Good, easy access boat ramp? >

Good, easy access boat ramp?

Notices

Good, easy access boat ramp?

Old 07-22-2010, 10:19 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good, easy access boat ramp?

Finally sold the 280 BR. Buyer is coming to pick it up next weekend, and needs an address for his driver.

I have never dealt with trailering a boat in or out of grand, so any help here would be a big help.

Obviously, a 280 shouldn't need too big of a ramp or clearance.

ON a second note, I am in the hunt for a 400ss. Found a few, trying to figure out where on earth I would get that INTO the lake from... is there an easy, free spot to do it? I hate to pay misc fees for use of someone's private ramp...

Thanks in advance for any suggestions....

Furthermore, if anyone knows of any 2001+ 400ss Formula's on the lake that are going looking for a new home for a good price, please share the info.

Will be needing a 20k lb hydrohoist as well.

-Matt
Old 07-22-2010, 11:12 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Matt, use the one at either Bakers ($5) or the one by the bridge at the end of duck creek (free but gravely)
Old 07-22-2010, 09:48 PM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 397 Likes on 124 Posts

Matt you should be fine at either one of those ramps. Good luck finding the 20K lift. Not too many of those out there.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:54 AM
Registered

Well.... Now I am really pissed, or upset.

Sold my 2001 280 BR. I know most if not all of you had never really seen it, but I kept that thing in AMAZING condition. If you didn't know the differences in the years, I don't think you would have been able to tell it wasn't new, from the shine, to the interior, to the gelcoat, etc, etc, etc.

Went up to Ohio to look at an 02 400ss yesterday that was about to get taken by a bank, so I thought it might be a good deal.

If I were to compare the two boats... mine could have sat on a showroom floor, and the 02 400ss would be sitting in a junk yard.

It is real clear to me that what I consider a good, clean, and spotless boat.... vs. what the other guy thinks, are two TOTALLY different things.

So now I'm boatless, pissed that I flew all the way to OH, and concerned that I am going to have to buy a new boat to find anything to keep me happy with my standards of quality.

If you guys know of anything around, be sure to keep me in mind.

Frankly, too, I was a little disappointed with the ride quality of the 400.... I expected a little smoother at high speeds than it did. It really wasn't dramatically better than my 280 from about 40mph and up.

Hope u guys have a good weekend up there... my 10yr highschool reunion is tonight. blah.
Old 07-23-2010, 01:24 PM
Registered

I am a hydrohoist dealer and can get you a 20k for you at dealer cost.

http://www.arrowheadok.com/Page.aspx...Sport-400.aspx

Arrowhead has the above one and probably know of a few that arent listed that could be had. Call Thomas Straigis at 918-782-7073 he is my neighbor. He will give you straight answers about anything they have.

Jim Barbuto

Last edited by masher44; 07-23-2010 at 01:28 PM.
Old 07-23-2010, 02:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by masher44
I am a hydrohoist dealer and can get you a 20k for you at dealer cost.

http://www.arrowheadok.com/Page.aspx...Sport-400.aspx

Arrowhead has the above one and probably know of a few that arent listed that could be had. Call Thomas Straigis at 918-782-7073 he is my neighbor. He will give you straight answers about anything they have.

Jim Barbuto

Jim,

Thanks for the info on both the boat and hydro.

I will get in touch with you on the hydrohoist soon. PM me and we can exchange numbers.... we have met before up at CYC.

My deal with the 400ss is that I am not gonna go pay 300k for one. Deals are all over the place at or under 150k. I mean I know these guys are taking huge hits on them at 300, but still, with this market, cash is king, and I would almost rather wait on the boat and find a real steal.

Now, the issue I have is finding one of those good deals that meets my quality expectations..... that is the ultimate issue.

Anyways, PM me, we can exchange emails/numbers and visit more.

Thanks,
Matt

BTW, I'm trying to get out of my 10k lift, so I can get off A dock and get down to C dock at CYC before I lose the opportunity to get a slip over there.
Old 07-23-2010, 05:46 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mroberts
PM me and we can exchange numbers.... we have met before up at CYC.
He's easy to spot. Hes the drunk one in the visor askin everyone to arm wrestle and tryin to get the young guys phone numbers..
Old 07-24-2010, 03:49 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Originally Posted by waterboy222
He's easy to spot. Hes the drunk one in the visor askin everyone to arm wrestle and tryin to get the young guys phone numbers..

Old 07-25-2010, 07:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by waterboy222

Masher can't arm wrestle, i even beat him!! Don't you lie about that Masher, u know I beat you!!! As of last night masher and cale looked all cute together snuggled up on my couch while I was the one who only had a woman present......... N*****************r
Old 07-26-2010, 05:56 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by amann
Masher can't arm wrestle, i even beat him!! Don't you lie about that Masher, u know I beat you!!! As of last night masher and cale looked all cute together snuggled up on my couch while I was the one who only had a woman present......... N*****************r
Dont forget about his love of TANKTOPS and Masher difintely looks like the CATCHER in him and Cales relationship.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.