Notices

Volunteers Needed

Old 03-16-2005, 12:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Volunteers Needed

Originally Posted by Phantom1
A member for 2 months with a whopping 21 posts.

As far as I'm concerned, you haven't been around long enough to have figured out who the "idiots" are yet. The politics of this forum, as unpopular as they may be, go back years.

Stick around and learn some history before you start calling names - you'll have a little more credibility.
I agree with Phantom,

If you are going to post negative posts and personal attacks in this forum, it would be nice to know who you are and what your affiliation to racing is. If your not somehow affiliated with a team, or association, or the like, you should keep your comments to yourself. They only stir up more controversy and GOD knows we dont need any more of that.
Old 03-16-2005, 12:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Phantom1
You've been an OSO member for 2 months and have 21 posts.

As far as I'm concerned, you haven't been around long enough to have figured out who the "idiots" are yet. The politics of this forum, as unpopular as they may be, go back years.

Stick around and learn some history before you start calling names - you'll have a little more credibility.
I have been here long enough to say, if you don't like then GET OUT of OFFSHORE RACING and the Racing milling area... He's been a member for two months and you haven't race in how many years???? All Rooboinker is saying is WHY are several of you so NEGATIVE? RACE or SHUT UP!!! And I've been a member since 2000 and have 567 + post, and I race now, so can I say it???

Ben Hedrick

Last edited by Ben@SRP; 03-16-2005 at 12:52 PM.
Old 03-16-2005, 01:06 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ben@SRP
I have been here long enough to say, if you don't like then GET OUT of OFFSHORE RACING and the Racing milling area... He's been a member for two months and you haven't race in how many years???? All Rooboinker is saying is WHY are several of you so NEGATIVE? RACE or SHUT UP!!! And I've been a member since 2000 and have 567 + post, and I race now, so can I say it???

Ben Hedrick
You can say anything you want, and I respect your opinion. Just realize that there is nothing "positive" in calling people names - that was the point of my prior post.

For the record, I sold my race boat in January 2002. I have been working with two teams since, mainly assisting with sponsorship and marketing efforts. Depending on how this season goes, I may look at a boat for 2006.

Lighten up........

Last edited by Phantom1; 03-16-2005 at 02:02 PM.
Old 03-16-2005, 04:09 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,737 Likes on 3,794 Posts

Originally Posted by F1-00 Racing
Pete,
. I agree again that boat count is important, I was there the last 2 years of the Ft Myers race and the boat count left a little to be desired. To expand on what Shane asked about the difference, you have 30 something boats listed on your web site, which by the way some of those boats wont even see water ever again.
I thought you would only post race dates that are confirmed and under contract? I think it has been made quite obvious that you need 2 SBI/APBA/UIM races under your belt to qualify for KW so I am curious as to why you would promote that race on your website when your not even invited as an association? OSS could be such a great association if you would put a stop to the smoke and mirrors tactics and be honest, heck you might just attract more boats.

Good luck to you this season and be safe

Trent
To Start out these where quotes from members of the community that are volunteering, (VOLUNTEERING their time and effort for the racers). as for OSS, direct that to them I am just helping solicite volunteers for the race here in warm , sunny Ft Myers.

no one is claiming 50 to 70 boats and if we have 35 boats in 5 classes, it is far better than 25 in 16 classes.

and for the boat listed that will never see the water again, i dont update the OSS website, im sure they will thank you for bringing it to their attention.

This thread was also listed in General discussion as well,
we want to have a great event . and if we can get some pics of some of the volunteers in their swimsuits you may want to volunteer as well.
Old 03-16-2005, 04:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Mark Mathews
Wow, this thread sure went south in a hurry. And I didn't even
say anything.

P.S. - Ben, I've got a big SRP order to place. Thought about placing it with you, but now that I see how you feel, I'll go direct. Thanks for helping my decision.
Mark,
Thanks for the order...

Ben
Old 03-16-2005, 05:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Pete B
and if we can get some pics of some of the volunteers in their swimsuits you may want to volunteer as well.
Yeah, This is true... Pete's got a good point. I LOOK forward to go every other Tuesday. Heck I think it should be every night. Sorry, I'm getting off, the subject...

Ben
Old 03-16-2005, 06:12 PM
Registered

So what boat is it that will never see the water again?
Old 03-16-2005, 06:50 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Why are you guys giving Pete B a hard time? He's trying to do the thankless job of recruiting some volunteers to keep the racers safe.

Because he added the word "real" you take offense? Get over it and pray that there's more people like Pete at each race site that will continue to build a group of unpaid, unthanked volunteers that are standing by to pluck your sorry asses out of the water in your time of need.

You guys owe Pete and every race volunteer an apology for dumping on his thread. If you don't want to help him, keep your thoughts to yourself.
Old 03-16-2005, 07:01 PM
Registered

Ron P,
AMEN...
Old 03-16-2005, 08:17 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,737 Likes on 3,794 Posts

Sorry MM,
Not going to poof it, freedom of speech is something I enjoy as do most Americans including yourself I'm sure, I spent 22 years in the military defending it, and once again it was a volunteer thing. Whatever you stand for, stand by it, and promote it let your voice be heard, of course not everyone will share your opinion which is fine as well. As americans we have the choice to be opinionated. So are you intrested in volunteering,
or are you just gracing us with your mere words of wit??

Quick Reply: Volunteers Needed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.