Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > General Racing Discussion
APBA vs. Offshore LLC Settlement????? >

APBA vs. Offshore LLC Settlement?????

Notices

APBA vs. Offshore LLC Settlement?????

Old 09-30-2003, 09:29 PM
RJCat

Shane
just out of curiosity,nothing mysterious intended, as you always say, i'm only ASKING.
Have you spoken to Mr. Lee Mills personally since all of this started.
JUST CURIOUS.

Old 09-30-2003, 09:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HelmPilot,

We all appreciate the support GM has brought to APBA Offshore. When we replaced the Suburaban we towed over 50,000 miles to the races with last year, it was with another one that has the 8100. Great engine...lots of power.

We too are looking forward to the excitement of a bigger 2004 offshore racing season for the fans, sponsors and teams.

See you in Ft Lauderdale.

Jim
Old 09-30-2003, 09:38 PM
Registered

This all sucks.....
Old 09-30-2003, 10:02 PM
Registered

Matt,

Everyone is entitled to advance their own opinion at times and you happened to catch a personal one of mine. While it always has been the "Worlds" event at the start of the year. I happen to believe that the "Worlds" event should cap off the year and hence my statement. In my book the season starts in April!

If we all ever stop picking at the politics of this sport and collectively organize ourselves and capture this energy aiming it at creating and "supporting" a unified racing organization and membership perhaps a true "Worlds" event including racers from other countries could really happen. I am priveleged to be aware that several race organizations in Europe have been closely watching what the APBA LLC has done to make the sport more competitive and they like it! Imagine having similar classes in other countries and sufficient corporate sponsorships along with prize purses to attract world class (I mean geographically, not that I don't believe the best racers are racing in the APBA) to an Offshore race.

Formula 1(or beter yet Formula H2O Racing, somebody copyright that quick) on the water, yes everyone can dream.

Mark
Old 09-30-2003, 10:07 PM
Registered

I talked to Micheal at length today and the court settlement was'nt mentioned however, I did talk to a top G.M. executive who confirmed they have a fresh three year deal with the llc. and am meeting tomorrow to discuss a week full of festivities in Orange Beach. from Nov.10-16.

Gary Nichols
Old 09-30-2003, 10:14 PM
Registered

Let's let nature takes its course. Just like when OSO makes a decision to change the way we run the website, defending ourselves just fuels the fire and brings the devils advocates out to play.

The race world will be what it is when the parties involved are done making the attroneys rich. Just remember that we are all here in one place and it would not be very hard to start a new Racing body should it ever come to that. After all the Jersey Boys did it and had a lot of fun and success. The Chesapeake boys did it also. Not to the degree that Mike A. has done it but if you water, feed, and provide sunlight to anything, it will grow.

Now lets all get back to our regularly scheduled program, high performance boats.

Thank you!!
Old 09-30-2003, 10:18 PM
Registered

Originally posted by THEJOKER
Well I'd say Mr Skrzypek set somebody right on GM's involvement with APBA Offshore. Shane : Bring your 24 Skater to Lauderdale and race sticker boy - SHUT UP AND RACE! BH
Brian,

I had the pleasure of running with Ryan at last years Hot Toddy Run and I just don't have teh pockets deep enough, especially after the year I have had financially to do anything like that. My friends say it is just because I am cheap! I call it fiscally responsible. Believe me I would love to race again, but definitely with someonelse's hardware!
Old 09-30-2003, 10:21 PM
Registered

Originally posted by RJCat
Shane
just out of curiosity,nothing mysterious intended, as you always say, i'm only ASKING.
Have you spoken to Mr. Lee Mills personally since all of this started.
JUST CURIOUS.
I have not spoken with Mr. Mills since 1996 when I drove the Pennzoil boat. I would bet he would not even remember my name.
Old 09-30-2003, 10:39 PM
Registered

Without being prompted by someone else, or by having first hand information yourself, which would preclude the necessity for asking the question in the first place, you couldn't begin to ask those detailed questions.

So then who DID you speak to in order to "just ask" explicit questions which seem to suggest that in fact some of those things may have happened?

- Just asking.
Old 09-30-2003, 10:40 PM
ModMachine

Originally posted by cashbrain
and The GM sponsorship is gone as well....I suppose
Doing some more wishing, Cashbrain??

Quick Reply: APBA vs. Offshore LLC Settlement?????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.