This is strictly an opinion!!! >

This is strictly an opinion!!!

Notices

This is strictly an opinion!!!

Old 10-31-2003, 09:15 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default This is strictly an opinion!!!

As I stated this is only an opinion so take it as such.

Lets sit back a minute and process all of what is happening in the ongoing APBA saga. Have any of you thought about the rumour that LLC is in financial trouble and took forever to pay out Gino due to the birth of ORL. Mr Allweiss is a smart, sucessful, and wealthy LAWYER. The smart business move for him would be to bankrupt LLC and go forward with ORL. I stupidly paid my 2004 fees to LLC and not directly to Detroit. So I will probally never see my membership card or heck since Mr Allweiss tryed to put a gag order on the F1's, I will probally be sent a letter stating that I am banned.

As I have stated from the beginning, I just want to race, I have proven such, but I am tired of spending and spending and not seeing a return. We are supposedly labeled as "Professionals" and to bring up something that was stated in a previous thread, professionals are paid.

What is a shame is that Robyn and Gary have put together one hell of a venue and they have to put up with this childessness and I am not refering to the racers. There has been contraversy with APBA LLC since its inception and the racers have and will continue to be the buzzard in the Bugs Bunny cartoon and keep on opening up their wallets and say "OK" I really wish I could go to OB but with there not being payout I'll just have to wait until next August, that is if I even to continue to race because I am so disgusted with what is going on right now.

Also everyone brings up how great STARS is and all of that, which they are great, but everyone seems to forget that SBI has a top notch medical staff and so does OPA. I wouldnt get in a race boat if I felt unsecure in case a "what if" situation arises and those who know me. know that I have raced all 3 circuits.

Just out of curiouslty, I am sure most of you have close ties to the manufactuer of your boat, why dont we purchase the motors thru them with minimal markup instead of being forced to buy them thru APBA with a higher markup? Its all about the Benjamins I guess, but I would much rather spend my Benjamins on something productive, not a bottemless pit that shows no chance of a return.

Good luck to all and be safe, and I will state again that this is my opinion so come on peanut gallery take your shots.
Old 11-01-2003, 01:26 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Trent....check your mailbox
Old 11-01-2003, 06:07 AM
LOBSTERBOY

You want to enjoy yourself !!! See you in Deerfield !!!

Old 11-01-2003, 07:40 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Default SBI NOT PERFECT ACCORDING TO CASH

Cash,
You were right about the LLC meltdown. You, Shane and a few others took much heat for your predictions.

But if you have not seen SBI lately, you have not seen SBI at all. There is more improvement every race. Is it perfect yet? No. Can we voice our pinions freely? Yes. can we count on our schedule? Yes. Have we had a significant rule change requiring a major purchase in the past 5 years? No. Does the Boss ask US to vote on any issues regarding our class? Yes. Does the Boss make every decision based on how much he can profit from it? No.

Could we use a few more boats? Sure.................But not many. 50 or so is the goal.

How to make it more fan friendly, I'm not certain. Miller's thread was incredibly insightful. His ideas, like them or not have the best chance of taking it to the next level. SQ
Orders for 08' DVC hulls now being taken.
Old 11-01-2003, 01:50 PM
Manatee

Trent,
I missed the part of Mike A. trying to put the gag order on the F1' s....diD I miss something.

Old 11-01-2003, 02:08 PM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

Gino
Yes you did miss something...shame on you...for that you get 2 demerits.
In St Pete.
After we were TOLD that everyone in F1 and 2 will be running new motors next year, we were TOLD to keep quiet about any issues we had with LLC and to stay off the OSO board. Orders not given to any of those who agree with the party line I noticed.
Actually I have a problem with that since last I looked we were in America, and slavery was abolished 200 years ago.
And since no one seems to be forth coming with the truth anywere else, I will continue to voice my opnions and ask questions here.

Dan

Last edited by DanB; 11-01-2003 at 02:37 PM.
Old 11-01-2003, 04:18 PM
Registered

The reason there has been no changes in equipment purchases for SBI racing is because there have been basically no weight rules for racing. Running slow? Shed more weight off the boat because there is no scale. Running slow? Use high rev boxes to go faster and MAYBE you'll get caught, like Bankbeaters did. If rules are'nt brought into place soon into SBI, especially in the stock class, SBI will be down to 7-10 boats a race.
Old 11-01-2003, 04:26 PM
xtremeracingf1

Steve,

Well put,and getting better everyday...
See you in a few days.

Frank
Koolhand

Old 11-01-2003, 05:25 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Default Viper One

Glad to hear from you. Your kind words are welcome. You are obviously concerned about the future of Offshore and the Stock class in particular. I'm sure I can speak for my classmates when I thank you for your input.

But because WE vote on the changes to our class you will have to talk to US directly. We have had so many different people win races in our class it's hard to determine who is running the super light hull. But we will work on it.

My partner missed our last award presentation. We were having our two day old motors (direct from Mercury with receipts) torn down by the so called nonresistant SBI inspectors.

I'm really glad you brought up the Bankbeaters debacle. That incident brought about so many positive changes where we race. That particular lemon is now lemonade. Most people know this and wish us well, if they race with SBI or not.

SBI's goal is fifty boats. We had fourty at our last race. SBI might not be the answer to all of the problems of Offshore. But we are improving race by race.

We expect a 10 boat field in Stock Class alone next year. I would like to chat with you a bit longer. You seem to be knowledgeable and in touch with the latest news. But I have a race to go to. And I can't wait to get there. I think that's what it's really all about. SQ
Old 11-01-2003, 05:26 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by xtremeracingf1
Steve,

Well put,and getting better everyday...
See you in a few days.

Frank
Koolhand
[/QUOTE

I'll be at the meeting tomorrow Frank. See you there. SQ

Quick Reply: This is strictly an opinion!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.