times, and its a handfull. So maybe a bit better at class 4 speeds as opposed to trying to go 100 to keep up with the doc. I firmly believe the best class 4 boat is a 34' Phantom with 500's in it !!!
I agree with the last part of that. I doubt very much that a svl would make a good class 4 or p3 boat. I have run in both classes and the only time I ever got passed by a svl was if I was laying up when everyone else broke. The fact is when it gets rough the large twin engine boats walk away from the svl with a steady speed through out the course.

Last edited by bwd; 05-11-2014 at 08:04 AM.
Old 05-11-2014, 07:15 AM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

I have 15 hrs in the boat and it runs nice and straight. The factory did move the strakes around back when it was racing. NXT drive/prop did not help with control.
302-521-0123

The Best Parts & Service At The Best Price
Old 05-11-2014, 04:02 PM
bwd
Registered

BTW, this is the aggravating thing about racing these days, so as there is no confusion, I was asking about a good open p4 boat( 80mph bracket, 30' and under ) in sbi. Class 4 in opa is 85 0ver 30. P3 in sbi is 90 or 95 ( depending who whines the most to get what they want) over 30'.
Old 05-11-2014, 11:33 PM
Registered

yeah guess i missed the initial point of the first post p4 in sbi. When I ran p4 in sbi it was still open to twin engine boats. and for that the Saber here local would be a good bet. However that same boat or one like it with a single would also be a good choice for single engine class 4 sbi rules.
Old 05-12-2014, 04:38 AM
bwd
Registered

yeah guess i missed the initial point of the first post p4 in sbi. When I ran p4 in sbi it was still open to twin engine boats. and for that the Saber here local would be a good bet. However that same boat or one like it with a single would also be a good choice for single engine class 4 sbi rules.
Nice boat, Pantera 28 too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.