F1 Motor Issues Need Help >

F1 Motor Issues Need Help

Notices

F1 Motor Issues Need Help

Old 08-28-2003, 11:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F1 Motor Issues Need Help

HOW ABOUT THIS GUYS, IF THE 525S ARE RUNNING SOMEWHERE AROUND 570HP, WHY NOT DO THIS MOST TEAMS SEND THEIR MOTORS OUT TO BE FRESHENED AT THE END OF THE SEASON LETS ASK INNOVATION IF THE CAN CRANK UP TH HP ON THE 500HP'S AND THE EFI'S TO THE SAME HORSEPOWER, I'M SURE THEY CAN COME UP WITH A WAY TO DO THIS, COST WISE I CANT SEE IT COSTING ALLOT MORE THEN THE NORMAL FRESHING CHARGE, MAYBE THEY CAN DO IT THROUGH THE CARB, ON THE HP'S AND WITH A CHIP ON THE EFI'S THIS WAY MAYBE SOME OF THE OLDER BOATS WOULD RETURN TO RACING, AND BE COMPETITIVE, A GOOD ENGINE BUILDER CAN GAIN THE HP WE NEED TO RUN WITH THE 525'S HOW ABOUT INNOVATION DO YOU HAVE ANY THOUGHTS ON THIS.

KEVIN
Old 08-28-2003, 12:45 PM
Registered

the facts...the top 2 boats in the F2 pro series right now have 500efi's in them...3rd and 4th have 525's.
Old 08-28-2003, 04:57 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Has anyone considered maybe its not the motors its the boats and teams?
MD
Old 08-28-2003, 06:10 PM
Registered

You must see these things a bit more differentiated, Randy.

When you lose, it's the engine.

When you win, it's the skill of the team.
Old 08-28-2003, 06:11 PM
Registered

PS: You need a bigger engine.
Old 08-28-2003, 06:15 PM
RLW
~~~~
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It seems to me that if the HP525's are at 570 hp, they should be brought back to the 525 hp for which they are labeled. Otherwise let's call them HP570's.
All these horsepower numbers that I have read about on this board are just that, numbers that I read on the Internet.
Where is the proof?
Are they really 570 horsepower?
Kevin, you're they only one screaming about it. I say screaming because you still can't type without using all caps in your post.
One more thing, the F2 boat SPEEDWEAR ran carbed HP500's and won the Worlds last year. Why? Because they could run a 1000 lbs lighter than the HP3's or the HP525's and 600 lbs lighter than the HP500 fuel injected boats.
Also, Jerry Gilbreath went on a strict diet and training program before he came back to competition.
In this sport every pound counts and setup is paramount.
Hopefully by next year, the powers that be, will have all of this inequality ironed out.
Old 08-28-2003, 06:42 PM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

Actually...on the 500efi and 525efi the computers can be modified to various hp ranges.
I belive I heard Steve say they can dial in the 496's from 425 to 570hp with the computers at the Innovation meeting
BTW...I think they used the dyno at Innovation

Dan
F1-83 Screamin Eagle
Old 08-28-2003, 07:47 PM
Registered

Has anyone considered maybe its not the motors its the boats and teams?
I will be the first to admit, I need more experience in the boat, but it still doesn't change the fact that when the
green flag fly's and everyone is going strait the 525's just walk away. The guys winning are the best in the buisiness regardless, but it still is an unfair advantage.
I can think of a few times they fell off pace due to mechanic failure, slightspin, or slight stuff but nobody was even close enough to take advantage.
Take our boat for a ride after tons of prop work, time spent at lake X tons of hours on bottom work, a freshened engine for this season etc. and you'll see how a 29 foot boat at our weight accellerates. Not good
We raced with Randy in Daytona on the 10mile stretch back to the inlet and neither boat pulled away and inch.
We saw speeds on the gps on that run almost 3mph faster than we have recorded in any race this year.
Screw the changes, I would love to race a long course again where accelleration is less of a factor
Old 08-28-2003, 08:02 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,301 Likes on 3,706 Posts

I think on flat water with long straightaways the 525s' rule, on the other hand as joey stated the leaders in f-2 are have 500 efi's. it is certainly not a easy fix.
Old 08-28-2003, 08:49 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Scott no one ever said the worlock is the fastest boat out there. They run great in big water but we don't always run in big water. We do OK because we bought an all around boat that does better than average in the calm and pretty dam good in the big stuff. I'm not a rocket scientist but the Activators and Krytonites seem to have the best of both worlds. If a new team wants to play and be strong I would look at the winning boats before I bought anything! We all cant sell what we have and buy a new boat but if I was getting my butt kicked every race with the hammer down I would do what it takes or just except that I didn't make the right choice on boats. I still have a 4 time world championship boat with the potential of winning many more races but cant sell it for a steal! I would love to lease it to a F1 team to see the difference.
MD

The worst thing that happened this year is that my white boat with the 500 EFI didn't make it to Milwacky with another crew in it to prove its not the motor. We ran in the bay against it 1-week before the race and couldn't beat it,So!!!!

Quick Reply: F1 Motor Issues Need Help

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.