Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: pittsburg race???

no info??????????
Old 09-13-2004, 03:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jonas,

Bummer you could not make it, the results were as follows...

SC - #99 Renegade (3 Supercats)
SCL - #39 JRP Motorsports
SVL - #51 Extreme Vortec
F1 - F1-11 Team LaveyCraft (3 boats)
P3 - P3-88 On the Edge (2 boats)
P4 - P4-99 Signs for Less
P5 - P5-17 Faster Daddy (2 boats)

There were 13 boats in all and the racing was excellent. The Supercats put on a great show running much of the race side by side.

It was great to see Shana come out with the SVL, he and the P3-88 boat put on a great race for about 5 laps almost running side by side.

Our fuel pump died on us so we retired on the 4th lap. But it was great to have the boat back on the water after the Benicia incident. It took a lap or so before we stopped driving like *****s, but we got back into the grove and were finally catching the F1's when we lost the fuel pump.

Come on down to Ventura, make a weekend of it, no doubt it will be a party. (Remember Friday night is drinking night)

Rick
Old 09-13-2004, 04:00 PM
Registered

ah that means i coulda won p4.... : )

who wa s the other p3?
Old 09-13-2004, 04:01 PM
Registered

water was prob real good...
Old 09-13-2004, 04:03 PM
Registered

I meant to say "Shane come out in the SVL". Shana is my wife.

Seeing the SVL was great, between Shanes Extreme and seeing the pictures of the new SVL LaveyCraft, this might be the class that helps POPRA grow!

I got approached on the dock by a fellow that wants to buy the BatBoat. If we can work a deal, it would be nice to be in an SVL next year rubbing elbows with team Lavey!

Speaking of LaveyCraft. At this time if I was going to buy a pleasure boat there is no other company I would buy from. They have stepped up in a big way. Between advertising on Fox Sports to ensure we have a TV deal and them helping more than three teams hit the water. The POPRA races look more like a Lavey Regatta!

So if you are in the market for a new boat, check them out you will not be sorry!!

Rick
Old 09-13-2004, 04:36 PM
Registered

Thadeus had a 39 Extreme out racing P3. They broke right before we did. It was a big fast boat.

Do you want to buy the BatBoat so I can buy the Extreme Vortec boat? That way you could win every P4 race. Heck you could have won them all this year anyways.

The water down the river was pretty snotty, got some great air, roughest water in Pittsburg in 3 years.

We are really looking forward to Ventura, any chance you are coming down?
Old 09-13-2004, 06:07 PM
Registered

Rick,

You were catching who? Ha. We put up 84 on the GPS several times and the Lavey 86+. It was a great weekend of racing. We ran the race with virtually no steering. Blew off a hydraulic line. You should have heard Brett. The boat would go wild and he go "I don't have it". I'd drop the tabs and he'd go "I have it". This went on the whole race. He steered with what he had and I'd help with the tabs. I'm sure if we knew the steering was almost gone, we'd been sitting with you. (Just busten your a$$). Everyone is real happy you and Tim are back. The boat looks good. Your right about the Lavey group. Great boats and a lot of support.

Jim
Old 09-13-2004, 09:24 PM
Registered

Brett told me about the steering, WOW that was amazing!!!

In all fairness you were running 84 down the back straight with the current . That is a pretty strong current that time of the day. When we were floating, it stated we were running 4 mph.

We were glad to be back and very upset that our day ended so soon. When the pump gave way we were 2 boat lengths behind F1-22 and could see both of you. The lap before we were 50 boat lengths behind the Velocity and could not see either of you.

I am almost embarassed at the poor start we got, but it gave us some time to get the butterflys out of our stomachs. We can hardly wait for Ventura. The boat is already fixed and we are going to test some 26p and 28p props this weekend.

Our boats generally run about the same pitch prop (we run a 30 in Benicia and Pittsburg) what prop do you generally run in the rough waters of Ventura?

All help would be appreciated.

Rick

btw... based on all the smack I diss out you are welcome to bust my a$$ anytime! Glad to have it come my way!
Old 09-13-2004, 10:02 PM
Registered

rick i have a set of labbed down 30's could poss be the ticket...

Quick Reply: pittsburg race???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.