Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > General Racing Discussion
Question About  Lifeline Jackets >

Question About Lifeline Jackets

Notices

Question About Lifeline Jackets

Old 12-13-2002, 02:57 PM
JOHN FRANCO

Default Question About Lifeline Jackets

TO RACE IN SBI/OPA P CLASS DO YOU HAVE TO HAVE THE OFFSHORE LIFELINE JACKET OR WILL THE STANDARD LIFELINE RACING JACKET DUE?
I CALLED LIFELINE AND THEY TOLD ME THAT MOST RACERS BUY THE STANDARD JACKET AND THAT THE JACKETS LOOK THE SAME EXEPT FOR THE "FLAK" IMPACT MATERAIL IN THE OFFSHORE JACKET .

JOHN F

Old 12-13-2002, 07:32 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

John,

Our team has one of each. Either is acceptable. Visually there is no difference between them. Since they have to be recertified every two years you should buy them well before you intend to race so that two years from now you can get them recertified during the offseason. Occasionally you can find used ones for sale.

raynman
Old 12-13-2002, 08:05 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

John,

Go to the "General Discussion" forum and search on Lifeline.
There are several posts about Lifeline jackets and where to get them. Also there is an SRP jacket for sale on the APBA site. I'm not sure what type of jacket that is but they are also mentioned in the general discussion forum.

raynman

Last edited by raynman; 12-13-2002 at 08:09 PM.
Old 12-13-2002, 08:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

correction...the two year re-cirt does not exist any longer...it's the racers responsibility...both jackets are acceptable...i have both...for stand boats up the impact jacket im my choice and the added bulk adds support...trust me, if your standing...you will want the impact one! for sit down boats (open) the impact one is too much and very restricting (fo me anyway)...i like life line...all they do is marine safty...i like the owner bill fauntleroy...he is a NO BS type of guy...
Old 12-14-2002, 10:32 AM
Smittymarine

John, I have afew spares if you mant to try them before you buy them Ed

Old 12-14-2002, 11:32 AM
JOHN FRANCO

Thanks guys for the info,I spoke to bill at lifeline and purchased the standard racing jacket yesterday afternnon.

Happy Holidays
John F

Old 12-14-2002, 07:00 PM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

If anyone else is planning on purchasing a new jacket, I would go ahead and call Lifeline and ask for Bill. He has a special deal on the standard race jacket.
He has a number of them that are almost new, with only 26 miles on them!!
I will be racing with John Franco next summer and also bought my jacket from Bill on Friday.
Ask Bill about the jackets with only 26 miles on them, they are a great deal!!
Old 12-16-2002, 07:52 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

John Just seen your post on the jacket and take it from someone whose been thier.You cant get to much protection in a open boat if somthing goes wrong.We did a stuff and roll around 80 and stayed in the boat,and even with that thick jacket every on my left side got brocken ,I realy believe the better jacket would have helped a lot. Take it for what its worth. Mel Team Vixen P4 16