Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > General Racing Discussion
Who is planning on running GLSCS this year?? >

Who is planning on running GLSCS this year??

Notices

Who is planning on running GLSCS this year??

Old 05-02-2003, 12:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Who is planning on running GLSCS this year??

GLSCS has only 8 teams registered so far this year. There is an unannounced meeting this weekend where they're going to "set" prize purse based on entries.

Let me know if you are planning to run this year.........

Also! looking for SC-Light OB boats to help fill class.

Please reply..........
Old 05-02-2003, 12:54 PM
Registered

US!
Old 05-02-2003, 08:56 PM
Lee
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

P4-34
Old 05-02-2003, 09:06 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is not a registration for the GLSCS. A few months ago a show of hands was requested on the website. History shows that 20-30+ boats show on average.
I plan on participating in four races.
ben perfected B-10
Old 05-04-2003, 07:27 AM
Registered

Originally posted by BenPerfected
There is not a registration for the GLSCS. A few months ago a show of hands was requested on the website. History shows that 20-30+ boats show on average.
I plan on participating in four races.
ben perfected B-10
Sprauge,

True, while there is no actual "registration" for the series, only 8 boats have indicated to Gary that they plan on running this year. (by the way, we averaged nearly 35 boats a race last yr.) The *super secret* (e.g., unannounced) meeting Sat & Sun is so that the series can allocate prize purses and to decide whether to follow MA or 9-mile, based on input/representation at this meeting. Since the meeting was not announced, representation will be minimal, letting the powers that be in the series do whatever they feel like doing... The MA / 9-Mile issue brings a lot of controversy as you're dealing with 4 different clubs, some of which have their own agendas. While we're planning on running a few of the series races, most of our class has gone to SBI, since MA/Zoli, et al, have decided to disenfranchised the OB classes. Which brings up another issue; Will Merc provide any support to LLC since they've apparently been 'dis'd with the GM deal?

Are you planning on coming up to your old backyard this summer?

Team Extreme #30
Old 05-04-2003, 08:07 AM
F1 RADIOACTIVE

RADIOACTIVE F1-46 AS ALWAYS

Old 05-04-2003, 11:05 AM
shoregasm

We have not decided one way or another yet. Still "waiting" on this new allocation of prize money to decide.
I think that everyone knows that if you are racing for price money only that you are in for the wrong reason, however, it seems to me that with the ratio of P-class boats to other classes, something should be done to even out the distribution of funds. Even in the national series about 50% of the turnout is with P-class.

Last year we would race for about $150 bucks even with 3 boats in our class ??? seems strainge.....

Team Offshoregasm
P4-14

Old 05-04-2003, 03:47 PM
Registered

Dave,

If you want to race for prize money, race for the $25,000 cash in the GLSCS One Design Series put up by Reindl Powerboats. Add that to the GLSCS monies and you could walk away with over $30,000. As a producer of the Cincinnati Offshore Grand Prix, we have to put up $10,000 cash purse, and I know Formula Powerboats has added to that with their sponsorships.

We are also giving free hotel rooms to the first 30 teams to register for the event, (13 spaces left) and food and drinks will be provided for by the sponsors on the evenings of the event.

Terrah Lee
(513) 543-7736
[email protected]
Old 05-04-2003, 09:00 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Team Extreme,
The OB situation must be frustrating. Today, I plan on racing Lake St. Clair, St. Clair River and Sandusky. I will race Cincinnati if I can find a B Class boat that will race the event. No luck to date. Terrah, any B Class boats registered?
Assuming there aren't any B Class racers for Cincy, I have a proposal for you. If the GLSCS doesn't object, you put a "B" on your boat and I will race you. We pay the GLSCS the $550 and I will bet you $500 one of us will win! Winner take all. You probably have 10+ mph on me in the river. I have numerous friends and family in Cincinnati and I want to race. I personally am not interested in the P Class agenda. If you guys are game, let's sign up!

Sprague
B-10 ben perfected
214 221 1007
Old 05-05-2003, 07:29 AM
Registered

so what happened this past weekend...where does the GLSCS stand??

Quick Reply: Who is planning on running GLSCS this year??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.