Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > General Racing Discussion
Cowes Race 2020...Are you ready??? >

Cowes Race 2020...Are you ready???

Notices

Cowes Race 2020...Are you ready???

Old 08-31-2019, 05:53 AM
Registered

Received 211 Likes on 84 Posts
Default Cowes Race 2020...Are you ready???

HORBA is planning a very memorable trip.....and you are invited!

Every year since 1960 or so, the very last open ocean race is held at the end of August in England. The Cowes - Torquay race.

Next year 2020, HORBA is putting together a trip from the USA over to England for the race. Next year's race will be held August 29, 30, 31.

We are speaking with British Airways to achieve some easy ways to make this trip possible and affordable. You can book your travel with HORBA with just a $100.00 deposit and you pay off the balance over the remaining time with the final payment due 30 days before travel.

At this time we are asking how many people would be interested in going. I have already spoken to some of the Legends, and they are ready to return to the scene of the many American victories over the years. Please come and join us and hear the stories right from the source.

The final ticket costs will depend on the size of the group. So if you are interested at all, let me know either on this page or email me at [email protected]

Once we have an idea of the size of the group, we will begin working on land travel. We land in London at Heathrow airport, then down to Southampton for the Red Funnel Ferry over to the Isle of Wight, Cowes.

The total time for the trip will probably be 6 to 7 days. Mores specifics later.

Are you ready to make some great memories???

And what would a race be ......if we didn't have a home team to root for??

If anyone has any interest in racing in this event next year, I can give you the link for the race rules and you can see what class you would fall into.

They have many classes from single engine outboard to diesel cruiser class and everything in between.

This year, 2019 the 1973 35 foot Cigarette, DRY MARTINI was running second overall to a 43 foot Outerlimits.

Outerlimits won over all and DRY MARTINI had some navigational problems due to foggy weather and came 3rd overall and first in Historic class.

There is probably a class for you to race if yo want to.

Shipping is Roll On and Roll Off. Shrink Wrap your boat and trailer and when it gets to England, there will be trucks available to move it to the pits area on Cowes.

The island is called Isle of Wight and the town we race out of is called Cowes.

Hope to see some teams come next year.

CLARIFICATION....... ENGLISH OFFSHORE RACING IS LIMITED TO DEEP VEE DESIGN HULLS ONLY...... (NO CATS)

Last edited by Top Banana; 09-01-2019 at 11:07 AM.