d-hlaw, Seroff, SOB class etc.

Notices

d-hlaw, Seroff, SOB class etc.

Old 04-06-2004, 03:29 PM
Charter Member #1093
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default d-hlaw, Seroff, SOB class etc.

Brett, Bruce, Dave and all of you who competed at St. Cloud, in a word or two: First Class! Each of you were genuine, courteous and professional. For every fan that meets one of you, we will silence 10 of the doomsayers.

As to Single Outboard Class, I would welcome the class at any APBA event. If the creators of the SOB rules will allow APBA to use your rules, we will acknowledge your courtesy and run the class, and be proud to do so. You all our racers in our books. It isn't the size of your boat or the number of engines, it is the size of your desire to compete that meets the test.

I'm honored to referee you all, your actions this past weekend put integrity right back into Offshore Racing!

Have a safe race in Miami, and we'll see you in Marathon!

Steve David
Old 04-06-2004, 05:06 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Steve, a very class statement! Glad you all had a great time and I'm sorry we missed it but Smitty and Sticks are getting The Delicate Sound Of Thunder as well as their Wazzup boat. Hopefully we'll see you in the future. Regards Augie. Are you sure you were happy to meet Bruce?
Old 04-06-2004, 06:44 PM
Registered

Originally posted by A.Pensa
Are you sure you were happy to meet Bruce?

thanks steve...my feelings are nothing but likewise.

After this weekend, and if my schedule allows, I will make my best effort to run more races with APBA this year.
Old 04-06-2004, 07:40 PM
freezeframevideo.net
Commercial Member

Received 819 Likes on 605 Posts
Default good to see you at race

Steve Good to see you at the opening race in St Cloud Freeze Frame Video
Old 04-06-2004, 07:54 PM
Registered

Steve,

You are not going to be in Miami?
Old 04-06-2004, 08:18 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Steve,

On behalf of the Pair-a-Dice team we would like to thank you for a very well organized event. We like what we see in the rebuilding of APBA and plan on participating in future events if it works in our schedule.

Mark Lee
Pair-a-Dice Offshore Racing Team
Old 04-06-2004, 08:26 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Hi Steve,

I don't think anyone can claim rights to the SOB rules but credit needs to be given to Dennis Tracey and Tim Sharkey for spearheading this new class and drafting the rules. OPA should be given credit for having the foresight to be the first to adopted this new class. SOB boats will be allow to run in thier own class/ own race at OPA non ocean races. When we race in the ocean, these boats would need to join the P5 fleet.

Here's the link to SOB racing.
http://thejerseyboyz.homestead.com/SOBRacing.html

The more organizations that allow this class to run the better. Maybe we can start a tradition here. The racers made these rules and OPA has adopted them. Lets keep it that way so the rules remain the same for the class, regardless of the sactioning body.

See ya in Marathon... Steve, it's good to have you back.
Old 04-06-2004, 08:56 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Re: d-hlaw, Seroff, SOB class etc.

Originally posted by SteveDavid
As to Single Outboard Class, I would welcome the class at any APBA event. If the creators of the SOB rules will allow APBA to use your rules, we will acknowledge your courtesy and run the class, and be proud to do so. You all our racers in our books. It isn't the size of your boat or the number of engines, it is the size of your desire to compete that meets the test.

Steve David
Thank you Steve!!!

Dennis & I have been working on this since last fall.

With the co-operation of the NPBA, OPA, to be the 1st to commit to offereing the class after we were to come up with some basic rules, this is FAN-tastic to hear coming from APBA.
By all means, I welcome another association to adopt the rules as written. If the SOB Class can be acknowledged among ALL racing Associations, it will make it that much easier for the new racers to get involved on a local level at an affordable price.
NPBA & OPA seem to have the North East covered. There has been talks with SBI inviting them to Key West, and now if APBA can offer the class to cover the rest of the other areas, that would just be great.

I am sure Dennis will be all for this.
He is currently having a new PC installed, but as soon as he gets online, I am sure you will hear from him.

To see a copy of the Rules, use this link:
www.SharkeyMarine.com

Thanks again!!!

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 04-07-2004, 09:56 PM
LOOK AT THE LEAD NOW!!!!!
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool Thank You Steve!!!!!!!!!!

Just wanted to add a Thank You to Steve David for taking interest in what Sharkey and Myself felt from the start could be a something really GREAT. When we both started all of this we both agreed the ultimate goal we set out to achieve was for the SOB Class Rules to be recognized by all the various racing organizations. As the time moves forward our goal has really becoming to be more obtainable and we are truely Thankful for all of it.

I also want to extend another Thank You once again to the Offshore Performance Association(OPA) for being the first Organization to add this New Exciting Class. They have it featured on the Jersey Boyz website and OPA 2004 Race Schedules. Thank You Guys!!!!!!!!!

Still to this day Sharkey and Myself are constantly working on this class when we actually have the free time to do so. We have been working on a few other things for this class as Sharkey has stated in his post earlier on. News of things to follow will be announced sometime soon as it is finalized.

Thanks Again,
Dennis P. Tracey
Old 04-08-2004, 12:06 AM
Charter Member #1093
Charter Member

Sharkey, Dennis and SOB racers,

It's official then, SOB is welcome at every APBA event and we'll run the SOB rules as created by Sharkey and Dennis and implemented by OPA. On behalf of APBA Offshore, we thank you for your dedicated efforts in creating an affordable & exciting new class.

Personally, I especially welcome the SOB class, as now when someone (or plural) calls me an SOB I can think they are referring to the class ...........................

Stay well, see you in Marathon,

Steve David

Quick Reply: d-hlaw, Seroff, SOB class etc.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.