Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > General Racing Discussion
Roll call factory class boats >

Roll call factory class boats

Notices

Roll call factory class boats

Old 08-14-2015, 10:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Our DCB was originally built for f-1 but never made it out before class died...also have a y2k in the shop that was raced in f1 a time or 2....if that 10g's is real, I'm sure we'd run one of them with ya...
Old 08-15-2015, 05:58 AM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lefty555
Our DCB was originally built for f-1 but never made it out before class died...also have a y2k in the shop that was raced in f1 a time or 2....if that 10g's is real, I'm sure we'd run one of them with ya...
Call me
Old 08-15-2015, 01:42 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

FWIW on my end I would like to see this come back the F1 and F2 race boats. Maybe have a tune up run this year central located and see who would pay to come watch it and hang in the pits. Just throwing it out as an outsider here who use to go to at least a couple events per year / every year back in the day. That was some great racing back then with those classes. Heck use tape a lot from Speedvision when I could not go in person. Just saying
Old 08-16-2015, 09:07 PM
Registered

wouldn't it be easier to put a gps in all boats and regulate the speed. have multiple speed classes and if you break out, your done. it would keep things a little more at bay imo. you could still have your set of rules ie. 510 cu. in etc. i would love to race but it would have to be on an even playing field
Old 08-17-2015, 03:57 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cig92
wouldn't it be easier to put a gps in all boats and regulate the speed. have multiple speed classes and if you break out, your done. it would keep things a little more at bay imo. you could still have your set of rules ie. 510 cu. in etc. i would love to race but it would have to be on an even playing field
the G2X RacePak(which Sean specified in his proposed rules) is a GPS, it monitors the RPMs, calculates your prop slip, hell it even tells you the G-Forces... It is easier to run a gps and regulate the speed as those classes already exist... The current speeds for Computer racing are 60, 70, 75, 85, 95, 105, 115(7) in OPA and 80 & 95 in SBI.. If the motors are built to the specs that Sean provided and there is proper Tech, then it is as close to even playing field as you can come and the winner is based off driver, throttleman talent and not how much you can pull back the throttles and stay under the speed

Last edited by F1-00 Racing; 08-17-2015 at 03:59 AM.
Old 08-18-2015, 02:03 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Count me in. I'd come up with an F-1 boat to run with you Sean. I race with Gordo for a couple season in the Active Thunder. Might know where a certain F-1 Pantera is sitting.

I backed away from racing back in 2005. Got tired of the GPS racing. Back to the basics of fastest boat and crew within the rules is real racing. I like SVL but alittle to rich for my blood. This would be a great way to get my step daughter into offshore racing.

Sean I know a few of the old tech/referee's would be willing to help out up my way.
Old 08-18-2015, 05:18 PM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Originally Posted by CIG3
Count me in. I'd come up with an F-1 boat to run with you Sean. I race with Gordo for a couple season in the Active Thunder. Might know where a certain F-1 Pantera is sitting.

I backed away from racing back in 2005. Got tired of the GPS racing. Back to the basics of fastest boat and crew within the rules is real racing. I like SVL but alittle to rich for my blood. This would be a great way to get my step daughter into offshore racing.

Sean I know a few of the old tech/referee's would be willing to help out up my way.

Call me
Old 08-19-2015, 07:58 AM
Registered

I tried last night. Your voice mail is full.....

I'll PM you my number....
Old 08-31-2015, 05:55 AM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

All interested parties shoot me your email addresses so I can send out the proposals upon completion thank you!!!!

[email protected]
Old 09-01-2015, 12:49 PM
Registered

[email protected]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.