Notices

Factory classes/496

Old 02-13-2005, 10:54 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Factory classes/496

what's the lowdown on this??...are the final rules set?

thanks...
Old 02-13-2005, 03:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Factory classes/496

That's A Good Question,i Was In Atlanta For The Meeting.speaking Only For The F1 Group The Rule Book Was Gone Over And Necessary. Ajustments Were Put In Writing And Read To The Board Of Apba/sbi.it Is My Understanding That These Changes Were Given To The Class Reps For Final Ok's.
Old 02-13-2005, 04:17 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Who is the class rep for F1 ????
MD
Old 02-13-2005, 05:36 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

I knew taking photos of the screen at the APBA/SBI meeting would come in handy.
Attached Thumbnails Factory classes/496-class-reps.jpg  
Old 02-13-2005, 07:28 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Sorry, next time I'll ask Reggie to move over a bit, he was in the perfect spot for photos of the screen.
Old 02-14-2005, 08:53 AM
Registered

Frank are the rule finalized for the 05 season or are there still some bugs that need working on? Also is there a dead line when the rules wont be changed any more for 05. Im not busting balls, I have several offers to run my F1 boats and they need some modifications for this new class. The biggies are whats the X dimension,Stand off box,weight,what drives and motors,and exhaust. I believe you have the answers to most of these already. If you could just confirm the ones you know for sure wont change it would be a help!
MD
Old 02-14-2005, 04:27 PM
Registered

I don't have any motor yet. Is that the only legal motor for 05? I heard that the Volvo and Vortec were also being looked at. Thats why I am asking questions before I buy anything. If there is a change in the drives I may need to re-glass my transom and make new motor mounts. It all takes lots of time and if you don't have the answers soon you will never make the beginning of the season with a competitive boat.
MD
Old 02-15-2005, 02:35 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
I don't have any motor yet. Is that the only legal motor for 05? I heard that the Volvo and Vortec were also being looked at. Thats why I am asking questions before I buy anything. If there is a change in the drives I may need to re-glass my transom and make new motor mounts. It all takes lots of time and if you don't have the answers soon you will never make the beginning of the season with a competitive boat.
MD
I was at the Atlanta meetings and involved in the F1 discussions. Ballots were sent out to registered (paid 2005) equipment owners for vote. The deadline for the ballots I believe is the end of the month. That said, I don't think it is too late for those who are going to be racing F1 class to pay their equipment fees and have a vote.

To help anwser some of your questions this is what the new rule book should look like, although the the vote is not final:

Motors = SBIP/APBA Certified Stock Engines
Merc 496HO
Volvo 496
Inovation 425

Drives=
All bravo 1.50 gear ratio and Volvo 1.48 gear ratio, speedmasters ok - all others excluded

X Dimension=
Stepped Bottoms - Max height 3 1/4" below the bottom
Conventional - Max height 2 1/4" below bottom

Standoff Box/ Merc ITS =
Conventional bottoms only

Weight=
4500# min

Exhaust=
Stock only with max 8" tips

Cockpit=
Stock dash, steering and seat locations. Full stock cockpit interior required. Cockpit covers OK.

Hope this helps, you can refer back to the 2004 SBI & APBA tech rules for more info as they essentially were combined. These were the major items of discussion and what was presented to the board for review, and now out for vote.

As of today I don't think that any motors have been delivered from Innovation as they are still waiting for new engine seals. Doesn't look like anyone will have a lot of time to set up.

Brian
Old 02-15-2005, 07:36 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks...
Old 02-15-2005, 08:44 AM
Registered

What is stock exhaust? CMI headers,Gil or what?
Drives, any Bravo including XR and XZ ?
Stock interior? Are the existing F1's interiors OK?
Just asking
MD

Quick Reply: Factory classes/496

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.