Notices

sunk boat

Old 11-04-2009, 09:17 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by P Offshore
Most likely the drive(gimbal) broke due to the wreck. I was told he was turning too tight at high speed. I was not actually there though.
As you guys know better than me, Fountains are haaaaaard boats to get in trouble with. The handling of their hulls are probably the overall best in the Vee class to me, so I'm just blown away that someone could flip one? Especially this time of year, with the lake as calm as it ever gets?

I'm glad he's alive, but I'm really down hearing the dog didn't make it. That's really sad.
Old 11-04-2009, 11:34 AM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 397 Likes on 124 Posts

B I think TY would have to disagree with you on that one I haven't been in a 38 that I know of, but the 32 yanked pretty hard on landings.

This sounds like a case of the twin step(I assume it was a TS) two step that went wrong, but I wasn't there either.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by P Offshore
Most likely the drive(gimbal) broke due to the wreck. I was told he was turning too tight at high speed. I was not actually there though.
That makes since! im glad it was just him and his dog,and not his whole family in the boat!
Old 11-04-2009, 03:25 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WARPARTY36
B I think TY would have to disagree with you on that one I haven't been in a 38 that I know of, but the 32 yanked pretty hard on landings.
Yeah, I had forgotten about that!

I've driven JM's 32 a chitload of times starting back when they bought it in 1992 or so, to when he sold it a few years back. They only thing I couldn't ever figure out, was why the steering was soooo tight on that boat? It had full hydraulic, and I believe JM had it looked at a few times. That boat always felt like it had NO power steering to me for some reason. That said, we never got out of shape in it any time I was riding/driving. When TY hit that wake crooked, there was NO WAY he could have corrected it in time to miss that cruiser. He was lucky THAT incident wasn't a WHOLE LOT worse.
Old 11-04-2009, 04:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BLee
Yeah, I had forgotten about that!

I've driven JM's 32 a chitload of times starting back when they bought it in 1992 or so, to when he sold it a few years back. They only thing I couldn't ever figure out, was why the steering was soooo tight on that boat? It had full hydraulic, and I believe JM had it looked at a few times. That boat always felt like it had NO power steering to me for some reason. That said, we never got out of shape in it any time I was riding/driving. When TY hit that wake crooked, there was NO WAY he could have corrected it in time to miss that cruiser. He was lucky THAT incident wasn't a WHOLE LOT worse.
Yep, I remember that day.

here is a pick of the flipped fountain from another site.
http://midwestboatparty.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=24447

Fin
Old 11-04-2009, 06:42 PM
LV
Gold Member
Gold Member

I had heard that he turned into the cove pretty hard as well, former OU player I believe, its too bad for sure, glad he is ok.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:30 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by LV
I had heard that he turned into the cove pretty hard as well, former OU player I believe, its too bad for sure, glad he is ok.
He played for OSU!
Old 11-05-2009, 10:22 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The pictures on MWBP look rough. Tore the chit out of the back of that beak.....
Old 11-05-2009, 11:33 AM
LV
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Spine Tingler
He played for OSU!
ahhh, makes much more sense!
Old 11-05-2009, 12:45 PM
Registered

I remember seeing that boat for sale in Havasu not long ago. Terrible news about the dog.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.