Marathon live stream >

Marathon live stream

Notices

Marathon live stream

Old 07-09-2015, 11:41 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I agree with you

That will take care of parity in motor issues .
Old 07-09-2015, 11:45 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
Im all ears for listening to suggestions. What I can see happening is some will like it one way and others will like it another way and someone (me) will get accused of destroying the class with my input. Everyone would need to make a change IMO. I like the new Merc 520 package.
Randy do u have a price on the 520, when we did our research we only cked the 565.
Old 07-09-2015, 11:48 AM
Registered

Received 916 Likes on 304 Posts

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
How many times have you heard people say Geico kicked every body's butt.
Actually it's been a while now.. lol. Back when she was the only thing sporting turbines maybe...

Seriously guys quit acting like a bunch of old women.. Or better yet, get your wives together and let them lay out the rules for ya.. Less *****ing, more racing, and on the same course preferably..
Old 07-09-2015, 01:06 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Xtremeracing
Randy do u have a price on the 520, when we did our research we only cked the 565.
Less than the 565 LOL. Plus group discount. Buy the package and sell off the gimbal and drive if you don't need them and it reduces the cost of the motor. May even be able to sell the headers if yours are good as well. No I don't have the exact number but if we all sold our existing motors it shouldn't be too bad IMO. Closed cooling, smartcraft and very close in power. Same props as before and great reliability that we all need to keep racing. Yes more up front cost but better value in the long run IMO. Now figure out tec, rebuilds and we have a great platform for all. Im not against the 565 just more money but it also has some pretty nice features.
Old 07-09-2015, 01:11 PM
Registered

Ok I'll see if i can get a number, i read some specs and it shows HP 520 RPM 4800-5200. Not sure if thats real hp the 525 dynos any where from 570 - 590 for the newest generation.
Old 07-09-2015, 02:27 PM
Registered

Not so sure a 520 hp motor at 5200 is going to turn same prop we all have, dont see that motor turning 28 and 29 but that the least of it.
Old 07-09-2015, 03:01 PM
Registered

Dealer on the Merc 520 is $34,092 that complete gimal and XR drive standard lower, it doesnt have the ITS gimal with steering.

It is NOT a MERC Racing division motor.
Old 07-09-2015, 05:32 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Ok I'll start off by asking a very general question. While I have loved the Mercury motors I have raced, spec and bracket, why does it have to be Mercury motor Randy? They offer no support and fact of the matter is that OPA itself has 4 engine builders that can build a reliable motor to spec and they support the organization. They include Crockett, Saris, MidCoast Performance Marine,and Wazzup. Also I have seen in the past if you get a Frank McComas engine he will be at the race supporting his product, no matter the political line. Crane down the street here makes a lot of components for mercury and Mercury is 4X the cost of what crane charges for them, even my OEM pricing is double what i can walk in the door and acquire them for. I thought the whole goal was to compete in an affordable class on an equal playing field? Wouldnt it be more cost effective to deal with engine builders that actually support the organization and their product, with all the money saved a 500 entry fee per race would be nothing to be able to afford an independent tech to be hired and come in and provide actual tech, instead of hiding behind seals that easily accessible.

Also the vortec motor that you claim was illegal was in Sunprint was never illegal in its life as I said OPA did not have any rules in the 2010 rulebook for the SVL class. If there are not any rules in the rulebook, how the hell can you say a motor is illegal? Time Bandit ran a vortec as well, but it was ok for him to compete all 98 mph of him. The IMCO boat ran with a 525 EFI....The only time that Vortec was not an option was after you had 2 Vortec register for 2013 in Jupiter/2012 and they seemed to be left off the conference call which voted their motors out due to their dominance in the Jupiter worlds

Conference calls will never work as everyone is too far apart. Its a shame that the president and board member up north are running 525's to the specs of the the Superboat Vee class and off memory a few drive issues,
Old 07-09-2015, 06:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This isn't rocket science. Supercat class did it. Any half decent engine builder can spec out a 5800 rpm 600hp motor for this class in his head in about 15 seconds.
Old 07-09-2015, 06:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The orgs just need to write it in the rules and be done with it. Don't even ask, just do it. Like I said earlier, you can sell your 525 in a day and have a brand new motor built with money left in your pocket.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.