Sarasota F-1 Race...Ouch that hurt! >

Sarasota F-1 Race...Ouch that hurt!

Notices

Sarasota F-1 Race...Ouch that hurt!

Old 08-23-2003, 06:53 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sarasota F-1 Race...Ouch that hurt!

Just a quick update...we still don't know the condition of Andrew. He was taken by helicopter to St. Pete. He was alert in the water and gave me a thumbs up before the rescue guys got there.

I went to the hospital just to get checked. Everything ok except for some bruises. I will be very sore for awhile.

We were running solidly in third after a great battle with Laveycraft. We raced them hard for a few laps and were able to get by them in a turn. We had no chance of improving our position but were running hard just in case. You never know. We took one turn a little too tight and the rest is a blur. I don't know how we managed to roll the boat rather than just spin out, but we were both ejected. Got to go for the 80 mph swim which felt like a 2X4 to the back of the head. I lost my helmet and have the abrasions to prove I had the chin strap on tight. Lou Anne watched the whole thing from a boat about 50 yards away. APBA was good to call her right away to say we were alright.

The boat came through in pretty good shape. The engine hatch was torn off but is repairable. Otherwise it will be ready for Ft. Lauderdale. Some miraculous stuff.

I appreciate the concern shown by many people. My concern is now for Andrew and his recovery. We will pass along information as we receive it.

Allen
Old 08-23-2003, 07:05 PM
Registered

Good to hear from you, Allen. OSO was right with you when it happend (via Dan on the cellphone.) Give our best to Andrew.
Old 08-23-2003, 07:50 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Glad to hear that you are ok Allen, and our prayers are with Andrew.
Old 08-23-2003, 08:41 PM
Registered

best of luck in a speedy recovery for you and andrew.
Old 08-23-2003, 08:47 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Thanks for all the kind words and concerns. We have heard that Andrew is ok. He had several tests done and is going to remain overnight at the hospital. Other than a stitch on the lip, he has the same bonks as me. Nothing broken and that is very good news. Again miraculous.

We have so many people to thank. The rescue guys were super. They were on us immediately. Someone took responsibility for our boat and got it back to the pits. Jon Maas, Pete Sarkadi and Ken McKissock of Offshore Solutions checked the boat out at Jon's shop and gave us a good report.

Dan Batt is da man! He was on Gary Barrack's boat with Sherry and Lou Anne watching the race while giving play-by-play to Offshore Only on his cell phone. They all had a grandstand seat for the accident. Gary offered to tow our boat and got our crew all back to the pits quickly. When they got back to the pits, Dan took charge of our boat and got it put away while Lou Anne took care of me. Good friends really step up when you need them.

APBA is a great family of wonderful people. It is very inspiring to see them in action. I know many people helped us and we are not even aware of it. Unsung heros all. I am humbled and thankful.

Allen
Old 08-24-2003, 12:50 AM
Registered

Hope ...all is well.
Sorry to hear about your mishap.
Old 08-24-2003, 08:02 AM
Registered

Allen,
Glad to hear everyone is ok.....Michelle kept me informed by updates.....can't wait to see everybody in Ft Lauderdale....
Barkley
Old 08-24-2003, 08:36 AM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Were you screaming eagles or flying eagles or both? Its risky business racing and to a lot of fans I am sure it looks easy. You 2 are getting better every race and we are proud of your team in F1. As always we are all glad no one was hurt. I will see you in Fort L. Speedy recovery I don't want any excuses.
MD
Old 08-24-2003, 02:53 PM
xtremeracingf1

Great to here the team is doing ok,our prayers are with you. Looking foward to hearing all good things about your team in the futhure. You guys are doing so well this year and getting better and better ever race.
Keep up the good work...

XtremeRacing,and Crew

Old 08-24-2003, 09:34 PM
Trim it Up!
Platinum Member

Thankful that you guys are O. K.! I was watching from the Lady Sarasota, what a cork screw! DON'T ever do that again!!
Charlene (& Glenn W. too)

Quick Reply: Sarasota F-1 Race...Ouch that hurt!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.