Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > General Racing Discussion
SBI P-Class debochel >

SBI P-Class debochel

Notices

SBI P-Class debochel

Old 11-25-2002, 05:28 AM
xtremeracingf1

Well thats all fine and I wish everyone the best of luck next year no matter where they race.But until things change and attitudes change it wont get any better...
Thanks for all the good info. Mike...

Old 11-25-2002, 02:22 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FEVER and EXTREME Im going post to both of you because i happend to mention old Mike and my feelings about him.First i was taulking about Mike T and not Mr A.Have to much respect for Mr A to do that.Fever check back to the apba race in p4 and look what they put in with us, taulk about buying first place. Then take a look at the first race in St. Cloud this year inP4 again. Thats when i lost it with Mike T. and thought we better try somthing else Didnt mean to get my 2 cents in you fellows post but i didnt want anyone to think i was knocking Mr. A MEL TEAM VIXEN P4 16
Old 11-25-2002, 02:28 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fever That first race i asked you to check was Lauderdal last year.sorry about that. Mel
Old 11-25-2002, 08:45 PM
xtremeracingf1

The problems in APBA wasnt just in P Class it was also in the Factory Classes...When some boats were running faster then others,time for a rule change (Suprise) and suspention of some good racers...Whos next??
Like I said earlier its us out there with our ass on the line,and sometimes I think people forget that...Its gotten to the point that its not a win-win for everyone,seem like it gets one sided.
Rules are good and rule changes are needed,but there is a time and a place for it...I've been doing this way to long,almost 20 yrs.and I remember then APBA was a club and not a bussiness.Times change and not always for the better,but I'm sure they know better then I do and what needs to be done,and will do a great job in the futhure.
Both SBI and APBA have there problems and hopefully in the futher all we will have to worry about is racing and not the Politics.DO WHAT WE DO BEST!!!!

Old 11-25-2002, 09:15 PM
xtremeracingf1

If I remember correctly he was suspended before the drivers meeting you where talking about.That was part of the reason he acted the way he did...
Thats water under the bridge anyway...but its thing like that,that would have never of happen year ago.Things would have been handle differently,and if I remember correctly Mike A. said that himself and afterward said he might of done thing differently when he looked back at it...(Powerboat Mag.)
If you like him or not that doesnt matter but Reggie is good for the sport,and has been doing this long then most of us can remember,I think APBA made a bad bussiness choice.Again in the same article (Powerboat Mag) Mike A. also said he respected Reggie and wished he had to do over.
All I'm tring to say is all this bull takes away from the sport and the racers are the ones that paid the price for this stupid fued...

Old 11-25-2002, 09:44 PM
xtremeracingf1

Mike,
I agree it would be better for the sport and all the racers.But I dont think that will ever happen.To much damage done on both sides,but I guess we can always hope things will get better...

Frank
F1-57

Old 11-27-2002, 08:26 PM
Smittymarine

I dont want to start anything here but I just got back from Key west and saw very little difference between the two sanc. bodies. Even saw a 38 cig top gun running in P5 Whats up with that?

Old 11-27-2002, 08:55 PM
xtremeracingf1

I agree they both need to work on getting they're act together...

Old 12-04-2002, 03:18 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fever Mike,I guess I'm one of those 35'+ twin engine boats in the P4 SBI Divisional Class.We have a 1996 38' Scarab,10,500 lbs.(TUGBOAT)(dry weight) boat complete with sofas,bed,bathroom,ref. back seat,ect.,ect.We do have BANDIT RACING ENGINES@650 HP's and they only get us up to 80,81 tops! I kinda race for fun up here in Jersey and I like the fact that when I'm done my kids say we looked "cool."We are the SBI Northeast Divisional P4 Champs as well as the National High Points Champs and 2nd. in New Orleans,we lost to that triple engine Fountain(came in 1st. in the first race and 4th. in the second race because we changed props,not too bright I am) driven by Gil Coopeland who is a real nice guy!Not bad for a ROOKIE! I've had the pleasure of meeting a lot of very nice people running the SBI circuit from North Carolina,all of Jersey,NYC and New Orleans including just watching the world championship of APBA in Key West which was FANTASTIC! I assume you were in New Orleans and I thought as did many there the most exciting race of the first race was the P4 division,both fountain boats were FASTER than me but I beat them at ALL the turns and I only caught up with a little more that half a lap to the finish line!I only won by 7 seconds,to me thats very exciting and yes I got a trophy for 2nd. place overall ,traveled 1308 miles one way and paid and entrance fee, I think I've paid for the trophy one way or another,don't ya think?
Mike,anytime your in Jersey give us a call or come on up this year and race with us or just hang with The Jersey Boyz Offshore Racing Crews. Regards Augie