Notices

On behalf of the so called "BORED" members

Old 05-23-2006, 02:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Re: On behalf of the so called "BORED" members

Originally Posted by Pantera28-650HP
Thanks Dale!

I am now the "Official" OSO NIOC Media Relations Director for the club as appointed by the Commodore!

See the post about the Fox Run for details!!!

For those members that can't read, call the hotline at
(847)289-REEF(7333), I am not responsible for the contents of the message though.
so does this mean no more prickish jabbs
Old 05-23-2006, 04:39 PM
Registered

Default Re: On behalf of the so called "BORED" members

I hope not! this getinng out of hand ! If peopel can't play nice stay the F#%k off the computer,i have to deal w/ this crap from my 10 and 12 year olds Boating is my vice my prozak lets have fun ! Party naked!
Old 05-23-2006, 08:46 PM
Registered

Talking Re: On behalf of the so called "BORED" members

Ask Cannon, he started this thread. I simply replied as to why I was so disappointed in his previous post, lack of updated information by the club and the explaination of the Mothers Day Andy Frano Run. No more, no less.

He must have felt it necessary to defend something

Pete, no one here has used profanity, and I know you're not talking to me like that...right?

And all of you are aware of the Spell Check button, but elect not to use it I assume.

Lighten up! It's going to be High 70's to low 80's this weekend and I have full fuel!
Kirk,

High 70's/low 80's which is it? I thought you finally solved your dilemna!
Old 05-23-2006, 09:00 PM
Registered

You had a full tank
Old 05-23-2006, 10:11 PM
Registered

for the record i am now 2 gallons of gas lighter. we should get 75 gps.
Old 05-24-2006, 08:52 AM
Registered

The Mother's Day weekend event was not my first choice. The board made a decision and I have to support the decision.
The NIOC is a form of a business. For a business to function properly, you must have a plan or a system in place. Currently, the NIOC does not have a system in place to reliably inform members of any changes with posts on OSO. We do have other systems in place, that we as a Board feel are reliable.
The NIOC website is, in fact, updated by a voulinteer that is not even a Board member. It is my feeling that There is not a reliable system to get info from the Board to the public VIA website. That is somthing we are working on. We are planning a system similar to the one the CPC has in place. Our problem is, it costs money and time. we are suffering from a lack of both.
If you would like the most up to date info, call the Hotline 1 847 289 REEF (7333). For now, I feel this is the most reliable, up to date source we have.
Old 05-25-2006, 09:47 PM
Registered

How does this club not have a plan or system in place after being in existance for over 4 years?

There is now a system and individual in place to notify members of changes and events on OSO. Bruce asked me to post the Fox Run and now everyone knows about the event and the scheduled time.

Unfortunately the NIOC website is not updated. It has the calenders under the Activities page and they only list the monthly General Meetings and Board Meetings. Since the club is already paying for the site, it is the most effective way to schedule events. I'm sure everyone appreciates the volunteer that handles the website, unfortunately, they may not have been informed of the schedule of events or changes. If that person needs help from others, just ask.

Paying for another method to inform the membership is not required, and would be a waste of membership money. Providing an updated website, posting on OSO, the hotline (if updated) and an email list, the information will get out.

As of 8:51 PM the REEF Hotline still contains info regarding the Andy Frano Run on May 21, therefore, I do not believe it is the most up to date info as you stated.

Try OSO!!
If you got such great ideas, START YOU'RE OWN CLUB! Give the board a break! They are working on a NEW site. It still takes a VOLUNTEER to update the hotline, and from what I can tell, that is Rose, who I'm sure has better things to do than please you! I have been using the hotline quite often, and it is usually updated quite promptly.The Fox Run is still 3 weeks off. Give her a chance to get close. The meeting comes before the run, you want to bust on her ( or the rest of the hard working board members) for that too.
I have been trying to be neutral and humorous about this whole thing, but enough is enough. If you have a personal problem with one particular member, exchange e-mails and take it up with each other. Right now, all you are doing is making the whole club look badly airing your dirty laundry in a very public forum. No one is going to want to join a club full of "Desperate Boat *****es". (that reference is for the ladies)
Calendars were given out at the last meeting. I'm sure the board is working on sending it out to all those who missed it.
Thank you Kirk for offering your free time to post info on OSO while the website is being updated. I'm sure the (whole) board is greatful for your time and effort, but please, stop busting their balls.
Yes, the boat club has been together for a long time. Closer to 7-8 years, But the current board is still fairly new and learning to work together. Please give them a little slack.
I'm done. EVERYBODY, please have a safe weekend. I hope to see you all out having a good time.
Old 05-25-2006, 11:13 PM
Registered

Hope to see everyone out this weekend , pray for sunshine ,and safe boating! i unfortuntley only have a 3rd of a tank left over from the frano run , but onlythru $70.00 in the tank that morning too , kirk i would never swear at you! I am not like that , Just tired of seeing negative comments , next general meeting people need to voice their opinions , give suggestions .
Old 05-25-2006, 11:18 PM
Registered

So how about dem Cubs???
Old 05-25-2006, 11:44 PM
Registered

Re: On behalf of the so called "BORED" members

How does this club not have a plan or system in place after being in existance for over 4 years?

There is now a system and individual in place to notify members of changes and events on OSO. Bruce asked me to post the Fox Run and now everyone knows about the event and the scheduled time.

Unfortunately the NIOC website is not updated. It has the calenders under the Activities page and they only list the monthly General Meetings and Board Meetings. Since the club is already paying for the site, it is the most effective way to schedule events. I'm sure everyone appreciates the volunteer that handles the website, unfortunately, they may not have been informed of the schedule of events or changes. If that person needs help from others, just ask.

Paying for another method to inform the membership is not required, and would be a waste of membership money. Providing an updated website, posting on OSO, the hotline (if updated) and an email list, the information will get out.

As of 8:51 PM the REEF Hotline still contains info regarding the Andy Frano Run on May 21, therefore, I do not believe it is the most up to date info as you stated.

Try OSO!!
Great! Welcome aboard! Now, I believe there is nothing further to discuss. Thank you for your input. Without club members, sponsors and people willing to donate their time, we could not have this GREAT club. I hope to see everyone soon!