Notices

Sponsor Question?

Old 01-11-2005, 11:59 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default Sponsor Question?

I was looking for some ball park figures, on getting a sponsor for poker runs. I have been approach by a few VP's of the company I work for. I own a 42 triple 540's Fountain. Which can be very costly as all of you know. I don't want to get into any ones business. I can afford about six poker runs a year right now. If I could make this work I could make a hell of alot more. It would be in TX and the Gulfcoast area. I was just lookin for some help from the Pros as I don't want to cut myself short nor overprice it and loose the deal. Sorry I am not a racer "yet" but just lookin for some good advice. Thanks Tom
Old 01-11-2005, 12:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Sponsor Question?

If you could afford to do six, than ask for as much as it will cost you to do more.
If you offer to bring along a client or two on the sponsored events, that would probably be a good selling tool.
Old 01-11-2005, 08:57 PM
Registered

If I do it, they will want to put their name on the boat, I have thought about taking out customer also, what about the liability? What about the cost of repairs, gas, cleaning ect ect since it would triple the time on my boat. They are also interested in seeing their name in magazines and DVD's. What kind of viewing number could I give them for something like this?
Old 01-11-2005, 09:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't give you any stats on Poker runs, and of course they will want you to name your boat. You need to take everything you said into account, figure out a budget per event and present it. I would think liability falls under your insurance just like when you take anyone for a ride. Call the poker run organizers for event stats.
3 times the ware and tare =3times the fun
Old 01-11-2005, 09:53 PM
Registered

The sponser would be Budweiser "Local" so it would have to be Red. All of us know how expensive it is to play. I personally think when the new Outterlimits TV show comes out it will be a hit like all the other Motorcycle, hot rod shows. The way Poker Runs are growing, I belive this will be the next big deal in the publics eye. I just don't want to over price and lose the deal. I will be asking a favor from Ron P. for sure if this deal goes down.