Thanks to all F2 teams

Notices

Thanks to all F2 teams

Old 11-18-2003, 08:39 PM
JKK
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks to all F2 teams

Just wanted to send out a special thank you to all the F2 teams that we competed against this year. As most of you know the class has been on a decline since the 27 boat start in the 2000 World Championships, accompanied by the tragedy in Daytona that eliminated two very strong teams, the National class has been reduced to between 5 and 8 boats every race this year. But in my opinion it has been one of the most competitive years ever, in fact it has been the best yet. It was the first year that any team that entered could win a race at any given time. Obviously some boats excelled in various conditions, but as a whole you could never be sure who would come out on top, and that is really what the F2 class is all about! Everyone ran so well this year, making each and every race exciting and challenging. It is not always quantity, but quality, and every F2 team of the 2003 season were quality race teams in every aspect of the sport. So I would like to thank you all, especially:

F2-22 : Team Fisher Offshore Racing – In the 2002 National Champion Donzi, you guys looked awesome in St. Cloud and we worried about you winning all season, sometimes it just takes a little more time then we would like to shake off a roll like in Daytona, hopefully you will be out there again next year back in the saddle.

F2-21 : AR Donzi – The Donzi team we all loved to hate, but seemed unbeatable when they had their game faces on. "We love you man!"

F2-1 : Snap-On-Talk'n Tools – The 2003 National Champions that sported a perfected and dominate rough water set up all season. You guys deserved the National Championship; you earned it, as well as, the Jack Stoerrle sportsmanship award and driver of the year. Congratulations.

F2-13 : Gecko Imported Tequila – Who were in that ever so tricky to run, but fast 2001 National and World Champion Cigarette, we still owe you one Diamond.

F2-57 : Harwich Concrete Block / Pier 57 – The fastest F2 ever, you guys still own the calm water even after all these years. Had fun this year Lute “Gary Coleman” Dickey. “What you talkin’ about Let’s Play”

F2-71 : Pantera/Mohegan Sun – With limited seat time and still breaking 90 MPH, need I say more.

F2-38 : Twisted Styx – Great Lakes champions from what seems the beginning of time through 2002 and one of the most fair and intense competitors we have and will ever run against in F2.

F2-78 : Xtra Lean – My very best pals and all around fast Formula team, if your heart was in it, all F2 teams would have had their hands full with you guys this year.

F2-55 : Speedwear – The 2002 World Champion and fastest F2 over 35 feet, it was great to race you guys in Orange beach, Todd kept warning us you would bring it and you did. Keep dominating the West Coast and we will see you next year at the worlds. Hey Martin where do we get those rings?

And to all the rest of the Factory 2 teams East, West and Great Lakes. Thanks for all the good times and great racing this year!

Sincerely,

Jeff Krischano “JKK”

Throttles Let’s Play Racing F2-24

Last edited by JKK; 11-26-2003 at 09:48 AM.
Old 11-18-2003, 09:57 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Also to all the F2 teams:

I agree with Jeff that F-2 racing is about as exciting as offshore can get and as level a playing field as any racer could ask for. I follow his very classy lead to congratulate all participants.

I tip my hat to all, especially Jeff and Pat at "Let's Play Racing" for a well-earned World title. Thanks for keeping Arvis busy this year! I, too, would like to congratulate Brian and Wilma on their National title and offer Joey from AR my repect for his hard work and passion. He set the bar high up there for everybody else and, I am certain, made Steve Simon proud.

I wish that this year started out differently and that our team was able to compete out there against you all. Lord knows we were ready!

The tragedy in Daytona when we all lost our friend, Jack Stoerrle, made Carl and I re-think our priorities as fathers and husbands and we decided to park F2-32. It was a VERY difficult decision, as we enjoyed NOTHING better than competing against you all. To each of you I offer my respect and friendship. This year was a tough one for all. Have a great winter.

Regards,

Tom Caruso
Total Marine Racing
F2-32
Old 11-19-2003, 11:56 AM
diamonddaveF170

Jeff,

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

You guys deserve it , trough whatever was going on your faces were always up there and making your presence known.

Let me know about your 38 awesome if it is still available.

The Gladiator will be out next season with a new crew and it is finally dialed in so it will make it interesting.
It was great meeting you, hanging out and helping you guys out when needed.
Look foward to seeing you all nest season and everyone have a great off season!

David
F2-13,P2-13,P3-13, & F1-70
Diamond Dave Offshore Racing

Old 11-19-2003, 12:01 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

Jeff,

Thank you for an exciting season of F2 racing! You and Pat are the best and remember.....Wisconsin people can beat Michigan people in a great deal of things. Love you guys like my brothers!!

Thanks for the season

Jen Youngblood
Old 11-19-2003, 12:04 PM
Registered

Thanks JK....get out your dirt bike man!! no excuses!
Old 11-19-2003, 01:24 PM
Registered

Jeff:

Thanks! Yes, it was a great season indeed. I enjoyed being a part of the F2 family, and I hope to return to the sport again one day. Congratulations on your World Championship and good luck in the future.

Bobby Fisher
F2-22
Old 11-19-2003, 03:42 PM
Registered

To All Current And Former F2 Teams

I would like to extend our congratulations from
our team for the quality competition during the
2003 racing season, despite the tragedies in
both the Pro and Great Lakes Series.
"IT IS HARD TO LOOSE GOOD FRIENDS"

I am proud to be part of the F2 family and hope
we are able to rebuild the strong presence in
Offshore Racing we once enjoyed.

LOOKING FORWARD TO AN EXCITING 2004
SEASON OF RACING

F2-38
Team Owner
Jim Simmons
Old 12-31-2003, 02:41 PM
JKK
Registered

I know things have been changing in the offshore world, and most likely will be very different next year. Would be nice if we all (The F2 Teams) could keep each other up to date on the direction each team will be moving in. So as soon as you know what you will be doing when it comes to "boating" and "racing" in 2004 chime in and let us all know.

We could use this thread/post or start another, just seems every other class has been communicating, and I think we should to. Remember, we still are/were the biggest class ever, and with some effort, can probably be again.

Thanks

JK
Old 01-22-2004, 07:09 PM
JKK
Registered

Default Is F2 dead??????????

HELLO>>>>>>>

Have not heard a thing from any F2 teams since the worlds last year, Is F2 dead? If we do not have at least 4 or 5 teams (because you have to have a loser), I would guess it is. Are any teams 100% sure they will be back next year. Sound off....
Old 01-22-2004, 08:16 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

I sure hope not!!!
Anyone heading to the APBA meeting on the 31st?

Quick Reply: Thanks to all F2 teams

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.