Race Teams ....a Solution

Notices

Race Teams ....a Solution

Old 09-19-2003, 09:15 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Race Teams ....a Solution

Originally posted by cashbrain
The solution is simple...ALL of the race teams need to combine together and not be lead around by ANY organization...
Jack/773-209-8301
But if the race teams combine, wouldn't they then BE AN ORGANIZATION?!?!?

I see what you are saying and agree, but how do you prevent the racers' organization from falling victim to the same problems and politics that plague the current organizations?
Old 09-19-2003, 10:57 AM
Registered

Default Re: Re: Re: Race Teams ....a Solution

Originally posted by Too Old
Think of it as more of a union....
Actually that is the first thing I thought of. Jack sounds awfully pro labor for a businessman.

One man one vote for all members. That should prevent egos from running amok.
Yes, but then you have other problems. Illustration:

Where are most of the racers from? East Coast. What if the West and Gulf coast racers wanted more races in their backyard. East coast guys win. Solution = West and gulf coast racers form their own association = same old problem.

I am not trying to be difficult, but if you are going to avoid the problems that have plagued the sport in the past, these issues will have to be addressed. I think this is a good idea if it can be done in a representative and fair manner.
Old 09-19-2003, 11:13 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You guys are missing it.

1. This idea has been tried. It was called PROPS. Ted Saborise from INXS put it together. It lasted one year with no real affect on things.

2. To put on a race, a local club is needed that will work with local sponsors to raise the money needed to put on the event. THIS IS THE HARD PART.

3. You can't just say "we want a race in XXX" someone needs to get a sponsor to put up the money.

If you want to be a promoter, find a site, find a sponsor and then shop the event between the sanctioning bodies to see who will work with you the best.

There, see how easy that was........ NOT.
Old 09-19-2003, 12:11 PM
Registered

Cashbrain, I will support anything that will reduce costs and reduces aggravation

Last edited by ScottB; 09-19-2003 at 12:26 PM.
Old 09-19-2003, 12:25 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Cash, take the lead on this. Maybe you can do it better than Ted did several years ago.

It's a good idea, just hard to pull everyone together.
Old 09-19-2003, 12:43 PM
Registered

If an organization is in place that will bring some stability and credibility to the events everyone wins.
Sponsors will be more willing to step up to the plate, racers will be more willing to attend, and the fans will get a better show. This scenario will allow the sport to grow and become what it can and should be. Without it, The prognosis is not good, and there will be more of the foolishness that happened or is about to happen at Key West.
Old 09-19-2003, 01:16 PM
Registered

Originally posted by cashbrain
...how about a few constuctive remarks???...seriously
I was attempting to be constructive. If the new group is not set up in a fair manner that best addresses the needs of all, it will be no better than the one who's problems you are trying to solve.

Pure democracy doesn't work. Otherwise we would have them everywhere.

I would suggest there be no profit motive for the people running the show. Perhaps three geographical regions within which racers vote, and the two out of three rule as to decision making. I know this sounds confusing, but it would even out voting leaving no faction in absolute control.
Old 09-19-2003, 01:39 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Just my $.02 We have the best forum in the World here OSO Add someone like Jack and you can do anything.. this is something that has not existed before in Boat racing history..Step up to the times..

A place where logic and common sense can have input also.

Come on 4 WC's !!
Old 09-19-2003, 01:45 PM
BDFREE

CASH BRAIN

I agree with what you said. I belive the GREAT LAKES .
Is sort run like that, they have an elected board.
Most of them are racers,and they do a great job just ask any one who has raced here.

Old 09-19-2003, 03:06 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

So Cash, are you going to actually do something or just let the idea die with this thread?

Quick Reply: Race Teams ....a Solution

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.