What offshore needs to learn from Nascar

Old 12-18-2004, 10:56 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up What offshore needs to learn from Nascar

Of all the points that maybe brought up on this topic, I want to start,

1. Competition

2. Integrity

In my opinion, these are the two biggest reasons for Nascar's success.

When you look back at the France family control of racing, they had the vision to see that to get racers to race in the numbers they needed to attack crowds, they had to have a fair and leveled...NOT LEVEL...set of rules. There is a big difference between the two.

Through out nascar history as soon as one driver, car make or team starts to gain a dominance, nascar figures out a way to either reel them back or bring others up. Remember the cartoons about nascar making Earnhart have to pull a U-Haul trailer. (maybe some skiers for Mark and Gino )

The Frances could do this because every racer knew that they were not doing it for any other reason but for the benefit of the sport. And the LONG TERM success of the group.

We could set here all day and give example after example of what we all believe offshore has done wrong, I don't what that. We need to look around at the past and see what has worked for other groups and ask that our leadership do the same for us.

Mike Sadlon

Last edited by Captnmike; 12-18-2004 at 12:28 PM.
Old 12-18-2004, 12:43 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: What offshore needs to learn from Nascar

When Nascar was growing the racers didn’t have more money than God so they weren’t able to start their own club.
Old 12-18-2004, 01:29 PM
Registered

I can't remember the exact history, but in the 60's the racers threatened to boycott and I believe France looked them out.

Mike
Old 12-18-2004, 08:57 PM
LOOK AT THE LEAD NOW!!!!!
Platinum Member

Where is MA?????? Anybody seen or heard from him. I am sure he lurks on the board every once in awhile.
Old 12-19-2004, 08:01 AM
Registered

I wonder if it was just going too slow for MA or did he realize it was never going to be successful or profitable?

Mike
Old 12-19-2004, 08:40 AM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,714 Likes on 3,786 Posts

some people think it is going somewhere!
Old 12-19-2004, 12:18 PM
Registered

My point is that allot of people thought the sport was going in the right direction. Then it suddenly went out of control. And I don't think we ever got the whole story on why.

Mike
Old 12-19-2004, 03:30 PM
My EX got the Sleekcraft
Platinum Member

Hey..

It's not that bad..

I've been thru 6 Offshore races and only 4 hurricanes this year in Central/South Florida. Sooo what's the ***** about Offshore.??? There were less than that number of ANY OTHER class of motorsports here in Florida.

Current temp is 72....
Old 12-20-2004, 05:44 PM
RMS Super V #2

To suggest that Mike Allweiss is "cowering in a corner somwhere" only confirms how little the participants on this board know about him.

I talk to him regularly, he is very happy to be away from the Sport and prospering in his re-discovered profession as an Attorney.

To compare our Sport to NASCAR is a huge waste of time, yet it keeps popping up as a subject of conversation, for a reason I'm sure I could not even imagine. We (those of us who actually Race Offshore) do not have they dynamics in place which enable us to replicate the NASCAR Model in any way..... starting with our inability to control the "Gate" at most race sites and continuing to a very, very long list.

The successful Sanctioning Bodies of the modern Era are moving into the Future promoting the things we crate within our Sport that are Unique.... like the exotic nature of what we do, and the Personalities.

The sport didn't "go out of control", I believe the plan was to try to regain what they thought they could not control, and felt they needed to control.

The results have, obviously, not gone exactly as planned.

Gregg Reichman

Old 12-20-2004, 05:53 PM
LOOK AT THE LEAD NOW!!!!!
Platinum Member

I think for a long while people saw MA as a problem with the things he was doing. While others are entitled to there visions as MA was entitled to his. I am starting to see things are basically going back into the same direction that MA had the sport in a few years back. I am sure now that many may be seeing this the way I am talking about and if MA is in the corner like people are referring to I am sure he is laughing his ass off and shaking his head at the same time. Lets just hope that people learned from the mistakes that have been made over the past 10yrs of Offshore Racing and really create something Big and Successful as I feel is beginning already.

Quick Reply: What offshore needs to learn from Nascar

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.