APBA Cincinatti-Central Division results

Notices

APBA Cincinatti-Central Division results

Old 06-21-2004, 12:53 AM
Charter Member #1093
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default APBA Cincinatti-Central Division results

Well, if the old adage "turn lemons into lemonade" ever came true it was this weekend in Cincinatti. When the chips are down, the true quality of people comes to the surface, and the 11 teams that raced today, were outstanding. Dodging trees drifting down the Ohio River, and very high water levels, we ran the 11 together in two separate heats of racing. The crowds were good, covering the Cinci waterfront from the purple bridge to the 471 bridge and an equal amount on the Newport KY side. Thankfully, in a River setting 11 boats running side by side looked awesome. The winners received their flags in front of the crowd, who applauded and stood for the winners. I'm thinking we've got trouble with a small show, but the fans thought otherwise. In the final analysis, I think the fans were right!
Special thanks go out to Chris Reindle and Terrah Lee for sticking their necks out, as well as their checkbooks to make this event happen.
Thankyou as well to each team. You guys and gals kicked in and did the sport proud. Let the detractors make their slams. The fact is Cinci was good, they want us back, and that's because each of you showed up, made it look good, and were pros in every manner.

Hidden Agenda, Extreme, JBS Racing, Simmons Racing, Team Costello, 2 WEBN, Eagle Librium, Team Douglas, P2-23, Fountain of Youth and Herbott Racing: from your APBA Family, thankyou one and all!

Steven David
Old 06-21-2004, 08:24 AM
Registered

Re: APBA Cincinatti-Central Division results

Thank you to Chris, Terrah, The APBA Staff and my fellow racers!!!
What a fun weekend!! I am glad we were able to pull it off as well as staying safe and having fun. The fans were absolutly AWSOME!!!!! The really want us to come back next year and they were really willing to share this view after the races. I spoke with many of them. Lets do it BIGGER and BETTER for the fans next year.

Everyone, thanks again!!!!
Old 06-21-2004, 12:36 PM
packinair

Default Re: APBA Cincinatti-Central Division results

Originally Posted by SteveDavid
Let the detractors make their slams.
Steven David
I would like to put up a personal KMA to those that have anything negative to say about the job you guys are doing. I spent a fair amount of time talking to Mr. David this weekend and quite a bit on the radio as I was the pace boat. I have never paced a race and he is a very paitent man and was more than willing to help me and the rookie racers out ,those that get on his bad side and want to rock the boat by stirring up the pot, making stupid posts, crying cause they got suspended case of things they did really have to go take a look in the mirror, are you in it for the better of the sport or to cry for attention and say look at what the mean guys did to me? Keep up the good work and if there is anything I can ever do to help feel free to let me know. Thanks again to everyone, we had a great time. Scott Farmer

Old 06-21-2004, 07:46 PM
Registered

We raced last year for the first time (and won)in the New Richmond race that Chris put on it was a great event! We tried to get things together to run this race but we were not able to so I was a spectator and things looked really good from the banks!
Chris you did a great job putting this together having lived in Cincy I know how hard it can be to deal with the city officials!! I will see you next week in Sarasota!
Old 06-22-2004, 11:36 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On behalf of Herbott Racing, We would like to thank everyone at the Cincinnati race.
We had an outstanding time and know there was a lot of hard work by a lot of people to pull it off. It was Great to see some old friends and to meet new ones. Scott you did a Great job pacing, I'm sure you fought the urge after the green was given to run with us. Thank you Swipe/wipes and crew it was a pleasure to meet and promote your product. Thanks for an Outstanding Father's day. Jo P4-88
Old 06-23-2004, 06:00 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Joe, it was great racing with the Swipes crew, swapping places a bunch of times. Congrats on your checkered flag. Lets do it again soon!

Those that came to Cinci, either to race or to watch, were treated to a first-class event. Chris and Terrah did an outstanding job pulling this one together, and the Konrad/Fountain of Youth team looks forward to New Richmond later this year and Cinci again next year.

We got some new goodies for you guys in Sarasota. Drives shouldn't be a problem anymore. ;^)

Cheers,
Brian
Old 06-23-2004, 08:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you very much Brian! You guys are tough and know how to run that Fountian. I am glad the boat is back together. It was a pleasure meeting you and your team,I look forward to racing again soon. Jo
Old 06-24-2004, 11:37 PM
Registered

[Thank you Swipe/wipes and crew it was a pleasure to meet and promote your product.]

Hi Joe,

Just wanted to keep you up to date that the entire SWIPES Team is pledging $1.00 for every unit/product sold at every event/race for this year to the Stoerrle Family Fund.
I had the pleasure of meeting Melanie and her three beautiful children this weekend at the NY City Poker Run. We even had our picture taken by Powerboat Magazine with the entire Swipes Team and her family together.
Between you guys in OH and us in NY we raised $150.00 for the fund. Not bad for our very first public appearance and effort and a company that is 7 weeks young.
Looking forward to contribute more as the SWIPES product becomes even more poplular. Keep up the good work!

Last edited by Danny D; 06-24-2004 at 11:42 PM.