Notices

High Risk Crash

Old 11-26-2003, 02:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default High Risk Crash

Does anyone have any pics or movies of this accident. Since it happened going into the harbor i figure someone has to have something. I am trying to put together what happened other than the boat rolled and I was thrown out. If you do, give me a call, 561-313-7995 or email me at [email protected].
Thanks, Kirk Dunteman
Old 11-28-2003, 09:44 AM

I was a spectator and saw that roll. It followed a bow-high leap and the whole incident was very sudden and unexpected from my point of view. Hope you guys are OK because the ejections looked nasty, even though you both seemed to be thrown clear.

Were you on the wheel or throttle? And (excuse my ignorance) which side of the boat was that on? Was that super-stock class? I guess next time I gotta get a programme if there is such a thing.

Old 11-28-2003, 10:07 AM
Registered

Default Throttleman

I was the throttleman. I sat on the port side of the boat. It was in super stock class. Run under what the old rules in apba were. I was the one who flew farther, some have said three full cartwheels in the air. I remember flying past and behind John. It seemed like the boat all of the sudden said "GET THE F*** OUT".
I talked to John yesterday and his legs were still hurting from the steering wheel and he was hit by one of the back motors on his way out. We have both said that that the next time we race it will be under canopies. I'm getting to OLD for this s***.
Old 11-28-2003, 10:47 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Glad to hear you guys are mending quickly!!

AFIR, boat went bow high, then seemed to hook a sponson on the landing. A bounce or two, you guys went out, she came back up and that was about it. Man, that was fast and scary. I have a couple after shots as i am sure most do. As fast as it happened I think someone shooting video may be your best shot @ pics.

Again, glad to hear there were no major injuries!!

Scott B
Old 11-28-2003, 10:54 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

BTW, in this guys sequences there is a shot of you guys heading up I believe, then the following shots are afterwards. nice guy, spoke to him @ the races, he may have some he didnt put up or at least could tell you what he saw...

http://www.justpictureitinc.com/

Scott B
Old 11-30-2003, 08:15 PM
Registered

Default Thanks for the help!

Scott, thanks for the web site. I will try to see if he got others. I have also been contacted by some who have some video and other pics. Can't wait, or maybe I can, to see the rest of them. Thanks everyone for the input.
Kirk
Old 12-01-2003, 09:42 AM
Registered

Kirk, Glad to see your OK
Scott
Old 12-02-2003, 04:55 PM
merlin540

Thumbs up

KIRK GLAD TO SEE YOU ARE ALRIGHT I SAW THE CRASH CALL ME SOMETIME 513-477-2780 CHARLIE AMANN. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR OLD RACE BOAT????? SEE YA