Notices

Racer's input.....

Old 12-06-2004, 12:06 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Racer's input.....

Alot of bantering going on back and forth, some I which I join in, but what is the reason that Offshore cant unite or be run in a manner more consistant with professional sports?? Dont tell me ego, etc., but what are the real complaints that seem to never be cured?? I am really interested to hear what you long time guys, current or not, say are the 4 most pressing issues that the 3 organizations are failing to address. I am not asking for solutions just attempting to identify the problems in a clear and concise form. I know that I joke around with some of you but I am very serious about the responses. I have some outsiders that are asking me what the barrier to success seems to be and I want to see if my ideas are on point.

Fill in the blanks.....
Old 12-06-2004, 02:52 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Racer's input.....

1) Not enough boats to go around to support all sanctioning bodies
2) Rules inconsistent from sanctioning bodies
3) No entry level class-In order to competative in P5, one needs an F1 boat
4) Expense: if someone wants to give racing a try, 500 entry fee, 500 boat registration fee, 150 for each riding crew= $1,300.00 for one race, not counting travel expenses.
Old 12-06-2004, 02:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What Bob Said
Old 12-06-2004, 03:13 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

I guess I am the newest to the arena and I have to agree with both Mark and Bob....

from my observation, it appears to be that the sanctioning bodies are competing over a small pie...........it is small because of the costs involved in racing......this part I am learning about quite rapidly....

I think we could all benefit from learning to market a racing team to potential sponsors effectively....we need to get Corporate America more involved with individual teams......
Old 12-06-2004, 03:49 PM
Registered

D-LAW,
In my view of this ...You are going into the biggest class for racing next year in SV...You need to find out what organization will best fit your team and your sponsors. This has been going on for years....Some teams want to race against the most boats in their class..some will race were they feel they have the best chance to win....some teams will race only in certain regions because of budgets....If your going to do this as a true perfessional team and a true perfessional class. The teams have to make the commitment in each class to ran a full schedule were the majority of the boats in that class will race.
For 2005 there will be aprox. 20 SV out racing. It would be great if 80% of the SV's would run a full schedule in 2 santioning bodys. That would be a aprox. avg. of 14 SV's. If this would happen:
1. It would draw more attention to the fans and TV
2. It would draw more teams to join into a class with 18 to 20 boats
3. If your going to do this right and be a professional team with Professional Sponsorship money you need to do it with 15 to 20 boats in your class and race on a 14 to 16 race season....only a very very small % of teams can get $75,000 TO $300,000 Sponsorship for racing against 4 or 5 boats in 6 or 7 races a year with limited TV coverage.......but till we the racers make that commitment it will be both tough on the races, sponsors and the santioning body's

Just my 2 cents....I hope we will be racing with you guys next year.....
Gino

Last edited by MANITIE; 12-06-2004 at 03:52 PM.
Old 12-06-2004, 04:14 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Racers can fix this sport without starting another group. Just speak with a unified voice and the rest will fall into place. Why can't all 20 SVL teams pick and choose between the 28 races and make up their own schedule? That would help the race producers to get a purse sponsor. Make up your own national series within what's available.

Keep diggin, now that 97 boats had a taste of what it can be like, maybe with all this talk, something can happen to make a difference.

Dlaw, just a question for you. Do you have to race with APBA or would you also be open to racing with SBI and/or OSS if the rest of the fleet was attending one of their races? Loyalty to a given series by racers is also a stumbling block. Someone has to give a little (or a lot) to make a compromise work. I forgot, your a lawyer, you know how this works.

A compromise only works if both parties are not completely happy with the outcome.
Old 12-06-2004, 04:17 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

WOW, I think I need to hit Pollo Tropical for more mula!!!

please everyone stop by your local Pollo Tropical and order a Tropichop meal!!!
Attached Thumbnails Racer's input.....-pollo-key-west.jpg  
Old 12-06-2004, 04:18 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont think that has ever been out of the question. I remember Bob Bull being on Biloxi prepared to run his SCL. I am more concerned about what issues (if corrected) would bring teams to an organization. Like amenities, treatment, facilities, costs, etc.
Old 12-06-2004, 06:36 PM
Registered

klaatu makes sense....
Old 12-06-2004, 06:43 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Klaatu
I quit going to the local Hdwe store, because Home Depo has everything I'm looking for. You guy's are customer's . Really, it is you, who will ultimately decide which org, is best suited to take offshore into sponsor ship heaven . You all are JUST as divided as the BIG THREE dividing you. Quit shifting blame .Decide to stand together ,and make up your'e mind's what your demand's are (buisiness plan ) then take it to ALL three . One of them will say OK .
BINGO!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Racer's input.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.