Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boat Club Forums > Grand Lake/LOTO/E-Dock
Any outboard mechanic recommendations? >

Any outboard mechanic recommendations?

Notices

Any outboard mechanic recommendations?

Old 06-01-2011, 02:33 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Any outboard mechanic recommendations?

Need to have a few MINOR things done to my 300's but was told by Hi-Lift that they wouldnt touch anything that "high performance" (shut up, masher)....

I figured since they were the new Formula dealer, they'd work on it. They;ve done all my work for 15 years. I guess the outboard mechanics are all up north..

Anyone know of anyone around that could do some basic work? Im getting low water pressure on one and need the drives serviced. Nothing major at all..

Im thinking someone around the Elk River area would know but can't seem to get any updated phone numbers that work.
Old 06-01-2011, 03:27 PM
LV
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

call Greg at Tulsa Boat sales, he's the mechanic there, he knows his stuff!
Old 06-02-2011, 09:17 AM
Mac
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There use to be a guy,I think his name was Dennis had a place in Elk River, drag raced outboards for years that was very good on high perf outboards. try Elk River Landing and Marina 787-2628, that might be him, always ran Allisions
Old 06-02-2011, 10:11 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Waterboy, I have always used A1 Outboard for my bass boat since Gray's outside of Bernice decided to closed due to retirement. The owner of A1 was the main mechanic there. He is Merc certified. He is located in Grove close to the Airport. His number is 918-787-2660.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:35 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

King's Marine in Ketchum, across from the cemetery just at the top of the hill, by the water tower & high school, is who services Randle Beighs 32 Skater with Merc OB's.

I can't remember which Merc OB's Randle's is running, but Kings Marine is who he's had work on them since he brought the boat to the lake last Summer:

http://www.kingsmarine.com/
Old 06-02-2011, 01:47 PM
Registered

Great, thanks! If Kings can do it, thatd me by first choice. But the guy out at Elk River was who I was looking for. I remember he was a bigtime allison racer..

Ill give kings a shout and see what they can do!
Old 06-02-2011, 06:46 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Originally Posted by waterboy222
Great, thanks! If Kings can do it, thatd me by first choice. But the guy out at Elk River was who I was looking for. I remember he was a bigtime allison racer..

Ill give kings a shout and see what they can do!

Well, I didn't know you were shopping it around. If that's the case, I have no idea what a fair price for servicing an outboard motor like yours & its parts would specifically or even remotely be for the "going rate", & especially to you. That's just the closest certified Mercury dealer & service center that I know of at least one Skater being worked on there.

It kind of depends on how far you want to haul it too!
Old 06-02-2011, 08:28 PM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Tomcat12
Waterboy, I have always used A1 Outboard for my bass boat since Gray's outside of Bernice decided to closed due to retirement. The owner of A1 was the main mechanic there. He is Merc certified. He is located in Grove close to the Airport. His number is 918-787-2660.
I use the same guy for my sons bass boat but it's a stock motor and has not had any major problems as of yet.

Off top. - waterboy, was you in Honey Creek last week?
Old 06-03-2011, 08:55 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BLee
Well, I didn't know you were shopping it around. If that's the case, I have no idea what a fair price for servicing an outboard motor like yours & its parts would specifically or even remotely be for the "going rate", & especially to you. That's just the closest certified Mercury dealer & service center that I know of at least one Skater being worked on there.

It kind of depends on how far you want to haul it too!
I'm not really shopping it according to price, more like location, location, location! Kings put my Sunsation back together a few times and they were great to deal with.
Old 06-03-2011, 09:01 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by RebarBox
Off top. - waterboy, was you in Honey Creek last week?
Nope, I havent ventured past island Joes yet!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.