Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Unification

Gino....you crack me up. But you right.

Was your dog pissed????
Old 12-16-2004, 05:15 PM
Registered

Hey Bruce....I think the dog is pissed + my lunch was gone that I made this morning....This could be War...Don't be suprised if you hear something on the news in the next couple of days about a Huskey on a hunger strike.....
It would be great to see you, Augie and the boys in a Super Series Class.....

Last edited by MANITIE; 12-16-2004 at 05:32 PM.
Old 12-16-2004, 06:54 PM
Registered

Cool Re: Unification

Klaatu, I am not a horse trainer, I can close the doors at the shop stay at home and watch reruns of the Beverly Hillbilly's, I want stress over this ,,give it time and it will change may be for what I want or maybe not, I got into racing for the same reason as many if not all,,the love of boats. I would like for you to imagine this scene,,.,,.,,.,,Humppy Wheeler is trying to start another racing body ; NascarII who will leave Nascar ????? if it even got off the ground it would probably look a lot like this sh!t sandwich that is put before us now.
Please! please forgive me for quoting a scripture from the Bible : YOU CAN"T SLAVE FOR TWO MASTERS end of quote. 2003 was in my opinion the last good year of racing ,, it was that year that made my mind to go into racing,, and last year other than KW , was a joke low turn out in boats and in FAN interest and O yes zero TV time thus know public interest.
I don't claim to have all if any answers, but it was working at one time not too long ago!
Old 12-16-2004, 08:42 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

n2boat,
How can u make those silly statements about boat count and zero TV and fan interest being down????I I would love to know where you get your information from?
SBI and ABBA and had 4 joint races with 60-70 boats at ever race.Also 8 OSS boats at Deerfield! ( Sarasota,Alabama,NC,and Deerfield)
OLN broadcast 11 1 hr TV shows twice a week Saturday and Thursday. Also 2 NBC Jeep Series on national TV... First time ever in the history of the sport that we made national TV.
Every city that we got the final reports from had higher head and bed count then they did last year.Every Mayor and town council we spoke to after wards was pleased and looking forward to even a better year this year.If they weren't happy I don't think they would be paying to have us back again.Ever one of them are throwing more money and support at this new season. EXAMPLE...Ft. Lauderdale this coming year is doing a MAJOR blits for the race at the same time as the AIR and Sea show that had over 2 million spectators last year.
Those are the facts,you must of missed something this year.Its silly **** like you said that Hursts the sport instead of helping it. If you want to stir the pot at least use fact instead of off the wall statements,our sponsor and fans are reading this also. They are as interested as anyone on OSO and they deserve to hear the truth.

Frank
"Koolhand"

Last edited by F1-00 Racing; 12-16-2004 at 09:54 PM.
Old 12-17-2004, 01:13 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,735 Likes on 3,794 Posts

[QUOTE] am sure that many will be very upset that I mentioned OSS but they are the new kid on the block and have not delivered the TV etc they promised. I do not think this is dishonesty or intentional it simply just proves how hard and expensive it is to market a sport in today’s world. I do feel OSS has diluted and confused the marketing efforts of the two established circuits and all of us have suffered for it.

Please keep this as constructive talk, OSS is new, yes they have thier growing pains! But rest assured what they are trying to build is a national curcuit, not 20 Florida races but races all over the United States! (They do have their share of Florida races), By only having 4 classes which happen to be the top classes. there is a lot of potential for sponsorships, I am not trying to Pissoff the P-class racers,
they bust thier a$$ spend thier hard earned cash to race. unfortunatley in corporate eyes this is the sportsman class. the GM/Vortec was based towards the upper tier as well. In My Opinion, unless you race the top four classes, (with whoever) you will not see progress. then if you do step up you better have competion.
Opps I forgot 5 classes , Because Super Sport is certainly a fun class to watch.
Old 12-17-2004, 04:15 PM
Registered

Bacardi does pretty well with sponsors, come to think of it, so do I, Snap On as well
Oh Yeh, APBA too with GMC. APBA has races in Buffalo, TN, Milwaukee, NC, and Michigan. SBI has TV.
Your point is?
Old 12-17-2004, 06:49 PM
Registered

How many of the races that OSS has posted on their site do they have SIGNED contracts for,and think before you answer....
Very good point Scott!

Frank
"koolhand"
Old 12-17-2004, 08:07 PM
Registered

Wink Re: Unification

Klaatu, Humpy Wheeler owns the Lowes Motor Speedway,, Atlanta Mortor Speedway and others and is heavily involved in Nascar.

F1-00 I beg your forgiveness I only stated what I saw or in this case DIDN'T see ,,.,,In my opinion OLN is not national coverage.. If you F1-00 want a racing entity to be successful on a national scale ,,I would think that it might operate something like,, Nascar,,.,,Big crowds ,TV time on a regular basis, corp. sponsorship. I have been pretty successful in Stock car racing and have seen it evolve to what it is now, but f1-00 you are more than likely right ,I am silly for thinking that everyone could come to an agreement ,,till it is worth to the public ,,what it is to us ,,it will remain ONE big poker run
Old 12-17-2004, 08:21 PM
Registered

Question Re: Unification

F1-00 also I would like to add, that in July of 2003 the APBA left the town of SAVANNAH Ga. and never returned this year 2004 can you tell me why? they were there in 2002 ?
Old 12-17-2004, 08:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by n2boatn2
Klaatu, Humpy Wheeler owns the Lowes Motor Speedway,, Atlanta Mortor Speedway and others and is heavily involved in Nascar.

F1-00 I beg your forgiveness I only stated what I saw or in this case DIDN'T see ,,.,,In my opinion OLN is not national coverage.. If you F1-00 want a racing entity to be successful on a national scale ,,I would think that it might operate something like,, Nascar,,.,,Big crowds ,TV time on a regular basis, corp. sponsorship. I have been pretty successful in Stock car racing and have seen it evolve to what it is now, but f1-00 you are more than likely right ,I am silly for thinking that everyone could come to an agreement ,,till it is worth to the public ,,what it is to us ,,it will remain ONE big poker run

Frank steped out for a moment so I will let him answer your questions when he returns, but since you are so successful in stock car racing you would know that Humpy runs CMS(now known as Lowes) Bruton Smith is the principal owner of the company that owns CMS, AMS, TMS, North Wilkesboro and Vegas. I am sure that since I kept up with it, Humpy has been promoted higher in the corp but not to owner. Humpy started off over in Gastonia either running or owning the Robinwood Speedway off Robinwood Rd.

Guys, the comparison to Nascar keeps being brought up and it boils down to apples vs oranges. They have stadiums that can hold in access of 200,000 people with the cheapest seat costing 80 bucks. Last time I checked we have "Stadium Style" racecourses but I havent seen anyone pay to get on the beach unless you were bringing your vehicle on it. I applaud where Nascar is today, compared to what is was when I was growing up in NC. All we are is 24- 50ft billboards going down the interstate. Half the time, you cant make out 75% of the boats when they are on the water.

Offshore is what it is, pick the best schedule that works for you and your team and go race it and have a great time. Yes I feel that we should reduce the classes per say, give P-class back to the divisional series and only run the 6 classes on the national side. It you want to use the Nascar example make P class like the Busch series and the other classes like the Winston Cup. Maybe if we eliviated the P classes some of the national circuits would go away and we would have no choice but to be unified under one umbrella. They couldnt survive without the P class revenue. I dont have an hour to type out the total proposal and mine is just another opinion like everyone elses.

Trent

Quick Reply: Unification

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.