Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > General Racing Discussion
Poll: Key West or Alabama? >

Poll: Key West or Alabama?

Notices
View Poll Results: If you have a choice of Worlds, will you ...
Go with Lee to Key West
31.87%
Go with Mike to Alabama
68.13%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: Key West or Alabama?

Old 09-16-2003, 08:56 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Going to KW but not b/c of Lee. I've got friends with reservations, time off and money spent. Plus KW is warmer and you can't beat the party with or without the race.
Old 09-16-2003, 10:23 AM
packinair

Lee Mills I'm pissed. the best thing that ever happened to offshore racing is Mike Alwise. The sport is growing the venues are better than ever, the purses are up. The air time is unpresadented. we at APBA are second to none. All this in a "Recession". We worked long and hard to get to this point, who are you to set us back? are dream and our short term goal is to break even for doing what we love to do. We are obligated to come to key west but we will not race. Lee I hope i'ts not to late? For the love of the sport reconsider.

Old 09-16-2003, 01:27 PM
WCSting

Michael Allweiss cannot go and rearrange a World Championship 2months before the biggest race of the year.

What happened to The Bahamas, rumor is the race organizers paid a deposit and are now promised a race in the new year and what about us who made travel arrangements?

Then there's Tampa which is now St. Petersburg race, according to The St. Pete. Times a week ago the city of St. Pete. disclosed that they are still awaiting payment from the last race.

Key west here we come

Old 09-16-2003, 01:33 PM
WCSting

The Worlds in Alabama will suck 50 degree weather no boats, an organization that changes venues as they change their socks....Mike help the racers

Old 09-16-2003, 01:47 PM
Registered

My usually reliable sources say it's official. APBA Worlds: Orange Beach, November 10 - 16.

Expect a really official announcement within the next 24hrs.
Old 09-16-2003, 02:03 PM
Registered

I must say, 11/10-16 is very salomonic. Race the official APBA Worlds in Bubba Country, then move on to KW and race the www.asbestosworlds .

After that: Pick the one you won. This is so confused, nobody will ever know which one was which.

"Winner 2003 Key West Offshore Worlds."

"Winner 2003 APBA Offshore Worlds."
Old 09-16-2003, 02:55 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,735 Likes on 3,794 Posts

the 3rd thru the 9th sbi in deerfield beach!!!
10th thru 16th in orange beach apba
17th thru 24th key west
Old 09-16-2003, 03:21 PM
Registered

It's a world of offshore racing ....
Old 09-16-2003, 04:14 PM
Registered

You left out an option.

Stay home.
Old 09-16-2003, 05:45 PM
Registered

Randy,
I don't know what to say....now you see what I was saying a couple of months ago. We have secured 2 citys for Offshore races we can pay out the racers over $125.000.00 per race for 2 races or do 3 races and split the $250,000.00 3 ways. But this is what the city planners we have talk to said, they will not do bussiness with these people. Thats why I won't just jump in a santioning body and have everything that we work for fall apart.
Contrary to belief, you can do this the right way and the racers will show but when you get to many hands in the pot....and some people's personalitys suck add the ego's and they loose site of the racers.
I'm not trying tO stick this in APBA or SBI face...but when we do this we will be setting the "BAR" on how a race can be run.
Mark wants to move up next year...I told him its sad when we have everything in place...a good team, a great sponsor package for next year, the time to do it...but we can't find a organization thats worth investing the money and time and show sponsors the crediablity of the sport. I can not even count how many times I apologize to my sponsors this year. But I'm not investing any of my money on a new boat to move up in when I can't trust the organization I race in.
Sorry Mike A. but thats how I feel, I can not trust you for me to invest my money for you to make it and me to loose it.
I know I'm only one person and you can afford to have a few people feel this way and it will not hurt your LLC. But I will at least be up front with you and tell you....and I would at least expect the same treatment back.

Gino Marrone

Last edited by MANITIE; 09-16-2003 at 07:43 PM.

Quick Reply: Poll: Key West or Alabama?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.