Notices

River Tax !!!!

Old 10-10-2007, 12:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default River Tax !!!!

You gotta be kidding me !!!!!!!!!!!!!

every successful city in the country is based around water... lakes ocean, river etc.... and all cool cities have developed this area.

What a disgrace. I was in shock. What a joke.

How in the hell could you not want this area developed? North Tulsa must have more idiots than I already thought.... stupid a holes

Now opened up to private developers.... yeah right, 5 years of approvals and BS to go through only to have all the north Tulsan shade picketing your office.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:44 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

You think the local governments would not screw it up!!! Come on what has government ever not screwed up.

In addition several items listed were already included in the 2025 proposal already passed.

Don't get me wrong I agree the river should be developed but not by the people that gave us the welfare system, our current streets and brides, etc...
Old 10-10-2007, 12:58 PM
Registered

The city would have not done it. They would have had private people develop it with the city's backing. Private developers would have the city's support as now they will have to get the city's approval and all sorts of BS. Any developer that gets in bed with them now will have to wait 10 years to make any real money AND have to listen to all those idiots telling them how to do it.

Every big city in the country has crappy roads in some areas, crappy schools in some areas and crime in some areas. There will always be a bad section of Tulsa... the focus has to be on making more good sections.

Oh I guess no one would have spent any money on the new riverwalk area and none of that money would have spilled over into the city's coffers either

The River development would have snowballed this city into one of the nicest in the counrty.

They are more worried about potholes on 21st than developing the diamond in the rough... small minded idiots. I was in SHOCK when I saw the vote. Small minded idiots and low income dirtbags came to the polls.... kudos to them for prying the low lifes out of the gutter to vote.
This was the one chance to get the city behind a development plan and then have them supporting the project, along with the city.

Now the low lifes will crab abd b1tch when they are paying tax on the undeveloped property along the river... retards.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:23 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was in shock as well, I couldn't imagine anyone noting wanting this kind of development. I know it is a tax, however I would look at it as investment of tax dollars the would reap huge benefits and a very nice return in tax sales tax dollars coming back in.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Last night's vote was a huge step back for Tulsa's economy and future. The worse part is the people who fought it the most, would have gotten most of this tax back at the end of the year in the form of a rebate if you were over 62 or made less than $50K.

Now without this extra income for the city, taxes from new jobs, more people spending money at the river, and the many other ways this would have increased the tax base, where do they think they are going to get the money to fix the roads? The magic money tree outside. Close minded, short thinking people are going to be the downfall of this city. Whatever we do, let's not think more than 2 years down the road.

Stupid people. Chris Medlocks mom lives 2 doors down from me and he is one of the biggest idiots there is. I am ashamed that he is a Republican. He was one of the leaders against this thing, and while he campaigns to the north Tulsa low income, welfare people, neither he nor his mom live anywhere close to that area.

I am so disappointed by the uninformed I could be sick.

Many cities spend millions creating a river through their town so they can have a river walk. WE ALREADY HAVE THE RIVER. We are just too stupid to utilize it. Instead, lets build a stadium in downtown that is still not big enough to attract large acts plus there is still no parking in downtown and you will probably get shot if you out there after dark.

Way to go Tulsa

Phucking morons.

OK, my rant is done for now.

Last edited by Sea-Dated; 10-10-2007 at 01:29 PM.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:28 PM
Registered

I dont live in tulsa but i do go there alot and i think North tulsans need to clean their own places properties up first. that is dissapointing because the riverwalk is a nice place to go just imagine if it was bigger.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:34 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by firehawk
I dont live in tulsa but i do go there alot and i think North tulsans need to clean their own places properties up first. that is dissapointing because the riverwalk is a nice place to go just imagine if it was bigger.
They need to put up a wall along Admiral and stop police patrols over there, just let them kill themselves off and then take it back when they are done.

Either that or annex it ad give it to Owasso. Let it be their problem.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:36 PM
Registered

With this tax at least we could say we knew where a small portion was going.... not vanishing into pot holes on 21st or scraping the gum off the bus stop bench in boog-ville.. Watching the news here is a joke. matt, go **** on that guys' lawn next to you.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:37 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pretty brutal. I thought it would pass by a landslide.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:38 PM
Registered

Catering to the stupid low lifes got that idiot elected. What a douche bag. Find out where he lives and I am going to out ads in the paper in Browntown he is having a yard sale every weekend for the rest of the year.

Quick Reply: River Tax !!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.