Notices

Hey Waterboy!

Old 12-17-2007, 11:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey Waterboy!

Didn't you pay your OSO bill? I can't send a PM!

We are going tomorrow to pick up a TTR125LE for my boy for christmas. Any suggestions on where to go for his beginning riding lessons? We will be at the "This is a clutch", "This is the throttle" stage. It will be his first dirt bike ever. It should be a big empty field!
Old 12-17-2007, 11:43 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jayhawk261
Didn't you pay your OSO bill? I can't send a PM!

We are going tomorrow to pick up a TTR125LE for my boy for christmas. Any suggestions on where to go for his beginning riding lessons? We will be at the "This is a clutch", "This is the throttle" stage. It will be his first dirt bike ever. It should be a big empty field!
Hey jhawk im sure he'll pick up on it quick that TTR wont be to bad .How old's your boy ? i just sold a suzuki 80 and a 2004 TTR 125 for 900.00 on saturday . My 12 year old moved up to a YZ 125 and the 14 year old is on a YZ 250 .im sure he'll crash & burn a few xs but we've all been there .good luck
Old 12-17-2007, 11:59 PM
Registered

My boy is 13, and soon to be 14. He's never ridden before though, so I think this 125 will be a good place to start. I'm sure he'll be able to pick it up, but it will be fun to watch for sure! It has been several years since I've had a bike. I'm going to wait a couple of months to buy one and just spend time helping him get used to riding. My buddy has a 2004 CRF250R for sale that I will probably buy in a couple of months.

The TTR125 you sold, did it have the front disc, big wheels, and the electric start? The bike we are buying is an 04 with the big wheels, disc, and electric start for $1400.00. Based on everything else I've seen for sale, that seems to be the going rate.
Old 12-18-2007, 07:05 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by jayhawk261
My boy is 13, and soon to be 14. He's never ridden before though, so I think this 125 will be a good place to start. I'm sure he'll be able to pick it up, but it will be fun to watch for sure! It has been several years since I've had a bike. I'm going to wait a couple of months to buy one and just spend time helping him get used to riding. My buddy has a 2004 CRF250R for sale that I will probably buy in a couple of months.

The TTR125 you sold, did it have the front disc, big wheels, and the electric start? The bike we are buying is an 04 with the big wheels, disc, and electric start for $1400.00. Based on everything else I've seen for sale, that seems to be the going rate.
Sounds like a good deal the TTR had the small wheels and no electric start which made good start up bikes .im picking up a YZ 85 this weekend for another of the boyz .sounds like the lil guy will spend some time in 1st gear but will have a blast .on the web check out procyle out of columbia MO very cheap and good deals .you'll have a blast with the 250 i ride the CR500 and would'nt trade it for anything .
Attached Thumbnails Hey Waterboy!-ebay-030.jpg  
Old 12-18-2007, 08:50 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Jayhawk, let me know if you find any good places to ride. I am getting my 11 yr old a bike for X-mas also. It's a new tt110 with the autoclutch, he use to ride a 50cc yrs ago so this shouldn't be to big of a challenge. But I am looking for place closer than stillwater or the lake to take him to ride. Let me know.
Old 12-18-2007, 09:16 AM
Registered

There was an MX park in N.Tulsa awhile back, somewhere around E.Pine - doubt it's there anymore and even if it was, keep an ear out for flying bullets

Also, we used to ride all the land west of Chandler park, that area was filled with trails. You could run from the river road south to 41st St. West. Not sure what the rules are now, it was always private land. Might call Sam's offroad, they ran jeeps out there a lot.

Last place I can think of for you in S.Tulsa, the Allen Ranch out in Bixby. Not sure if any of you remember that place, it was a dude ranch for years. Not even sure if Ted Allen owns it anymore or one of his kids has it now. They ran some enduros around that property for awhile. They might let you ride for a fee if it's still around. Lots of land and horse trails.

Last edited by 37SR; 12-18-2007 at 09:21 AM.
Old 12-18-2007, 04:52 PM
Registered

Some places to ride are out at Keystone Dam and Appalacia Bay at Keystone. Below the dam at Eufala & Hudson.
Coopers track in Stillwater is a good day trip.
Also Camp Gruber by Muskogee.

Later,

Fin
Old 12-18-2007, 08:04 PM
Registered

Thanks for all the info guys!

The bike we went to get today in Hutchinson, KS was NOT as advertised. You can imagine I had to restrain myself from braining the fargin icehole! I asked them 3 times to make sure it was electric start before I drive 4 hours to get it. Oh yes! It is electric start! I get there and guess what! NO ELECTRIC START!!! I could have torn the guys head off!

On a better note, I think I may have now found one in town that we are going to look at tomorrow.

I'll keep everybody posted as to where we find to ride.
Old 12-19-2007, 09:45 AM
Registered

If your playing at the lake, then you can ride below the dam at Grand over in Disney. Pretty rocky. Call Erik Altom, he rides over there quite a bit. Another place is the D-Day park in Wyandotte, just south of Miami. About a 30 minute drive from KaHoots. Altom knows the trails at this place real well. Lots of open riding areas to teach the kiddos.
Old 12-19-2007, 09:58 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

I'll ride too! Let's all get together and do this. I need to burn the cobwebs out of the 250!
Attached Thumbnails Hey Waterboy!-p2050041.jpg  

Quick Reply: Hey Waterboy!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.