Notices

SBI 2004 Kickoff

Old 02-10-2004, 08:23 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mel

As it looks, there is no nationals set up right now for Apba.

Just 4 races
Old 02-10-2004, 06:24 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We raced sbi in 2002 but with only 1 or 2 boats in class the money didnt even pay the motel bill.Im not knocking sbi because we had a lot of fun with that bunch and didnt care if we got payed or not.The big problem was no boats in P classes.As far as no nationals go,that will happen or it will go back to Detroit running the show again and maybe that wouldnt be such a bad idea either.I hope I didnt step on any toes as I didnt mean to.Just want to race Frt. Myers and not spend a extra $1000.oo. Mel
Old 02-11-2004, 08:16 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Mel,

I just heard back and I am being told that the one day fee structure is as follows: $50.00 per riding crew, and $200.00 equipment fee plus entry fee. There will not be any points or prize money on the one day plan.

Thanks Trent
Old 02-11-2004, 10:51 AM
VIP Member

Default Hey Mel

Get some P class boats out there, and the boyz will match them one for one. We dont need no stinkin money, I'll bring the beer. Smitty
Old 02-11-2004, 02:30 PM
Registered

Guys

Just recieved a phone call that the above has changed. It is still 50 per riding crew, but 300 for equipment now with points and prize money.
Old 02-12-2004, 07:19 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Trent,thanks for the help,couldnt seem to get any from sbi on the phone.I guess they look at me as a traiter.Cant help it if big John dont have any P boats.Smitty,we just dont seem to have anybody here that wants to get out and race legaly,or should I say sober.See you all in Frt. Myers. Mel an The Gambler Team.
Old 02-12-2004, 10:44 AM
Registered

Mel,

I hope to see you there!

Julie
Old 02-12-2004, 11:12 AM
Registered

Mel,

I am sorry that you sound so bitter towards SBI. A lot has changed since you have run with them. You are not a traitor and on his way out the door to head up to the Miami boat show, John called Frank and said take care of him(refering to you) and the information you requested was provided to you in timely manner.

I personally take offense to being labeled a drunk racer and dont appreciate it. I really thought more from you. That comment was rude and uncalled for. The safety record of SBI speaks for itself, please compare the fatality and accident rates of SBI vs other sanctioing bodies over the past 3 years(not bad for for some "drunks")

You requested the information, we got the information for you and in return we get personally attacked. It sounds like from the beginning you never had any intentions of running with SBI. Sounds like you have some personal issues and maybe its best that you didnt run with SBI and the so called "drunks". Good luck to you and where ever you race, always thought you and your team was a class act , but obviously times have changed.

Feel free to contact us anytime to discuss this further.
Old 02-12-2004, 01:11 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Good Lord Trent I sure didnt call you o anybody in the race circuit a drunk in fact i dont even know you. I was posting Smitty and joking about the sunday afternoon hot shots i see who wont race but sit and get snoot full and go out and run like a bunch of idiots and make it bad on the racers.If that offends you so be it.As far as Frt. Myers goes ,I dont need this ****. Mel
Old 02-12-2004, 03:25 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Hey Mel, even I knew what you were talking about. Trent, chill out. Mel is ok with The Jersey Boyz and we had a good time with him and his family. Now if you want to be REAL, we have footage of you in the Bricktown Race. We're all there to have a good time.

Quick Reply: SBI 2004 Kickoff

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.