Notices

For Racers To Read

Old 12-28-2004, 10:42 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For Racers To Read

I told myself if I came back to OSO I would not start any posts because there is always a couple of IDIOTS out their they will stir it up and any positive input gets shadowed by a couple of jerks...but I have to say something:
When I left OSO over a year ago it was because it became a joke...I remember a few years ago a large number of racers would have conversations about what it was for..Racing...was their joking around..YES...I remember thier were over 30 F1 racers alone that posted and read on a weekly basis....I can't tell you how many guys have left OSO because of all the BS. Steve has put a section up for us and some have turned it into such a joke alot of good people just don't bother to even log on anymore....I for one had no problem leaving because what it turned out to. I came back because I was getting back into racing and had made the investment to start up a race team for the long haul and came back to OSO because I got alot of good information here and could talk to racers thru PM's. If we all look back a couple of years ago....remeber how many racers and crew's names were currently log on at any time...I remember their would be 20 to 25 guys logged on at anytime in the evening...now when I log on their might be 2 or 3...what happend?? There is alot of talk about who's at fault for the boat count dropping in Offshore Racing and it funny how many guys blame APBA,OSS and SBI for all the problems....what about here...are we going to blame them for the low turn out here...Remember we use to have guys that raced Super Cat and PX class's Like Dave S. and Tres just to name a few....and guys from STAR'S Rescue....and the people that ran the show like Pop, Steve D., Mike T., they would answer alot of questions here...what the hell happend? I thing Bruce said it best in the New Year their needs to be a change on here....maybe I missed something while I was gone...is there a better place to get racing information and input of the racers then here?? I find myself reading more in the General Info. then here....and you know what they have some great info and are having fun at the same time....I don't know....maybe I missing something.....I didn't mean to ramble but I didn't think coming back to OSO it would have gottin to this....Just looking for answers or maybe some input....since thats what OSO put this here for in the first place....I'd blame this on my dog but I took away his computer privileges for eating my XMAS Turkey off the table....So I'll take the blame for this one!!!!

Last edited by MANITIE; 12-28-2004 at 10:58 AM.
Old 12-28-2004, 10:53 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: For Racers To Read

Well said Gino...

Frank
"koolhand"
Old 12-28-2004, 11:08 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gino,

It is nice to see you on the board again. I would have to echo some of your statements, as well. I can only hope that some will take Bruces thread to heart.

Julie
Old 12-28-2004, 11:09 AM
Registered

Amen...

That damn dog. You should do sumtin bout that MUTT

bring this forum back to what it was meant for ...

RACE TALK..... I vote yes

forget all the other BS. its getting old.
Old 12-28-2004, 11:18 AM
Registered

you know...another thing that is very annoying.

A serious racing related thread/topic somehow alsways gets hijacked or polluted by a off topic conversation. I pledge that the love fests that seem to plague a racing issue be takin off the board in private. Dammit...use the phone. or GET A ROOM

Happy New Year
Old 12-28-2004, 12:10 PM
LOOK AT THE LEAD NOW!!!!!
Platinum Member

Bruce & Gino,

Good points by both. How about if you have something negative to post to someone you private message it to them. That way you get your point across and yet the public does not see it. Just an idea.

Welcome back Gino and best wishes to you in 2005 Buddy!!!!!!!
Old 12-28-2004, 12:25 PM
oui
Registered

That private message idea is a great one, maybe people could also practise what they preach.... I'm sure there are many potential SPONSORS out there that would enjoy learning the positive aspects of this sport and join in on some of the comarodory!
Old 12-28-2004, 01:49 PM
Registered

Yes, and being one of the sponsors and a potential sponsor of who knows what, I have to agree. I can only imagine, what someone not familiar with the personalities of the racers, on this board may be thinking after visiting the "Racer's Milling Area". It might surprise you ....you know what they say about first impressions.

Julie
Old 12-28-2004, 04:49 PM
RMS Super V #2

Gino:

It became rather obvious, very quickly that actual Racers with quality information to offer had no place here. Owners of Sanctioning Bodies and their staff were "barred" from posting if what they said didn't work for the Agenda of the Owners of the website.

I for one gave up on it because ligimitate facts, when offered, did nothing to improve the negativity of a few who seemed to have full run of the site.

I still read the posts just to get a laugh out of the, (as Pat Weisman once put it "know nothing-know it alls"), but thats about it.

I agree, its Sad, but its also True.

Gregg Reichman