Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > General Racing Discussion
All F1 Teams Who Are Racing Or Thinking Of Racing For 2004 >

All F1 Teams Who Are Racing Or Thinking Of Racing For 2004

Notices

All F1 Teams Who Are Racing Or Thinking Of Racing For 2004

Old 12-20-2003, 06:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i too. liked the way BJ jumped into this and i think he had some good thoughts, ITS TOO BAD WE LET APBA AKA MIKE A GET US INTO THIS MESS. if every body wants to run what they have we would need to make two classes the 500's and the 525's or look into bj's ideas, because racing for 2nd sucks.

KEVIN
Old 12-21-2003, 06:57 AM
Mike A.

Originally posted by RADIOACTIVE
i too. liked the way BJ jumped into this and i think he had some good thoughts, ITS TOO BAD WE LET APBA AKA MIKE A GET US INTO THIS MESS. if every body wants to run what they have we would need to make two classes the 500's and the 525's or look into bj's ideas, because racing for 2nd sucks.

KEVIN
Kevin,

Enough already, man. If you need to lay the blame on me then just do it and be done with it.

I am taking responsibility for what has happened. I am trying "to play nice with others" and make amends for where we are. I am helping and offering to help only to the extent I am asked to help.

I am trying to repair damage and move forward. Can you help these guys too? No one needs to keep throwing down on me or anyone else in order to move ahead. So please, lay down the sword, roll up your sleeves and just help.

Mike

Old 12-21-2003, 08:28 AM
Ricochet Mike

I was under the impression the motor issue was dead! No new rules for 'o4 , if thats the case take an approved motor package , and dial in your boats the best you can , theres volumes to be said for prop testing , and good old fashioned practice ! Why do you guys think Jeremy Mcgrath ( motocross ) or John Force Funny cars ) aw hell even "tiger Woods " dominate their respective sports like they do ? Its called practice , obviosly theres differences but the bottom line is unless you spend time testing and tweaking your boat and props and skills your always trying for second place , so with that said , get "your motor" and get out on the water !!! Its almost race time .

Old 12-21-2003, 08:54 AM
xtremeracingf1

Kevin,

That possible would be an option maybe to different bracets might work. One for the 500's and one for the 525's. BJ had a good point also,we really do need to see where all the boat are speed wise. It might be that differcult to slow the faster boats down,and possible dial the slower boats in alittle better. Lake X will only be open till the middle of March,might be a good idea to get all the teams there at one time.

Frank
Koolhand

Old 12-21-2003, 02:14 PM
Registered

Thanks Frank,
and its true we are not that far off....on flat out speeds if we all ran 80mph in flat seas....their are 3 to 5 boats that are running 81 to 82.5mph and their are 3 to 5 boats running 77 to 79mph we have what we need 8 to 10 boats that are ready to race we need for now just find the best way to tweek it alittle till we get on a new program....some of it would be easy....some boats have to put so much wieght in to be legal they are running 78 to 78.5...let that boat take out 200 to 250lbs and he's their....if we can close the mph range from this year from 76 to 82.5 to everybody running around 80mph that alone would be huge on how close the racing would be......
Remember the problem at hand could be much worse....we could only have 2 or 3 F1 boats out their that can race....then what do you have.......I bet if we got everbodys speed close to 80....BJ would jump into my Fountain and race it....

Kevin,
I know your pissed of what happend....and I don't know if you are even going to race this year or were.....but you know your boat would be right up their if the speeds were closer to each other.....hell your boat ran in 3rd in last years Worlds......we all need to put all this **** behind us and figure out what can be done....and I'm saying....I for one need to take that same attitude...like you and all of us...we have alot of money and time and hard work invested in all of this.....we just need to step back and look at the big picture and figure a way to work this out

Last edited by MANITIE; 12-21-2003 at 02:32 PM.
Old 12-21-2003, 02:45 PM
Registered

GINO the only correction is we ran 2nd in the worlds in 2002 in the sunday race in key west, the boat was running 82.9 mph in race set up. im all for making the field have even horse power and speed.

KEVIN
Old 12-21-2003, 02:57 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

That damn Corsa would be the boat to beat if it committed to a full schedule. Looks like you guy's are headed in the right direction. Get well BJ and hope to see you back racing soon - BH
Old 12-21-2003, 02:58 PM
Registered

Thanks Kevin,
And this is whats good...it seems thats what all the teams want....but whats done is done.....and if we could all agree on one program this we be over...but its not right to tell teams who just spent ove $30,000 on a engine Pack. and who have been running in the pro series for years to go and buy a 500 and loss all that money......and agian I think we would all agree on one engine pack. but even that their will be boats still running with a 4+mph difference.....this would only be a quick fix for now till we can see whats going to happen....were teams would not have to invest 10's of thousands of dollors.....I also think we did'nt have the compitition this year like we did in the past...their were some great teams this year running in the GLSCS that did'nt run the pro-series and it showed in the Worlds a new team with a 4 year old boat taking 3rd in both races...If you did'nt have all the engine headach's you had this year were would you have finish up in the Worlds
Old 12-21-2003, 04:18 PM
xtremeracingf1

Gino.

It wouldn't be that hard to get all the boats close in speed.If we all went to the Lake X we can run some boats side by side till we get them right. There is and easy and cheap fix also to get some HP out of the 500 EFI's. You can get a cheap 25-30 hp out of them for $1200.00 to $1500.00. If some teams that are running slow that would help,add weight to some of the faster boats or just de-tune them.It can be done,but the clock is ticking,and we'll run out of time quick. Next is where do we race,and with what sanction body. We need to make the decision quick.
Dan has spoke to John at SBI and he is open to listen to what we want.I spoke to him again the other day ,and he's not going to wait to long he has to move on with a direction he feels will work for SBI. So if we dont give him input it again might be to late. Just a though possible a conferance call and see what we can do.

Frank
Koolhand

Old 12-22-2003, 06:58 AM
Offshore Addiction

hey Mike A,you are the one that can set this stuff straight,we need to get these rules straight and soon to be able to get our teams playin again......can and will you help?theres no more factorys playin the feild anymore and its now down to just teams who own there own equipment,and we need rules,and competitive ones,and Quick!,and they have to be in stone and agreeable!most rule changes in the past 98 years have always been voted on by equipment owners,while the original classes and a base rule list is set up by the santioning bodies!can this happen again?

Quick Reply: All F1 Teams Who Are Racing Or Thinking Of Racing For 2004

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.